ROC Versus BUZZZ!!! First time event in West Sound! - May 5th N.A.D. Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if I was to summarize Scott's principal argument:

(I know, I know...I'm a horrible person for this)

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
      Nope, what I am saying is that NO ONE wants to throw a brand new Roc because it doesn't fly the way they want it to. They have to throw the disc (poorly) so that it hits enough trees to finally start to act like the disc they want it to. Which happens to be how a Buzzz throws right out of the box.

As for the argument from DMajor, he made my point exactly. You don't don't count on a new Roc out of the box because (A) it doesn't fly like your beat in tuned Roc (Buzzz flight) and (B) it is hard to say exactly just how over stable it will be because you just never know from run to run.

You see, it's not that I play with a brand new disc all the time, but it is awesome for a player to buy a disc, know how it is going to throw right out of the box and hold that line of throwing in its lifetime (Thank you Z and ESP plastic). Sure, you can take that DX Roc and beat it into submission so that it now throws properly (like a brand new or used Buzzz) but don't smack another tree with it because then it becomes your turnover Roc and now you have to work on getting another favorite Roc ready for your bag.

So yeah, bring out your 8 different Rocs that all fly differently, I will bring my Buzzz (only one needed) and we can have a little fun. I will say that all kidding aside (which is what this has all been), if you are not a sponsored player, you owe it to yourself to try all discs no matter what brand. Don't be swayed by blind loyalty as you may miss out on a really great disc (I.E. I really think the Northman is an awesome driver that a lot of people would probably love to throw). The last time I went back East, it was amazing how almost everyone's bag was Innova drivers and Discraft mids. So have fun and try 'em all!

See ya' soon!
      Scott "Buzzz lover" Papa
      So what happens to a Buzzz when it gets beat in? If they fly perfect right out of the box don't they get to an unusable state faster? Or are they somehow immune to becoming too flippy? And since when are discs sold in a box?

I know this post seems suspiciously trollish, but honestly that's not how I intended it. I'm not a frequent Buzzz thrower, but I'm open to the idea. On a side note, I love my Discraft Roc,err, Wasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        So what happens to a Buzzz when it gets beat in? If they fly perfect right out of the box don't they get to an unusable state faster? Or are they somehow immune to becoming too flippy? And since when are discs sold in a box?

I know this post seems suspiciously trollish, but honestly that's not how I intended it. I'm not a frequent Buzzz thrower, but I'm open to the idea. On a side note, I love my Discraft Roc,err, Wasp.
        I have a sparkle cryztal Buzzz that I have been throwing for about four years now. it was in my bag for three solid years, but now only goes in my bag for competition rounds. It flies so close to the same as when it was brand new that I am amazed at how long it has lasted. I used to throw Roc's but I hated when I hit that last object (which happened to be chains on my last Roc) that turned it from the best thing ever to flippy.

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
          I have a sparkle cryztal Buzzz that I have been throwing for about four years now. it was in my bag for three solid years, but now only goes in my bag for competition rounds. It flies so close to the same as when it was brand new that I am amazed at how long it has lasted. I used to throw Roc's but I hated when I hit that last object (which happened to be chains on my last Roc) that turned it from the best thing ever to flippy.
          So why would anyone ever need to buy more than one Buzzz?

Comment

one roc 12 years still in bag
            one roc 8 years still in bag
            two rocs 6 years in the bag
            one two months in the bag

I still know what I like. to each there own. This will be settled at N.A.D.

A roc will last forever but a buzzz will only last a couple hours.

I will also play with just one roc

Roc on

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
              I think the "Roc VS Buzzz" is a very fun idea. I only wish it had been more of a "one disc" competition to truly show that the Buzzz is the disc over the Roc. Roc players would never be able to even compete in the event if each entrant had to come to the event with a brand new Roc or Buzzz of their choice. Why? Because (a) no one really knows what each new Roc will throw like and (b) the players that do throw Rocs usually say that their favorite "tuned" Roc is one that is seasoned, beat in and flies straighter rather than overstable....like a brand new Buzzz out of the box.

Game on...the times have changed....the most popular midrange disc is now the Buzzz....and there is more than one reason for it.

So if you want to slap me down, I'll bring a brand new Z Buzzz and you can grab a brand new Champion Roc at a local shop and we...oh wait...that's right, you can't even get the supposed greatest disc ever in champion plastic unless you want to spend a mint. You know what, just grab a Buzz and let's go have some fun.

Later!!!!!
              Papa
              dx or dx glow ontario rocs fly like a seasoned roc right off the shelf!!!!

Comment

My primary Buzzz is Z plastic and has a sweet dye on it. I've been throwing it for both casual rounds and tournament rounds since 2008. I play, almost exclusively, heavily wooded courses (come play NAD for this event, if you want to know what I mean) and it continues to have the same flight as when I bought it and new ones out of the box.

So why would anyone ever need to buy more than one Buzzz?
                I know it flies the same as new ones out of the box because I continue to acquire new ones when I find ones with sweet stamps or with nice colors. I like to take a nice stack of 4-6 buzzzes out to the field for warm-up or practice.

Oh, and I had a nice pink one I felt inspired to use at the BSF on the East course, hole 9, for my second shot. I sank it for the eagle (yes, during the official round) and had to retire that disc to the wall!! Another good reason to go buy another sweet buzzz.

Comment

Listen here are you still tring to get over that nasty buzzz. Are the side effect leaving you confused and disastrous. If you act now you too can be the proud owner of a new roc. No more feeling tired of lost strokes or unfavorable lies. You to can be that disc golfer that eveybody is talking about. Ack now before you lose all self-esteem. Your just one roc away from a healthy and productive disc golf adventure. Wake up and smell the birdies.

Comment

the Roc is the Main reason that i left Innova and have a healthy disgust rate with innova and its founder.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                      the Roc is the Main reason that i left Innova and have a healthy disgust rate with innova and its founder.
                      How did you "leave" Innova, and who is the founder?

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                        Listen here are you still tring to get over that nasty buzzz. Are the side effect leaving you confused and disastrous. If you act now you too can be the proud owner of a new roc. No more feeling tired of lost strokes or unfavorable lies. You to can be that disc golfer that eveybody is talking about. Ack now before you lose all self-esteem. Your just one roc away from a healthy and productive disc golf adventure. Wake up and smell the birdies.
                        Yes, a roc is exactly what I need to get over my Buzzz But lets discuss what we all can do with a roc and a Buzzz:

roc:
                        Paper weight
                        have too many in my bag while swimming and drown
                        throw off a cliff while Buzzz-ed and laugh
                        skip across water while Buzzz-ed and laugh
                        Wonder how there are so many rocs to choose from and laugh while Buzzz-ed
                        Figure out that throwing a roc is pointless without a buzzz...

Buzzz:
                        have fun while playing disc golf
                        do I need more reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          How did you "leave" Innova, and who is the founder?
                          i left innova by throwing discraft discs and other companies. and the founder is dave dunipace.
                          Team HOSER:dancing:
                          Team OLY:cheerleader:
                          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                            Yes, a roc is exactly what I need to get over my Buzzz But lets discuss what we all can do with a roc and a Buzzz:

roc:
                            Paper weight
                            have too many in my bag while swimming and drown
                            throw off a cliff while Buzzz-ed and laugh
                            skip across water while Buzzz-ed and laugh
                            Wonder how there are so many rocs to choose from and laugh while Buzzz-ed
                            Figure out that throwing a roc is pointless without a buzzz...

Buzzz:
                            have fun while playing disc golf
                            do I need more reasons?
                            Sounds like you need an intervention? you could call docter drew,
                            He seems to help the hard cases. Just tring to help a brother out.

Buzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                              Sounds like you need an intervention? you could call docter drew,
                              He seems to help the hard cases. Just tring to help a brother out.

Buzzz
                              mike you need spell check
                              We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                                mike you need spell check
                                What about capitilization and punctuation?
                                Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X