X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Washington State Disc Golf Schedule

This calendar shows all PDGA events for Washington State that have been approved by the state coordinator. It also shows many non-sanctioned events.

Calendar

If you have any scheduling questions or if you have an event you would like to see on this calendar - please contact Mike Rideout at:

mikerideout@challengediscgolf.com

Last edited by Rideout; December 7th, 2012, 05:35 AM.
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Mike,

Keep up the great work as the state coordinator......

Looks like the calendar is starting to fill up and there are still lots of other established events that are not scheduled yet.

Hope they can find a weekend that works for them.

Looks like the tournament players will have to make some tough decisions to which events to attend.

Comment

This schedule is awesome. Thanks for posting it. Now, if only the OR folk had a calendar as well so that I can start to coordinate which weekends I will be driving down to play PDX area tourneys!!

Comment

Wow no dates for a Downriver open yet...that's not a good sign.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

The state series is working on a bunch of events to be listed soon.
          rewindb.com

Comment

Is there going to be a CSI this year?
            www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
              Is there going to be a CSI this year?
              Here is Jub's rant on CSI

"I was quite surprised when I saw so many Bangerz events on the
              schedule. Nearly one a month. The CSO is a blatant ripoff of CSI. They
              have concerns but not enough to change the letters. I had not decided
              to pursue this till I saw how monopolized both weekends and volume at
              the two venues were.
              I propose we as a group (president is already set) to Hold two one day
              WA state series at SeaTac Sat March 24th, July 21st Let them get the
              course ready for us.
              I further propose that If we hold a SeaTac event and the club fights
              us, It's my opinion we don't pay them any club fees.
              We will also be adding a Trojan event the weekend of June 9-10 "

Nice huh?

http://groups.google.com/group/wss-p...349d2c239fa427
              www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

I'm not sure how the series schedule will pan out but there should be a series event in Seattle. I also think that there should be a CSI. There are plenty of spots open to make this happen. What's up? Bury the dramma and play golf.
                www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Danni View Post
                  Here is Jub's rant on CSI

"I was quite surprised when I saw so many Bangerz events on the
                  schedule. Nearly one a month. The CSO is a blatant ripoff of CSI. They
                  have concerns but not enough to change the letters. I had not decided
                  to pursue this till I saw how monopolized both weekends and volume at
                  the two venues were.
                  I propose we as a group (president is already set) to Hold two one day
                  WA state series at SeaTac Sat March 24th, July 21st Let them get the
                  course ready for us.
                  I further propose that If we hold a SeaTac event and the club fights
                  us, It's my opinion we don't pay them any club fees.
                  We will also be adding a Trojan event the weekend of June 9-10 "

Nice huh?

http://groups.google.com/group/wss-p...349d2c239fa427

For the record If I had held the 7th CSI in March (10th year of holding a late winter event) I would not have included it in the series because of the controversy over the Open weekend last year. Unfortunately the powers that be have circumvented you the players right to show your disgust or support of how I run my events.

But the question posed is

Why are there no Series events in Seattle proper?

Thanks Danni. (Here just like in the group) your opinion is consistent. I have made a ton of proposals to the group on many different subjects. Some have met with strong support others with strong resistence and a few have even been to wait and see.

I have found as the coordinator I have had to taylor my personal agenda for what will hopefully be better for the whole community. You on the other hand have been a one trick pony! Next thing you know I will be against forcing TD's to offer Jr's at all series events.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                    For the record If I had held the 7th CSI in March (10th year of holding a late winter event) I would not have included it in the series because of the controversy over the Open weekend last year. Unfortunately the powers that be have circumvented you the players right to show your disgust or support of how I run my events.

But the question posed is

Why are there no Series events in Seattle proper?

Thanks Danni. (Here just like in the group) your opinion is consistent. I have made a ton of proposals to the group on many different subjects. Some have met with strong support others with strong resistence and a few have even been to wait and see.

I have found as the coordinator I have had to taylor my personal agenda for what will hopefully be better for the whole community. You on the other hand have been a one trick pony! Next thing you know I will be against forcing TD's to offer Jr's at all series events.

Actual Jub I didn't offer up any comments or opinions, I just posted a direct quote (link included so others had it in full context)

Someone asked about CSI, I posted a reply from someone with direct knowledge about CSI, you.

If you feel it's in the best interest of the WSS 2012 to exclude a division (juniors), then that's on you.
                    Last edited by Danni; December 30th, 2011, 08:05 AM.
                    www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Originally posted by Danni View Post
                      If you feel it's in the best interest of the WSS 2012 to exclude a division (juniors), then that's on you.
                      We did not exclude anyone. We adopted a 4 player minimum but ultimately left it up to the actual TD concerning how each would run their own event.
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Bump.......

There are still plenty of other PDGA and non-sanctioned events that have not set dates yet. TD's better hurry up and set a date before all the weekends are gone.

There distance requirements that need to be meet for PDGA sanctioned events.

Comment

I don't understand why this thread got so negative. It is discouraging to pop in all excited to see what events are happening and then to have that excitement crushed by whatever has everybody so heated.

More love! I am excited at all of the tournaments popping up. I don't really care where they are and I thank everybody involved in making them happen.
                          Last edited by Tanya Spence; January 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

It doesn't make any sense to not have an event at Sea Tac. If there is a 1 or $2 a head fee that should be fine. It's a lot of work to keep that place up. If Jub doesn't run it that's even better.. Unless he pays a $500.00 title sponsor fee.
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              It doesn't make any sense to not have an event at Sea Tac. If there is a 1 or $2 a head fee that should be fine. It's a lot of work to keep that place up. If Jub doesn't run it that's even better.. Unless he pays a $500.00 title sponsor fee.
                              Jeremy you love to poke the bear don't you
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X