ROC Versus BUZZZ!!! First time event in West Sound! - May 5th N.A.D. Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could have made it out for this, but it seems team BUZZZ needed no more help to wrap up the win!!!!! I would call that an a@$ whoopin

Comment

Look at the amount of players per team...... err

Comment

And whose fault is that?
        We tried to make the scoring categories as fair as we could and not dependent on sample size.(but you can only do so much) We have some great takeaways and great ideas for next year already!
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
          Look at the amount of players per team...... err
          That is exactly why it is an a@$ whoopin, almost double the amount of BUZZZ throwers and the averages are still better. Looks like team BUZZZ showed up to play and team roc, well...didn't quite show

Comment

A truly fun event. Thanks to Brian and WSDGA for putting on such a unique gig. I knew the winner was the Buzzz from the moment that more people were throwing it than the Roc. It reminds me of my early snowboarding days when we dreamt of the day that there would be more boarders than skiers on the hill. Who ever thought that the Roc would be replaced as the most popular midrange........

Past that, congrats to Brian for throwing the hot Roc round with a 45 and Ron for killing it with a 44 with the Buzzz. If I could have only putted I woulda been a contenda....maybe next year.

Until then, keep the Big D flying and I hope to wee you at a course sometime soon!

Later,
            Scott Papa
            Team Discraft
            Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Well you know what they say... the first one sets the stage. The second one really gets things going well. And then by third you're adding ewoks and other stuff that starts to spoil the... oh wait - We're still talking Roc v Buzzz.

Most importantly, it was interesting to see many of our local players who played the Roc v Buzzz and found that they threw their Best ever rounds at NAD for this layout. In fact, one of the 46's was by really far a personal best for one of our members.

I quipped after the round that many players likely shot better using one mold (either one) than they would have with their whole bag. I think some might rethink their disc selections for this Saturday's HyzerFarm Open at Dalaiwood (8:45 check in - see Hyzerfarm event thread)

Well, I think we're committed to having a "Revenge of the Roc v Buzzz" sometime next year. It way or may not be part of the Worlds Biggest Weekend, but maybe it will start to be our tradition. (maybe I'll even play Buzzz next year, who knows)

Brian Thornton
              West Sound Disc Golf Association
              Last edited by WestsoundBT; May 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

And I want to thank Enigma Squad, KennyB, and Yardbird for their huge amount of help in bringing Roc V Buzzz to life. EnigmaSquad for being The Voice, and KennyB's super ninja fast spreadsheet worked super ninja effective in quick data entry and results.

We went with a different approach for forming foursomes, and it went so super fast, and got people out on the course soo smoothly, that it'd be tough to beat any other way. I was going to take Roc and Buzzz team photos, but the groups formed and got out so fast I couldn't keep up!
                Last edited by WestsoundBT; May 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

ok, so when is the next one?
                  i have been thinking about doing an informal one of these at shelton springs

Comment

Nothing official, but most likely May 4th, 2013. (worlds biggest weekend)

Comment

• Yes,

"Revenge of Roc vs Buzzz" is expected to take place in the Saturday afternoon time slot
                      May 4th as part of West Sound Disc Golf's version Of Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend. I'll be assembling the structure for the weekend's activities and I intend to have it included there.

I'll start a new Roc V Buzzz event thread about it when the season draws closer.

Comment

• I hope I can make it

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X