X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Annual Lakewood Fall Fling to Fight MS

Join Team Free Beer and Chainbangerz Pro Shop for a day full of new friends, disc golf, BBQ, prizes, and raising money for the Greater Washington Chapter of the MS Society. They are a great non-profit who helps people in our community who have MS and their families.

100% of the proceeds from this event are donated to the MS Society.

$30 registration fee includes lunch and a custom tournament disc.

Currently this event is non-PDGA sanctioned. However, we are open to having the event sanctioned if an active member would like to step up and coordinate that.

Player divisions: 1. "never thrown a frisbee" 2. Amatuer 3. Pro

Single round format

Players meeting at 10:00 AM
    Shotgun start at 10:30 AM

If you can't make it, but would like to support the event, please consider sponsoring a T-pad or a player with financial constraints. T-pad sponsorship starts at just $25.

Please email Kevin Hood at hoodkevin@gmail.com if you'd like to pre-register, sponsor a T-pad, or have any questions.

When is it?
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Fall Fling

Sunday, October 16th, in lieu of the monthly acepot.

Comment

Fall Fling Date

Sorry guys. Posting while at work doesn't always facilitate thoroughness.

The date is Sunday October 16th. Thank you for being willing to reschedule the Acepot Eric.

Cheers

Comment

We are two weeks out so I thought I'd get in communication and go over some developments.

The disc order is in and I'm updating scorecards, course maps, a sponsor and registration sheet, etc. Reps from 5 hour energy will be there at the start of the tournament to give away free drinks. We currently have 5 of 18 T-pads sponsored. SODO Hydro just sponsored a T-pad to the tune of $200, NW Linings $100+ and a couple of personal sponsorships From Jesse Hawkins and the Good Family brought in another $100. Play it Again Sports, Chainbangerz Disc Golf, and Elliot Bay Brewing have all committed to donating prizes again this year. My family and TFB has donated a bunch of gift baskets and other random stuff to give away as well. We seem to be heavy on prizes for women at this point so any donations of male oriented prizes (read 6-packs) that players would like to donate the day of the event would be helpful.

Team Free Beer will be in charge of running the BBQ for lunch again this year.

We are set up to have a great tournament. The only thing missing is you and your 300 yard drive. It's the amazing group of people that this event brings together that really makes the day, so bring your friends and take a stand for a world free of MS!

Cheers

Kevin

Comment

Also, between PSE and PBS Engineering and Environmental, we have secured $800 in corporate matching funds, so any proceeds that we generate thorough registrations and T-pad sponsorhips up to $800 will get doubled!

Comment

This is an incredibly fun event! Kevin and his army of volunteers do an immense amount of work to make this fun for everyone.

Looking forward to playing this on Sunday!

Comment

The only thing missing is you and your 300 yard drive.
                I certainly hope Kevin means 300 f00t drives...cuz 300 yards - I wanna see that! hehe

Comment

1 round?

Is this only one round or two?
                  thanks
                  Josh

Comment

Good question-- one round would make it much easier for me to attend.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by hoodkevin View Post
                      Join Team Free Beer and Chainbangerz Pro Shop for a day full of new friends, disc golf, BBQ, prizes, and raising money for the Greater Washington Chapter of the MS Society. They are a great non-profit who helps people in our community who have MS and their families.

100% of the proceeds from this event are donated to the MS Society.

$30 registration fee includes lunch and a custom tournament disc.

Currently this event is non-PDGA sanctioned. However, we are open to having the event sanctioned if an active member would like to step up and coordinate that.

Player divisions: 1. "never thrown a frisbee" 2. Amatuer 3. Pro

Single round format

Players meeting at 10:00 AM
                      Shotgun start at 10:30 AM

If you can't make it, but would like to support the event, please consider sponsoring a T-pad or a player with financial constraints. T-pad sponsorship starts at just $25.

Please email Kevin Hood at hoodkevin@gmail.com if you'd like to pre-register, sponsor a T-pad, or have any questions.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out!

Comment

Fun tournament! Great People!

Comment

Boy I'll say!! Thanks for a super fun time (and the overly generous prizes for all), and good on you Kevin and Team Free Beer for working so hard to raise funds in support of a cause you feel so passionately about!

I'll definitely be sure to mark this one on the calendar for next year!
                            Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; October 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM.

Comment

What Toby said!

Hopefully next year I/we can wrangle our employers/family members' employers into sponsoring as well...

For next year, besides finding someone to do the admin work, does this tourney make sense as a PDGA event or is it better as an unofficial? I've had a great time playing it as both!

Thanks for everything TFB, Chainbanger'z etc!
                              PDGA 42602
                              Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X