Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kris is awesome

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
    What exactly does Jeff do to help promote the flow and speed of play? I usually try to give a buffer (when I can) and start at holes I feel will get everyone off to a non waiting start.
    As for the Open women playing on the same flight as the men, I will make all efforts to make this happen. That was my goal for last year and for 2012 if I have to decide which open division to move off the open flight I will choose a Male division (MPG perhaps).
    As to smaller divisions and deciding to have them play with other women or play with men of a similar division, I attempt to talk to the players involved. I do believe this is what I did last year...I asked (think it was you) if you would prefer to play with the ladies or a mens group (int i think).

As with the rest of the world if you see something going on and you wish to voice a concern or request please talk to me for perhaps I was unaware or at least I can give my reasoning for what action was taken.

May 5th is going to be here before I know it....time to go to preschool with my son.

Kris
    i think you're on the right track with the flow... you'd have to talk to jeff to get all the details... but i know that he thinks about the length of different holes and which groups are following which... my personal recommendation is to never, ever have ladies ghosting.

and our conversation about which group i'd prefer to play with was based solely on if any other pro ladies signed up and if they didn't if i'd be a division of one or play int. men... both ideas you completely supported and put the disc in my fairway to make my own decision on that. which is more than some TD's would do (or so i've heard) and it really impressed me and made me happy.

thanks for taking us into consideration, too, with the flights. one thing i realize is that i do not always understand the innerworkings and all the details that go into a tournament and that it's just the way the cookie crumbles that someone is not going to be 100% pleased with the way the course was layed out, their card they were put on, how long lunch was, pay out, weather, blah blah blah blah... but the important thing is that TD's be willing to have positive dialogue with players explaining why they do things... and absolutely vice versa. if a player has a complaint or a concern or a suggestion it should be voiced in a positive, reasonable way. so, as far as which flight the women play with... it may not make sense to put them with the open men if it means moving the masters... speed of play (and flow) is waaaaay more important i think than what flight you get to play with. i hope this helps and doesn't just confuse.

emma
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Had some free time and updated PDGA.
      If there is an error please let me know.

-Kris

Comment

I sure hope some more people sign up for this...it sounds like a great time and I hope for a full field in my first Sushi. Is it usually a full field? I know it's sorta early though...
        "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
          I sure hope some more people sign up for this...it sounds like a great time and I hope for a full field in my first Sushi. Is it usually a full field? I know it's sorta early though...
          ASC has a past of filling...or well near filling (sometimes we cap things below on purpose). I have not added some local players and some TriCitians who will sign up/pay later.
          In my perfect world people would sign up sooner rather than later for it helps with trophies and overall my nerves. We are ahead of where we were last year at this time

Take Care
          -Kris

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
            I've been to a number of these; always a great time. Field will be full or near full, course will be huge, great TD, club, staff, sponsors, fun place to visit, fair payouts, good player packs, and usually much much more.

You have selected a good tournament, at least based on its past; you won't be disappointed. Some of your your questions might best be answered in person; I suggest hitting up your local leagues, glows, work parties, etc. Networking in person with the player base will help you find out everything you want to know and more about the region's wide variety of DG tourneys.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Just updated PDGA today. Let me know via PM any mistakes I made.

Comment

Stephen Steve Stevens

Just updated PDGA today. Let me know via PM any mistakes I made.
                From the desk of the Department of Redundancy Department, I see you have my first name pluraled as my last name. I've always thought it would be a lot more convenient that way, my last name is actually Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                  From the desk of the Department of Redundancy Department, I see you have my first name pluraled as my last name. I've always thought it would be a lot more convenient that way, my last name is actually Simmons.
                  Sorry Stimpi....I will fix it on the next update (I already fixed it on the paperwork)...what the heck was I thinking....(okay just play it off all cool like)...I did it on purpose to see if anyone was paying attention.

You won...great work

My apologies again Steve Stevens It is fixed and thanks for noticing it.

-sıɹʞ

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                    I've been to a number of these; always a great time. Field will be full or near full, course will be huge, great TD, club, staff, sponsors, fun place to visit, fair payouts, good player packs, and usually much much more.

You have selected a good tournament, at least based on its past; you won't be disappointed. Some of your your questions might best be answered in person; I suggest hitting up your local leagues, glows, work parties, etc. Networking in person with the player base will help you find out everything you want to know and more about the region's wide variety of DG tourneys.
                    Thanks, I have a pretty fair network and inquire quite regularly with my MCDG but I just love to ask dumb questions. I do fairly well for only seeing everyone every weekend and not really having phone numbers etc. I do my best, just looking forward to better weather and more golfers out there....i'm there every weekend for doubles. Thanks again for the tips. Take it easy.
                    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Updated the PDGA once again

If you notice something that is wrong please PM me and I will fix it. If you have registered but do not see your name please get hold of me as well.
                      -Kris

Comment

Just registered!!!!! Can't wait! Thanks for letting us camp in your yard Kris.
                        Kris C.
                        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
                          Just registered!!!!! Can't wait! Thanks for letting us camp in your yard Kris.
                          Kris C.
                          Welcome and I have updated the pdga again to show your registration

Just let me know the head count.

Take Care
                          Kris

Comment

Just signed up. I love sushi! Disc golf is cool too I guess. Will hopefully be bringing some other Snoho county folks as well. The white bloody mary wagon will be there!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                              Just signed up. I love sushi! Disc golf is cool too I guess. Will hopefully be bringing some other Snoho county folks as well. The white bloody mary wagon will be there!
                              Keeping me busy....love it

updated again....

Comment

Welcome and I have updated the pdga again to show your registration

Just let me know the head count.

Take Care
                                Kris
                                So far as I know, just 2, Ben Squires and myself. There may possibly be a third. We plan on coming over Thursday afternoon.
                                Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X