Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 WSS question #3

This is a current group discussion

Would it be confusing if a series event called "state championships" that was not the series final?
    Yes
    70.59%
    No
    29.41%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by LJ Jubner; December 13th, 2011, 06:35 AM. Reason: cut off end of poll question
    rewindb.com

What if it was called the "37th Annual Washington State Disc Golf Championships"?

What if Spartacus had a Piper Cub?

Comment

MASON COUNTY HAD THIER CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SERIES AND IT WAS PERFECTLY FINE. THE ONLY CAVEAT WAS THAT THE PLAYERS HAD TO ATTEND THE CHAMPIONSHIPS TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE SERIES. IT ULTIMATELY WORKED TO MY ADVANTAGE...........

NOT HAVING THE ANNUAL WASHINGTON STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS AS THE SERIES FINAL IS NO BIG DEAL. PLAYERS WILL ATTEND AND PLAY TO BE THE WASHINGTON STATE CHAMPION IN THIER RESPECTIVE DIVSIONS. THEN PLAYERS WILL ATTEND EVENTS AND PLAY TO WIN THE WASHINGTON STATE SERIES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE DIVSIONS AS WELL. ITS LIKE A GOAL WITHIN A GOAL.

WASHINGTON STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS IS GETTING BIGGER AND COULD BE HUGE.........I DONT THINK WE NEED TO MAKE IT BIGGER. IT MIGHT MAKE ALL THE OTHER EVENTS IN THE SERIES SEEM UNIMPORTANT. LET ANOTHER EVENT BE THE SERIES FINALE.........SHARE THE GLORY.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I was actually thinking a little closer to the
        37th Annual Doug Newland WA States
        or
        37th Annual Doug Newland Championship
        rewindb.com

Comment

I think last year it was:

36th annual washington state disc golf championships - 2011 doug newland memorial - world's oldest disc golf tournament.

The year before it was:

35th annual doug newland memorial washington state disc golf championships. 2010. World's oldest disc golf tournament.

Thats the way is was stamped on the discs and i think we should keep it somewhat the same.........i kinda liked last years a little better.

I dont thnk we should start messing around with the name too much and take a chance on ending the streak....not a good idea.
          WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I am fine with the worlds oldest is a concept at best because though most of it's existence the Newland was unsanctioned. Maybe a local record but not nationally and certainly not sanctioned

Currently 2-1 would find it confusing.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X