Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!!!! What an awesome weekend. My gut hurts from all the laughing we did. Oh and from gorging myself on the endless supply of killer grub. That mac and cheese was TOP notch. Best ive ever had from a white man. B.A. even said it went down real nice with all the CROW he was eating. Next year I will supply B.A. with the custom tee shirt. Frisbee Golfer?!
    Gilby, you and your crew are top notch.You guys did it all. I hope you guys continue to do this kind of stuff for years to come. MCDG, great group of guys, be proud of yourselves on a job well done.

Comment

• I AM TRYING TO THINK OF A BETTER DISC GOLF WEEKEND AND I CAN NOT. THE COURSE ITSELF IS AMAZING WITH BOTH FUN AND TOUGH FAIRWAYS THAT CHALLENGE YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. THE TEEPADS AND TEE SIGNS ARE ABSOLUTELY SECOND TO NONE!!!

I SAID IT BEFORE....I AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE MASON COUNTY DISC GOLF CLUB EQUALLY TO THAT OF PIERCE COUNTY WHICH HAS BEEN MY HOME FOR 18 YEARS OF DISC GOLF.

$500 FOR FIRST PLACE MASTERS IS MY BIGGEST PAYOUT YET AND THE ACE ON HOLE 13 RED HELPS A LITTLE TO. EVERYTHING WAS GOING TO SO WELL I WAS WONDERING IF I ACCIDENTLY SOLD MY SOUL TO YOU KNOW WHO.

GOT TO GIVE IT UP TO LONNIE AND THE AMAZING SETUP HE HAD IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK FOR SCRIPT..........I JUST WANTED TO MOVE IN THERE WAS SO MUCH PLASTIC.............

DEFINTELY BE THERE NEXT YEAR!!!
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

• I must concur.

I don't usually chime in, after an event, because I usually have a great time at all of them, but... the consensus is... this was an extraordinary event in all ways, and I agree completely. Run on time, like a Swiss train, great eats and drink, and courses, and the whole scene itself.
        It was worth the trip from Spotucky, and I suspect you'll see more Eastsiders next year, when they hear about how fine this year was.
        Stimpi

Comment

• i second that emotion.

wow. wow wow wow.

you want to be treated like a princess? come to the showdown.

i'll have my blog up in a couple of days and will post a link here and then you will know how i really feel... my only regret is that at the awards ceremony i talked too much and too loudly to actually hear my theme music playing...

i love MCDG.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            my only regret is that at the awards ceremony i talked too much and too loudly to actually hear my theme music playing..
            It sounds like you "Gilby'ed" it.....

Hey Mason County, you guys put on a great tourney on an awesome course. Sweet player's pack, incredible salmon lunch, and a party I have a hard time remembering. Campground was so fun I ended up spending Sunday night there too (despite camping between Todd Bates and Gawain).

Shelton Rocks! See you next year!

Brian Anderson
            Frisbee Golf Participant
            Last edited by LakeStevensBA; July 24th, 2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• First off, thank you everybody for the sentiment. It sounds like everybody had a good time at the Showdown!

I have to give a BIG THANK YOU to everybody that helped out this year, especially Co TD Morgan, he really is the man behind the scenes that makes it all happen, Bake Baker, the most dedicated person I have ever met, and Chris Auseth, the guy with the resources. These guys are extremely dedicated to Mason County Disc Golf and if it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be an amazing course there, let alone a tourney.

A BIG THANK YOU to all of the volunteers that spent a LOT of time on getting the course ready and a lot that came the day of to help spot, cook, take pictures, and set up/ break down TC.

A BIG THANK YOU to Rex and Perissa Grey for the camping setup and the players party on Saturday night. Terry Surratt for cooking up all that salmon that Ray and Jay Rothrock donated.

And one more BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors and the City of Shelton, WA. They gave of their resources and bank accounts to help make this a success.

We have completed the TD report and it should be part of the next update.
              Here are the results and payouts http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/79229

See ya next year at The Showdown!

PS We will be starting another thread for the Showdown III real soon, so keep your eyes peeled!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• and now for how i really feel...

... check out my blog:

http://nextadventure.net/community/b...crew-good-time
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  Nicely done...
                  I am slightly jealous....my breakfasts were not nearly that good.
                  Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                  Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

• UNDERDOG

I'm posting here in the hopes that the person that gave me a disc to put UNDERDOG on will see it and contact me!!

There's no name or number on the disc.

If this is your disc PLEASE contact me!

Thank You!
                    www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

• Originally posted by Danni View Post
                      I'm posting here in the hopes that the person that gave me a disc to put UNDERDOG on will see it and contact me!!

There's no name or number on the disc.

If this is your disc PLEASE contact me!

Thank You!
                      THAT WOULD BE ME . SORRY I COULD NOT MAKE IT TO LAKE STEVENS
                      MY PH # 253 261 7238 MICHAEL WERTH.
                      I WILL BE AT THE TAIL OF TWO RIVERS.
                      THANK YOU BIG DAWG 10159

Comment

• Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                        THAT WOULD BE ME . SORRY I COULD NOT MAKE IT TO LAKE STEVENS
                        MY PH # 253 261 7238 MICHAEL WERTH.
                        I WILL BE AT THE TAIL OF TWO RIVERS.
                        THANK YOU BIG DAWG 10159

SHEWWW, okay great, I will bring the disc to 2 rivers

I knew if I kept posting messages around in different spots you'd see one of them!!

You can see the disc at www.DiscAddiction.com I posted a photo, it came out GREAT!
                        www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

• Originally posted by Danni View Post
                          SHEWWW, okay great, I will bring the disc to 2 rivers

I knew if I kept posting messages around in different spots you'd see one of them!!

You can see the disc at www.DiscAddiction.com I posted a photo, it came out GREAT!
                          IT LOOKS FANTASTIC. YOU DID A GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT DYE JOB.

YOU MADE ME A VERY HAPPY DAWG.. THANKS BIG DAWG 10159

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X