Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Spring Classic - I didn't see one listed on the flyer.
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
      According to the calendar, Isn't the Spring Classic suppose to be on the 2nd and 3rd of May?
      This was the original date. I have asked for verification that the Spring Classic is in fact going to be on the 9th and 10th of May. In the meantime I have updated the calendar dates to reflect this change.

Comment

Originally posted by douglaselvis View Post
        Is there going to be a Jrs. division?
        I will ask about this. Historically this division has been offered. Sometimes with four or more players. Sometimes with as few as wish to play. I would hazards a guess that the registration fee will be the same as the AM2 intermediate fee.

Comment

I guess that means that WDDGA (Washington Deaf Disc Golf Association) will have to play else where on the 9th. OH well... If the Spring Classic had been on the 2nd and 3rd, I would signed up and play..
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

I hate this to be my first post but, WTF?!?

Mother's Day weekend? Really? Initially the tourney was for the 2nd and 3rd, which I was able to swing, but now this is a no go for me. What a bummer.

There are going to be a lot of P-O'd moms out there.

Comment

On the other side of the coin, May 2&3 is the worlds biggest disc golf weekend. So its a toss up. Either date has its pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by KG_MCDGC View Post
                I hate this to be my first post but, WTF?!?

Mother's Day weekend? Really? Initially the tourney was for the 2nd and 3rd, which I was able to swing, but now this is a no go for me. What a bummer.

There are going to be a lot of P-O'd moms out there.

Mothers Day is BAD for a tourney weekend

Always has been...But then again..IF you want a limited field...Its a GREAT weekend.

Comment

Ouch.. there will be a tumult of the dgers who rather play on the 2nd and 3rd of May.... and from the Mothers' who want the 10th off!

Comment

mothers day???!! this is a disc golf tournament!!! no compitetion!!! besides, you have all sunday evening to do something nice for good OL' mom.

i like it because i might actually get to play now that its not on the 2nd and 3rd!!! you can blend the best of both worlds and just invite your mom to come and watch you play! then when you win, you just say "This one is for my mom"

GO DISCRAFT, OR GO HOME!
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

The only complaint i have about this event is that they are playing two rouonds of 27 holes instead of 3 rounds of 18. i just got done playing 2 rounds of 29 holes at walla walla, and it was cool to play 29 holes, but i would much much much MUCH rather play 2 rounds of 18 holes in a day than the 29.

steilicoom has enough room to have two courses going at the same time just like they did last year, so why do they want to shove 5 people to a group and limit it to 27 holes per day?????

there, thats my complaint.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

The date is correct. The Ft. Steilacoom Spring Classic will be held on the weekend of May 9-10.

A Jrs division will be available if there are a minimum number of registrants, otherwise they will be part of the AM2 field. The registration fee for the Jrs division is the same as the AM2 entry fee.

This will be the last tournament in which Ray Antoon will be the tournament director.

Comment

Well.. WDDGA (Washington Deaf Disc Golf Association) has changed their event to the 2nd of May in retrospect to the Fort Steilacoom Spring Classic on the 9-10th of May. So, that means I get to play both! :-D I can't wait!!!!! (Oh, my registration will be in the mail tomorrow! Or through Paypal if possible on Wednesday...)

As for Ray -- I am sorry to hear that this is his last tournament.. he'll be missed, but hopefully he'll hang around enough to teach us somethings about holding tournaments.
                          Last edited by Mystjava; March 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Sorry to those who cant make it because of the holiday. I was trying to stay off the holidays this year but it didnt work out. But do not worry, there has been a series event on third wknd of may (mom's day wknd)for 8 years and it always fills. I ran Riverside ran 10 years in a row on fathers day and it always filled. Spring classic was on easter (twice in 7 years) a couple years ago and it had 153 players. Dont let the holiday scare you off. Play or dont play. Just dont complain and make it sound like the event wont fill. Because it will.

Re: online reg. will open on monday through pdga.com instead of titledisc.

40 reg'd so far. once online reg opens I expect it to fill within 2 weeks. maybe sooner.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X