Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I just returned home from the Ace Race. Thank you to everyone that helped make this event happen. We had a great time! Also, thank you to those guys in our group that helped us out with grabbing discs while we pushed our baby around in the off-roading stroller.

It was nice to meet you, Scott and Jeanne. Baby Olive says hi. We'll definitely be back for next year's Ace Race and also just to play the course. Dalaiwood is an awesome property.

Comment

Awesome time at the Ace Race. Thanks so much.

Comment

Had a Great time at the 2011 Ace Race even managed to get an ace on hole 13, cant wait till nesx year we had like 15 people in out group all day Thanks Scott and all who helped make this a great year

Comment

Thank you Scott, Jeanne and the rest of the Dalaiwood Crew ~ we had a great time. My 3rd Ace Race and I finally hit metal (bounced off the left chains of the Monster Basket)
          When will the video be ready?

Comment

Well, the dust has finally started to settle and things are getting slightly back to abnormal. When it was all said and done, the final tally came in at a whopping 309 players! This is now the largest Ace Race in history and also the largest one day event ever held in the Northwest. To all that came out we give you a hearty round of applause!

As for more of the final results:

Ace Race winner-Brian C Smith with 2 aces and 5 metal hits
            Runner up-Kenny Benjamin with 2 aces and 1 metal hit
            Other aces-Dana Etienne,Tim Douglas, Russ Joy, Dijen Buckendorf, Josh Shutes, Tod Masbruch, Ryan Pozzuto, Jered Martin, Steve Chavez, Chris "Sumo" Blancato, Thomas Redenbaugh, Larry Nygaro, and Scott Papa
            First and Youngest Ace-Chris "Sumo" Blancato
            Oldest Ace-Tod Masbruch
            Longest Ace-Ryan Pozzuto (221')
            Mini Golf-Jason Lydy -7
            Furious Five-Hugh Everett -3
            Easy Putting Contest-Tony Adams 35
            Hard Putting Contest-Wayne Whitney 24
            Half Mile Hole-Brian Smith 11

The video teaser has been uploaded to Youtube but as of me writing this it has not been published yet. Keep searching for Dalaiwood Ace Race and you should see it soon as it is just waiting for them to post it.

I would like to thank all of our great volunteers that made this event happen. There is no way that you process 140 players in one hour without tons of help. Thanks, thanks, thanks. A super huge special shout out of course goes to my wife, Jeanne, who has to put up with this crazy obsession of wanting to throw the largest disc golf event in the world. Without her help then nothing gets done. With the addition of phone in pre-reg payments added this year her workload went crazy. Add to that the wonder of the walking tacos (35 pounds of meat, 20 pounds of cheese and way too many onions to even thing about) and three slightly crazy kids and she definitely wins the award for most help ever. My hero forever.....

But again, we thank all that came out and made it such a success. Keep watching for more videos and we hope to see you all (plus your friends that missed out) next year.

Later,
            Scott Papa
            Team Discraft
            Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Here is the Teaser from You Tube ~
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0k2NJGdqbc

Comment

The video

Okay, so here is the video

Hope you enjoy it

Papa

This is the same thing as the previous post, I just had to finish breakfast with the kids before posting the link. Darn you Darkstar........
                Last edited by papatart; September 16th, 2011, 09:27 AM. Reason: add a bit of explanation
                Team Discraft
                Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X