ROC Versus BUZZZ!!! First time event in West Sound! - May 5th N.A.D. Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROC Versus BUZZZ!!! First time event in West Sound! - May 5th N.A.D. Park

That's right... Roc versus Buzzz. West Sound Style.

May 5th, as part of West Sound Disc Golf Association's
    Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend 2012

More info coming on both the Roc v Buzzz, as well as the whole weekend of events.

Consider this the first notice and teaser..

Millenium only?

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post
    That's right... Roc versus Buzzz. West Sound Style.

May 5th, as part of West Sound Disc Golf Association's
    Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend 2012

More info coming on both the Roc v Buzzz, as well as the whole weekend of events.

Consider this the first notice and teaser..

question:
    Is John Houck going to offer the Roc and Buzzz as opposed to what's been offered as of late?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

long live the roc Innova is the best choice

Comment

I would gladly take that challenge...Buzzz for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
          I would gladly take that challenge...Buzzz for the win!
          its on

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            question:
            Is John Houck going to offer the Roc and Buzzz as opposed to what's been offered as of late?
            No, World's Biggest Central operations is doing their usual Millenium thing. Their information is at www.wbdgw.com Disc info for them is not up on the site yet however. [EDIT: Yes, they are offering Rocs! But we're not doin' the ordering']

Our West Sound Disc Golf Association is hosting our weekend in the spirit of Houck's event. We're offering a weekend of fun-filled events on our Kitsap County, WA courses. The Roc vs Buzzz event is part of that weekend line-up.

We are not doing the central Worlds Biggest merchandise for the weekend, although we'll have some great stuff and prizes to offer up including discs. The Buzzz vs Roc isn't merchandise centered either. Buzz/Roc is not to be a "Get stuff" event - rather a.. "show off your roc/buzzz skills" event with a rivalry edge.

Full website for our weekend and the Roc/Buzzz showdown event coming soonly.

ok, start campaigning to give your preferred side the competitive edge!

Team Roc will need some help over here in Kitsap against the Buzzz Hordes! (I'm calling it the Scott Papa effect over here - not that there's anything wrong with that..)

Brian Thornton
            member, West Sound Disc Golf Association
            Organizing host of WSDGA Worlds Biggest Weekend 2012
            Last edited by WestsoundBT; March 20th, 2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

In Roc We Trust..........campaign

Sounds like a blast!
              I've been wanting to do something like this for a while.
              Good job and good luck.
              My feelings are that the Roc is such a bad-ass disc that Discraft had to try and make something similar.
              So, Jim and the boys back east figured they better make one as close to the Roc as they could.
              Rocs are #1!
              Buzzzes are (for lack of better words) bastard copycat discs!
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

whenever i see a "roc vs buzzz" conversation i always cringe slightly. only because technicaly the Wasp is a closer comparison to a Roc as far as disc charicteristics go. i understand the Buzzz is more popular than the Wasp and that is the only reason it gets pitted against the Roc.

i learned with time that i dont really care which disc is better, because neither is better than the other. it all comes down to who is throwing the disc. with that said,

GO DISCRAFT!!!! BUZZZZZZZZZZ(only because wasp is not a choice)
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  (only because wasp is not a choice)
                  My trusty x wasp will be very jealous if I play this. It has been a go to staple for me for years

Comment

wasp = roc

My opinion only.
                    The Wasp is the spitting image of a Roc and they didn't want the controversy, so they made the Buzzz.
                    Roc On!
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Go Banana...I mean Aviar!!! Sounds like a really fun event
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

The only good place to throw a buzz is off a cliff

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                          The only good place to throw a buzz is off a cliff
                          it will still end up in a basket though. thats how good it is!
                          Team HOSER:dancing:
                          Team OLY:cheerleader:
                          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I agree with tyvek.........it should be a wasp vs. Roc showdown. Of course there is the hornet and the drone that would easily compare.

Wish it was more of a innova vs. Discraft vs. Any other mid-range showdown, but that is just my opinion.
                            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                              it will still end up in a basket though. thats how good it is!
                              You do mean the laundry basket right

there is nothing like a old roc,or a new roc, and just about any roc!!!!!!
                              Last edited by Big dawg 99; February 25th, 2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X