3rd annual Battle of the Barracks ~ Sunday June 3rd Fort Vancouver Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd annual Battle of the Barracks ~ Sunday June 3rd Fort Vancouver Park

Signups are now Live!

The 3rd Annual Battle at the Barracks

Hello fellow discers! This year for the battle we will be playing the park in warmer weather, we have chosen Sunday June 3rd, 2012. It is a bit later in the season in order to try to capitalize on some dry grass and sunshine (hopefully).* Last year was a blast and we are going to continue the format but we will have more holes and divisions. *We had a pretty good turnout again last year and the park service is fully on board.* This year the cost is $35 if you sign up on time at www.northwestsignup.com. This year “day of” sign ups will cost $40 (in order to encourage people to use the sign up website).* So, here we are again.

Pool A- All pro divisions including advanced Ams
    Pool B- All other Amateur divisions

We will be playing two rounds for each division. Pool B will start in the morning, and Pool A will start when Pool B finishes their first round. This will go on into the afternoon with the course continuing to rotate between Pools. There will be room for 144 players and multiple divisions. This will be singles only, for each division. Like last year we will have ctp’s and long drive prizes. We will be serving lunch again this year and I am happy to have Disc Golf Depot doing the script for the ams as well as cool players packs this year including a tournament disc. We will be having a raffle fundraiser to benefit Discvango and we will be doing a ring of fire.

Schedule:

7:15-7:45 Player check in for Pool B
    8:00 Player’s meeting (Pool B)
    8:15 Tee off (Pool B 1st round)
    9:30-10:00 Player check in for Pool A
    10:15 Player’s meeting (Pool A)
    10:30 Tee off (Pool A 1st round)
    12:15Player’s meeting (Pool B)
    12:45 Tee off (Pool B 2nd round)
    2:00 Player’s meeting (Pool A)
    2:30 Tee off (Pool A 2nd round)
    4:45 Ring of fire and Awards

This tournament will be pre-registration only. The cost of the tourney is $35.00 online or $40.00 the day of. All divisions must have at least 3 players. Sign-up’s are located on www.northwestsignup.com or regdisc.com.* You can find a map of where the park is located here http://www.nps.gov/fova/planyourvisi...d/FOVAmap1.pdf See you at the park!

If anyone has any questions or knows of or would like to sponsor this event please get in touch with either Jason or I ASAP.

This is an amazing park and an outstanding course, and this year's event promises to be the best yet! You do NOT want to miss it!

The directors for this event:
    Jason Back (360)513-5050
    David Zimmerman (503)702-3246
    Last edited by Captain Save-A-Ho; March 18th, 2012, 04:04 AM. Reason: Updated information

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
    We are happy to announce that the third annual Battle of the Barracks will be Sunday June 3rd at Fort Vancouver. This years event will not be a fundraiser and will have all divisions of am and pro. There will be a players pack including a special stamped disc plus other awesome schwag for ALL players who enter, both pro and am. Times, and signup information will be posted here as soon as it becomes available.

We already have Disc Golf Depot and Rainy Day Games on board as sponsors, and will have more coming soon.

If anyone has any questions or knows of or would like to sponsor this event please get in touch with either Jason or I ASAP.

This is an amazing park and an outstanding course, and this year's event promises to be the best yet! You do NOT want to miss it!

The directors for this event:
    Jason Back (360)513-5050
    David Zimmerman (503)702-3246
    Cost?
    PDGA Sanctioned?
    What is the course like? # of holes, length, etc..

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Cost?
      PDGA Sanctioned?
      What is the course like? # of holes, length, etc..

Thanks for the info.
      All these questions and many more will have answers by the end of the week as we hammer out the details. It will NOT be a PDGA santioned event.

Comment

Some other info on the Battle! I was asked if we could consider the "Battle at the Barracks" as part of the Washington State Series next year. I believe it will be a qualifier for the finals but do not have much information at this time. As of next year it may turn into a PDGA sanctioned event but if not it will hopefully be a part of the Washington State Series.

Also, I have been asked to throw the long drive competition again this year so if you want in, bring your dollars....a dollar a throw. Sign ups seem to be a bit slow just like the previous years however, I anticipate the tourney to have close to a hundred this year and maybe more. Come on all you discers!!!! Sign up for this once in a year tourney its a great time.

Comment

One other tidbit...If we fill the tourney the ams and open payout will be BLI$$

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
            All these questions and many more will have answers by the end of the week as we hammer out the details. It will NOT be a PDGA santioned event.
            Sadface about non PDGA. I was totally thinking about heading out until I realised.

Let me know when you guys throw a sanctioned tourney!!

Comment

The reason why it has not been a PDGA Sanctioned event is because it has been a Fundraiser Tourney since it had started. This year is not a fundraiser so the payouts are great. Plus a players pack, lunch, games, and trophy's. This is exactly like the pdga events only more fun. Drinking is legal there and its a beautiful park (it is a barefoot course). Very well groomed and a once a year tourney that will continue to grow. Sorry to hear that pdga is the only tourney's your interested in Would like to see you out there anyway. WE NEED MORE WOMEN!!!!!

Comment

Remember if you show up the day of and pay it will be $40 dollars. Pay online before hand and its $35. Some of you have not paid but you are on the list anyway. Remember if you are on the list and we fill the tourney, those that have not paid will lose there spot to someone wanting to get in that has Ca$h Money. So here is the temporary registration. http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...2/registration

Comment

OK..I give up.

I cannot find the link to the registration page. Can you post the exact link in the forum.. Thanks ...Too much sun.

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                    I cannot find the link to the registration page. Can you post the exact link in the forum.. Thanks ...Too much sun.

http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...products_id=59

Comment

The Battle is Near!!!!

Just so everyone knows, registration closes for the Battle at the Barracks this year on May 23, 2012. If you want to cash in on saving some money for the tourney, dont wait!!!!!!!

Comment

I was just checking out the schedule - looks like it allows for 2 hour rounds. Is this really likely? Nearly every tournament round I have ever played has exceeded 3 hours for 18 holes.

Comment

Is there some place where i can find the current registration list? This sounds like an awesome temp setup!

Comment

Originally posted by ned.blaze View Post
                            Is there some place where i can find the current registration list? This sounds like an awesome temp setup!
                            http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...2/registration

Comment

Battle at The Barracks In 3d

So here is an update on the Battle at The Barracks tres

Registration is now closed for the online preregistration. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you ARE planning on coming and you ARE planning on paying the day of, we are taking names and divisions of people who are wanting to get on the list. I anticipate the tournament maybe filling this year and I really would like to not to have to send anyone home.

If you contact myself or Dave you can get your name on the list and be guaranteed a spot and just pay on the day of the tourney.

Another Note: Nate Sexton will be at the Barracks this year and he has agreed to put on a "Putting Clinic". Let me be the first to say Thanks Nate

There is in fact 18 holes, 2 rounds, players pack, lunch, raffle, long drive, ctp's, putting clinic, and everyone entering gets a single raffle ticket to try to win a basket.

Lets pray for sun!
                              Last edited by holdin8; May 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X