X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Steily with Chili, Dec 3 & 4, 2011

Hey Hey Hey, it's that time of year again.

All registration and tourney details for the Chilly Smack Challenge & Phantom Dubs can be found at Northwest Sign-Up.

Please post any questions or comments here. Or you can shoot me an email or PM.

Last edited by Rideout; October 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM.
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Mike, could you please remind me how Phantom Dubs is set up?
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

No problem, Toby

Round 1

Phantom in the Dark

Each player will shoot the round as an individual (team mates will be in separate groups). Both scores are added together at the end of the round - this sum is the team score.

Round 2

Best Drive / Alternate Shot

Both players drive on every hole. After both players drive, the team picks their best lie from the two shots. Now the rest of the hole is alternate-shot. Meaning, if the team chooses Player As drive, Player B must shoot from Player As lie. Then Player A must shoot from Player Bs lie. Continue this pattern until the hole is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
        Hey Hey Hey, it's that time of year again.

All registration and tourney details for the Chilly Smack Challenge & Phantom Dubs can be found at Northwest Sign-Up.

Please post any questions or comments here. Or you can shoot me an email or PM.

Yeah! Time for some chili!! Are you going to order up 20 degree weather too?

Comment

chilly smack

Are you playing both 18s for the chilly smack or will it be some sort of a combination?
          Thanks,
          Josh

Comment

Oh Yeah, ordering up some 20 degree weather, possibly accompanied with 20 mph gusts - button up!!

The Chilly Smacker will have all players hitting each course once (Northwest & Southeast). Both courses will pretty much be in their standard layouts.

Phantom Dubs will have all players on one course twice (special layout).

I'd like to thank Chuck Morgan, a local builder, for sponsoring three tee signs.

Mike

Comment

It's UMBRELLA Time!!!!

I've been pushing for this but I was coming up just a little bit short on funds for making it happen, until Chainbanger'z filled that gap.

Being a little short on the funds meant there would be no tournament stamp on the umbrella, until Turis Corning from Corningwear filled that gap.

That's Right, All amateur players (intermediate & advanced) will be receiving a Chainbanger'z umbrella with a tournament stamp in their player's pack.

Thank you Chainbanger'z & Corningwear for working with me and making these awesome umbrellas come together for the Chilly Smack Challenge.

Mike

Comment

Might be a good idea to order a couple extra for non advanced/intermediate players... count me in for one

Comment

Second that..........do you have a pic yet. These could be a hot item.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Sweet, I'll see what I can do about ordering extra umbrellas.

I am working on getting a pic - hopefully soon!!

Mike

Comment

mixed phantom dubs

will you have a mixed division for ams or pros?
                      josh

Comment

Originally posted by couve discer View Post
                        will you have a mixed division for ams or pros?
                        josh

I am willing to create a mixed division in either pro or am (or both) if there are at least three teams willing to compete in the division.

I like the idea of mixed divisions, but there just isn't very much demand for them, although, I've noticed this is slowly starting to change as more & more couples are out there playing.

I would like to thank Nancy, Ginger, & Jack Lorber for sponsoring a tee sign and kicking down a donation to the EDGE program.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

Signed Up! (for saturday)
                          Woot! Brrrrr....

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                            I am willing to create a mixed division in either pro or am (or both) if there are at least three teams willing to compete in the division.

I like the idea of mixed divisions, but there just isn't very much demand for them, although, I've noticed this is slowly starting to change as more & more couples are out there playing.

I would like to thank Nancy, Ginger, & Jack Lorber for sponsoring a tee sign and kicking down a donation to the EDGE program.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Team Blaze n' Crunch for mixed amateur!!

Comment

Alright, Blaze n' Crunch - hopefully we get some more mixed takers.

Huge Shout-Out to Keen. Through the EDGE program & from another donation earlier in the year, I'm so very happy to announce that every division (with at least three players) will have a ctp involving a Keen gift certificate. Players in divisions with less than three players will still have an opportunity to win a Keen gift certificate.

I have one Keen gift certificate for one free pair of shoes.

I have one Keen gift certificate for 50% an entire order.

The rest will be Keen gift certificates for 50% off with a maximum value of, at least, $50. So if you want to buy something from Keen costing $100 - it will only cost you $50 cash, but if you want to buy something costing $150 - it will cost you $100 cash.

Please be advised that all these gift certificates will expire at the end of the year, so all orders must be placed during the month of December, 2011.

To all the Amateur Players (intermediate & advanced) and Pros interested in purchasing -
                              I will be placing my order for the umbrellas very soon. The quantity of this order will be based on the number of players I have signed up on Nov 14th. I will only be ordering a small handful of extra umbrellas, so get signed up early or you may not get one of these sweet player packs. You will still get a player pack, just not an umbrella.

I should have maps available by the end of next week.

Now, its time to get ready for the Lahar Benefit Open.

Keen

Chainbanger'z.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X