X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Aloha Sushi Classic May 5&6

Once again I am privileged to announce that the Fort Walla Walla Disc Golf Club will be hosting a "B" Tier event the weekend of May 5th and 6th as part of the 2012 Washington State Series.

I will be posting a flier once I get a chance to reduce its size
    Online signups
    northwestsignup.com

questions or concerns fell free to contact me
    Kristopher Bland

It should be mentioned for those that like/love wine that ASC is the same weekend as Walla Walla's Spring Release.

Local lodging: Plan on camping or staying in Pasco or Pendleton and driving the 40-50 miles.

Camping[/U] -$30 per night with water and electricity on each site. Up to 4 per site.
    The site is in town and is about 8 mins from the course but you are not walking distance to any stores.

Other options: Find a backyard or basement or spare floor space at a locals house. There are currently 2 houses willing to open their yards with one of them (mine) willing to open the basement, living room, kitchen, just about anywhere you can lay to relieve traveling expenses. All the two of us are asking is that you prearrange with us so we can keep the numbers within reason.

*There is NO camping at Fort Walla Walla no matter what you read (some sites need to be updated)

3/2 Added Flier+lodging requests
    Last edited by Cerrgurry; March 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM. Reason: just adding more stuff of course

can't wait

Can't wait for this one...it will be my first aloha, when do you think registration will open? thanks for putting it on!
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
      Can't wait for this one...it will be my first aloha, when do you think registration will open? thanks for putting it on!
      Online registration will be up soon on www.Northwestsignup.com (Mike is great) and the only delay was on my end with filling out the paperwork. You can also send in the flier with a check/money order etc.

I am confident that your first trip to ASC will NOT be your last.

-Kris

Comment

-Kris[/QUOTE]

Kris is right about that . Once you go ALOHA you always go back
        PDGA # 52916
        CRDGC
        TCDGC
        FWWDGC
        PDGC

Comment

Online registration is up and running...man Mike is good.
          CLICK ME
          Last edited by Cerrgurry; March 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post

-Kris
            Kris is right about that . Once you go ALOHA you always go back[/QUOTE]

Saw that reg is up, want to sign up just not sure if I could find a place to sleep.
            Are there any camping opportunities? Not sure what to do about lodging, seems like there are no campgrounds really in Walla Walla....ANY IDEAS/HELP? thanks!!

Comment

Kris is right about that . Once you go ALOHA you always go back
              Saw that reg is up, want to sign up just not sure if I could find a place to sleep.
              Are there any camping opportunities? Not sure what to do about lodging, seems like there are no campgrounds really in Walla Walla....ANY IDEAS/HELP? thanks!![/QUOTE]

I edited the first message to have a link to a rv site that offers grass tent sites and other options for lodging.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                Are there any camping opportunities? Not sure what to do about lodging, seems like there are no campgrounds really in Walla Walla....ANY IDEAS/HELP? thanks!!

I edited the first message to have a link to a rv site that offers grass tent sites and other options for lodging.
                Thanks much! Looks like the cheapest option in the area, too bad there isn't a state park or something, but I guess it will have to do to play the sushi. Thanks again. Sounds like a great tourny, hope it is as good as everyone says! look forward to the big trip.

Comment

Thanks much! Looks like the cheapest option in the area, too bad there isn't a state park or something, but I guess it will have to do to play the sushi. Thanks again. Sounds like a great tourny, hope it is as good as everyone says! look forward to the big trip.

Am attempting to lock in backyards of local players. I know I have at least one option and working on a second.
                  PM me and we can talk about it more.

-Kris

Comment

I just booked the Super 8 and I would say its Super expensive compared to other Super 8 Hotels I have stayed in. You fellows must be super swank up there in Walla Walla. Another note is that the PDGA discount does not work at this location. If someone finds out otherwise please let me know.

If one of the locals could go by there and find out if another discount is available through the event that would be good as well.

Seems a lot of the other hotels are filling up or are full already due to the spring wine release.
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      I just booked the Super 8 and I would say its Super expensive compared to other Super 8 Hotels I have stayed in. You fellows must be super swank up there in Walla Walla. Another note is that the PDGA discount does not work at this location. If someone finds out otherwise please let me know.

If one of the locals could go by there and find out if another discount is available through the event that would be good as well.

Seems a lot of the other hotels are filling up or are full already due to the spring wine release.
                      A couple years ago the disc golfers wore out their welcome at the host hotel.... Probably why the PDGA discount doesn't apply.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

All the more reason to find a house or yard to crash at while in town. Also they did jack their prices up for that weekend (usually 60-70 a night).

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          A couple years ago the disc golfers wore out their welcome at the host hotel.... Probably why the PDGA discount doesn't apply.

Not sure why the pdga discount does not work there. However it is past actions that have made it so as a club we do not approach hotels to be "host" hotels.

Comment

I got it and I am not complaining here but why was the super 8 recommended in this thread?

I remember now about the rowdy disc golfers who screwed things up. Sorry to bring up the past for you guys. Will Aloha Sushi be having its deals again this year even with the Spring Release going on.

Will the course be set up in the Blacks for the entire weekend or Will there be pin and tee pad changes throughout the weekend?
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

I got it and I am not complaining here but why was the super 8 recommended in this thread?

I remember now about the rowdy disc golfers who screwed things up. Sorry to bring up the past for you guys. Will Aloha Sushi be having its deals again this year even with the Spring Release going on.

Will the course be set up in the Blacks for the entire weekend or Will there be pin and tee pad changes throughout the weekend?
                              I recommend Super 8 for they are one of the easier hotels for people to get to the course from. Get on 12 take Myra exit go until you see fort walla walla. Its also the one near grocery stores and fast food etc. Usually they are the best option (for the price) that has a continental breakfast.

Aloha Sushi will be hosting our saturday evening saki and sushi fun.

We will run two full 18 hole courses (blue and black) again for those familiar with last years layout not much will change. Any tee/Pin that I can change I attempt to do so.
                              Open Men and Advance divisions will play black, blue, black. The other squad will mirror it and go blue, black, blue.

Walla Walla is hard to get a late spring weekend to ourselves with college graduations, wine stuff, dog shows, Fort Walla Walla Museum events including RC races, plays, pioneer days, rc planes, etc. Oh and of course BMX track events.

Being aware of the costs of playing disc golf in ww that weekend is a reason that I know of two yards willing to put people up and at least one yard has floor space/couch space indoors.

Thank you for the interest
                              Kris
                              Last edited by Cerrgurry; March 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X