X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support!!! the Washington State Series

I know there are mixed feelings about supporting the 2012 Washington State Series and I say, So Be It!!!

Players had problems with the way Ray Antoon organized and ran the series as an independent coordinator. Ray did a lot more good than bad and it was Rayís efforts that kept the series alive until he became injured, burnt-out, & too tired to keep running the series. Rayís abrupt departure from the series is what led to the new committee style format of the WSS planning we are seeing now, and should hopefully let the series continue running smoothly if the coordinator needs to step down in the middle of a season.

Players had problems with Paul Wright as he picked up the pieces during the year Ray stepped down. Paul gathered as much money as possible from series events, built a beautiful series trophy, and managed to order qualifier shirts for the players in 2009 Ė yet he was still given a hard time for trying to salvage a sinking ship.

I paid my dues for two years trying to help improve the series. I gave a lot of time and effort to the series, and, of course, I was also given a hard time. Hopefully I did more good than bad. My primary goals were to help establish a state-wide network of communication for series planning, a foundation for the continued growth of the WSS, and to help make it expected that the WSS books will be kept in good order. I lived, I learned, I passed the torch to Jub.

Iím pleasantly surprised to see how well this new group is getting started. Most players know that Jub & I arenít the best of friends, but that, in no way, should imply that I want the series to fail. I fully support Jub & the series and personally look forward to watching the WSS continue to progress.

There is a learning process that needs to take place when trying to manage a series. Letís give these people on the 2012 committee and Jub, the 2012 coordinator, time to learn, adapt, & overcome any and all tasks that come their way.

I personally look forward to seeing where the series goes from here and I look forward to actually competing in it.

Mike Rideout
    WSS Coordinator 2010 & 2011

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Thanks Mike
    Yes I am the coordinator for 2012 but it's really the other 14 people who have graciously donated their time and efforts hopefully for the enjoyment of all.

The group is getting ready to make some sausage. here is the link

http://groups.google.com/group/wss-planning-?hl=en
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      Thanks Mike
      Yes I am the coordinator for 2012 but it's really the other 14 people who have graciously donated their time and efforts hopefully for the enjoyment of all.

The group is getting ready to make some sausage. here is the link

http://groups.google.com/group/wss-planning-?hl=en
      Screw you jub, i want bacon.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Chef jub's sausage recipe

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
        Screw you jub, i want bacon.
        Well the snouts and tails are in but we are still waiting on the Oinks
        rewindb.com

Comment