Clear All

• The Showdown II, Shelton, WA, July 21-22-2012

MCDG and Olympic Disc is proud to present:

THE SHOWDOWN II

* July 21st - 22nd, 2012

* Shelton Springs DGC, Shelton, WA

* PDGA sanctioned B-tier, Pro/AM event

* Field limited to 72

Last years Open Champion was quoted as saying "you guys gave me too much money to play golf"! We already have a $1000 cash sponsor and we're looking to blow it up this year!

Online registration will be through nwsignups.com look for posts on this forum as to the date regs. will open.

Info will be posted as it it finalized. Questions to chrisgilberts@msn.com or morganrothrock@gmail.com
    Last edited by olydiscgolf; May 8th, 2012, 04:35 PM. Reason: Moderator request for date in title.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Definitely a must play. After last year, it will be hard to beat the experience, however, we have the right people in charge to put it over the top.. I will be counting down the days.. To quote last year, "It only keeps getting better!"
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

I'll post it on forums and I'm sure Whidbey's Disc Addiction will be there!
      www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

You can count on a large group of players from the West Sound.

Looking forward to playing a sanctioned Event at Shelton Springs.

Comment

Sweeeett!!

Comment

damn damn damn! morgan... you promised y'all wouldn't conflict with worlds again this year... what the heck, homey?

... i know it's not all about me, but come on... can't everyone just work around my schedule anyway?
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              damn damn damn! morgan... you promised y'all wouldn't conflict with worlds again this year... what the heck, homey?

... i know it's not all about me, but come on... can't everyone just work around my schedule anyway?
              No kidding. What a total bummer. I've been wanting to play Shelton in a sanctioned event since my first (and only) trip up there!
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Emma, the following weekend is the Aquafest Open in Lake Stevens. It's non sanctioned, but I think Cajun will give you an appearance fee of at least 2 bottles of fine Walla Walla red wine.

p.s. Shelton Springs and Mason County Disc Golf rocks! I am IN!
                Last edited by LakeStevensBA; January 5th, 2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  Emma, the following weekend is the Aquafest Open in Lake Stevens. It's non sanctioned, but I think Cajun will give you an appearance fee of at least 2 bottles of fine Walla Walla red wine.

p.s. LAKE STEVENS rocks!!
                  & some sweet argyles & Burberry too

Comment

We have a hard enough time working around our own schedules! I hope you make the right decision and we see you in July!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                      We have a hard enough time working around our own schedules! I hope you make the right decision and we see you in July!
                      The right decision? A B-Tier at a great course in Washington... or a combined Pro/Am PDGA World Championships with over 800 players. Hmmm... Well, hopefully you guys run another event there this year, because this schedule conflict is a damned shame.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                        ... Well, hopefully you guys run another event there this year...
                        The series hopes so as well.

We are looking for interested parties to TD series events at Shelton Springs, in Spokane, Seattle and On the Peninsula. Assistants in The Tri Cities and Walla Walla

To apply you must
                        1. Be a member in good standing within each respective club
                        2. Agree to follow all their guidelines and fee schedules
                        3. Agree to follow all series guidelines and fee schedules
                        4. Complete the TD Training
                        and the series will help with all the rest.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          hey now, this isn't about right & wrong, this is about me...

seriously, tho, given the opportunity to make it to another worlds i am sure you can understand my decision to make that happen. shelton is a very special place for me and was before y'all built a stellar disc golf course up there... some day the stars will align and i'll make it to an event...

p.s. cajun, lakestevens... thanks for the invites and enticing bribes... i am running low on argyles...
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

p.s. cajun, lakestevens... thanks for the invites and enticing bribes... i am running low on argyles...
                            They're not bribes silly ...its an appearance fee...for a true athlete & well spoken advocate for all things frisbee ...

Hmmm...will have to think of a way to up the offer....

Comment

If you liked the camping for the Showdown last year, your going to LOVE it this year!

We have reserved the group camp at Simpson Employee Rec Area on Mason Lake! Picture a private campground on Mason Lake with all of the amenities you can imagine! Hot showers, clean bathrooms, a huge covered shelter with power, water, charcoal grill, a huge fire pit, private boat launch, and all sites have electrical and water hook ups! All this and its only 10 mins from the course!

Camping will be available from Thursday the 19th of July, to Monday the 23rd.
                              Special thanks to Rex, for setting this up!
                              Last edited by olydiscgolf; February 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X