Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i mean... the scores are there... just not the ratings... youknowwhatimean....

Comment

Originally posted by jWest View Post
      hey rideout... Might just be me, but it looks like the intermediate scores didn't get uploaded?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there weren’t enough rated intermediate players, or “propagators”, to qualify their rounds to be rated.

We had four courses out there:
      Pro NW
      Am NW
      Pro SE
      Am SE

The intermediate players were in the same pool as all the pro players. While all the pro players were playing the Pro NW & Pro SE, the intermediates were playing the Am NW & Am SE at the same time as the pros. Therefore, there were only the four rated intermediate players on the course each round. They needed five to develop ratings for the rounds.

PDGA Website
      FAQ
      Ratings
      How are ratings for an event calculated?

“The scores thrown by propagators each round are used to calculate the SSA rating for a specific course layout. A propagator is a current member whose rating is over 799 and is based on at least 8 rounds. As long as there are 5 propagators playing a course layout, ratings can be calculated…”

I had the intermediate players in the same pool as the pros for speed-of-play purposes. The numbers being evened out between the courses was best fit this way. If I would have noticed there were only four rated intermediate players – I probably would have made an adjustment to help ensure everyone could get rated rounds.

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

How come intermediate players did not receive round ratings from this tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by peterjov View Post
          How come intermediate players did not receive round ratings from this tournament?
          Try reading the post directly above yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Try reading the post directly above yours.
            See! Who said NWDGN Mods are not helpful!

FYI: Scott, I'm pretty sure that sarcasm ratio was greater than 90%
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              See! Who said NWDGN Mods are not helpful!

FYI: Scott, I'm pretty sure that sarcasm ratio was greater than 90%
              It's OK. I'm not a mod. I can be as sarcastic as I please.

And I please to be pretty damn sarcastic, thank you very much.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X