The Lahar Benefit Open C-Tier Charity Event @ Riverside 11/12/11 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lahar Benefit Open C-Tier Charity Event @ Riverside 11/12/11

The Lahar Benefit Open

I am very excited to announce that a one-day C-tier event falling under the PDGA’s charity endowment program will be coming to the Riverside Disc Golf course in Sumner, Washington. It is my goal to raise $5,000 for the YMCA’s Friends and Servants Program. For the last year and a half, the Friends and Servants Program has been partnering with the Pierce County Disc Golfers Players Association to help with course maintenance. Friends and Servants is a non-profit organization that works with at-risk youth to help them disconnect from the court system by providing them with an outlet to work off their court ordered community service hours under guidance of a positive adult mentor.
    Friends and Servants has graciously donated countless staff and volunteer hours, as well the equipment and operating cost to the course and the disc golf community. I feel that “The Lahar Benefit Open” provides an opportunity for the disc golf community to say thank you as well as give back to their community. With that in mind, if you have any leads or ideas of potential sponsors for the event, please contact me.
    To help reach the goal of $5,000, I am trying to keep tournament costs to a minimum. I am also going to experiment with the payout structure. It is my intent NOT to pay out in cash or scrip to division leaders, but in donated prizes of equal or greater market value. Please stay tuned as I will be keeping both this thread as well as the Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association updated with newly acquired prize swag.

On-line registration for the event will available through NW Sign Ups. Please use the following link to sign up:

http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...products_id=42

Pro Men & Pro Masters- $50
    Pro Women- $40

All Advanced Divisions Male & Female- $40

All Intermediate Divisions Male & Female- $30

JR Boys <14 -$20
    JR Girls <14- $20
    Last edited by Jeremy Frieling; September 23rd, 2011, 07:19 AM. Reason: typo

Good news. I'll add it the calendar at home. I should be able to make it.

Reminder to all non-PDGA members, the $10 non-member fee is waived or charged by the TD and donated to the event charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
      Good news. I'll add it the calendar at home. I should be able to make it.

Reminder to all non-PDGA members, the $10 non-member fee is waived or charged by the TD and donated to the event charity.
      I forgot to mention that in the announcement. The fee will be waived and not charged by the TD. I would like to keep entry fees low and attract players to come out and support the community. Looking forward to seeing everyone out at Riverside in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Already Regesterd, Ready To Go !!!

Comment

Sponsorship News

I have been banging on doors, sending emails, and making phone calls... and some of that effort is beginning to pay off. I am happy to announce our 1st round of sponsors/prize donors.

Keen Footwear
          Dynamic Discs
          Mando's Proshop
          HG Bistro of Puyallup
          Charlies Restaurant of Puyallup
          El Charro of Sumner
          Cafe Adamo of Puyallup
          The Station U-Brew of Puyallup
          Elements Frozen Yogurt of Puyallup
          Its Greek to Me of Puyallup/Tacoma
          99 Bottles of Federal Way

Special shout out to Afly's Pizza of Puyallup who will be providing pizza for all players during the lunch intermission!

Stay tuned for more sponsorship news to fallow in the upcoming days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Frieling View Post
            I have been banging on doors, sending emails, and making phone calls... and some of that effort is beginning to pay off. I am happy to announce our 1st round of sponsors/prize donors.

Keen Footwear
            Dynamic Discs
            Mando's Proshop
            HG Bistro of Puyallup
            Charlies Restaurant of Puyallup
            El Charro of Sumner
            Cafe Adamo of Puyallup
            The Station U-Brew of Puyallup
            Elements Frozen Yogurt of Puyallup
            Its Greek to Me of Puyallup/Tacoma
            99 Bottles of Federal Way

Special shout out to Afly's Pizza of Puyallup who will be providing pizza for all players during the lunch intermission!

Stay tuned for more sponsorship news to fallow in the upcoming days.
            Nice work Jeremy! You can add my name to that list, I will have a stack of plastic for you.
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Sponsorship News

I would like to add more sponsors to the growing list.

Paul Wright
              Matt Geck
              Todd Bates
              Kyle Crabtree
              Chris Gilberts
              Chainbangerz
              Parked Discgolf
              The Ram Restaurant and Brewery of Puyallup

An interesting side note: I am considering doing a silent auction on site for 4 discs. Blue 175g w/ Rainbow Proto Stamp Destroyer, Dayglo 175g w/ Black Proto Stamp Boss, and 2 Champion USDGC Rocs in the Bag ( Haven't decided on what years or stamp I am willing to part with) This is a new idea... and I am curious as to how it will play out. I am very open to any and all feedback.

Comment

Jeremy,

I'm donating a stack of plastic with a value of about $100 to use towards the Lahar Benefit Open. Use it for the silent auction or prizes.

Unfortunely, I won't be able to attend this event due to a prior family commitment that I forgot about.

I handed over the plastic to Chris Gilberts and he will get them to you at the event.

Thanks again for running a benefit Event. The disc golf community should and needs to do more events like this to give back to the non-disc golf related causes. We already know that a relatively small group of people do the course maintenance and such. By running an event like this, we can attract the players that will donate money thru the entry fees and show business sponsors that we care more about the whole community.

Comment

Any idea when the second round is gonna start? Trying to figure out if I can make it bak in time to work!

Comment

This is the schedule, it will be followed as strictly as possible, playing against day light...
                    Check-In 8:00 - 8:30 am
                    Player's Meeting 8:45 - 9:00 am
                    First Round Start 9:15 am
                    Lunch
                    Player's Meeting 12:30 pm
                    Second Round Start 12:45 pm

Comment

To add a little bit of excitement to the anticipation to the Lahar Benefit Open... There will be a silent auction for a couple of hard to find and get ahold of OOP Plastic. Bids will be accepted on the forum via PM and day of at the event.

Starting Bids on the Destroyer & Boss @ $40
                      Starting bids on the Rocs @ $20

Let the bidding commence... please remember all proceeds from the auction items will be donated to the Y's Friends and Servants program.
                      Last edited by Jeremy Frieling; November 8th, 2011, 07:43 PM. Reason: typ0

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Frieling View Post
                        To add a little bit of excitement to the anticipation to the Lahar Benefit Open... There will be a silent auction for a couple of hard to find and get ahold of OOP Plastic. Bids will be accepted on the forum via PM and day of at the event.

Starting Bids on the Destroyer & Boss @ $40
                        Starting bids on the Rocs @ $20

Let the bidding commence... please remember all proceeds from the auction items will be donated to the Y's Friends and Servants program.
                        Some great looking plastic! I have never seen a Nate Doss Roc. Pretty Sweet!
                        I guess I'll have to bring my check book....

BTW theres a truck load of us rolling up there for this!
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Nice plastic there.. I will be bidding uhuh.

Comment

Huge amount of work has gone into Riverside over the past few days. Nice work Jeremy and the YMCA crew!! ATTN All Disc Golfers: Lets give back to the YMCA, they have given Riverside so much in the past year. Its our chance to show our appreciation!

Comment

Hooray for winter disc golf!
                              Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X