Clear All

• Flippin Z

After reading edge's post

is FZD happening this year?
    rewindb.com

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    After reading edge's post

is FZD happening this year?
    This is the first I've heard that it got canned. I wonder if it's a rumor.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I am SUPER dissapointed to inform everyone "Flippen Z Disc 3" will NOT be happening this year! Because of many issues out of my hands (Course limitations, Fees, Club, and calendar dates) I can not run the tourney this year. Looking forward to running a new event next year and I wont let you down on that event! See ya at farragut!!!!!

Copied from Todd Saunders FB page.
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
        I am SUPER dissapointed to inform everyone "Flippen Z Disc 3" will NOT be happening this year! Because of many issues out of my hands (Course limitations, Fees, Club, and calendar dates) I can not run the tourney this year. Looking forward to running a new event next year and I wont let you down on that event! See ya at farragut!!!!!

Copied from Todd Saunders FB page.
        The other big issue is that his wife Jenn is expecting their first baby about a week after the proposed date of the tourney.

Comment

I too had heard all the rumors and the fact of their new addition.

It's to bad though for those who needed and were counting on FZD as an INWS qualifier. That this info was not released sooner so players could have made a choice to play other events in the series
          rewindb.com

Comment

True Effort

When we talked with Todd at the Nuke he was still very hopeful he could pull off the Flippen Z regardless of the obstacles. Both he and Jenni said the birth of Marley was not a deterent to holding the tourney. There were major issues with using the parks and permits to park at the parks. Plus a very thin volunteer crew to handle the logistics. Todd was still gung ho to get it done and was hounding the authorities to get the approval he needed.

Unfortunately, they were not able to get things worked out and only had the whole thing fall through last week.

Maybe we can talk Kris Bland and the Walla Walal crew into stepping in and saving the day with a Fall event to fill in the gap :-)

Comment

Are you feeling any Mountain Golf withdrawals with the FZD cancellation??

All those who were going to play the FZD should try to make our Mountain High at Crystal Mountain for some awesome mountain golf.

Too bad it was cancelled, I know that Todd and crew are bummed.

Let's get some more folks from the east side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                When we talked with Todd at the Nuke he was still very hopeful he could pull off the Flippen Z regardless of the obstacles. Both he and Jenni said the birth of Marley was not a deterent to holding the tourney. There were major issues with using the parks and permits to park at the parks. Plus a very thin volunteer crew to handle the logistics. Todd was still gung ho to get it done and was hounding the authorities to get the approval he needed.

Unfortunately, they were not able to get things worked out and only had the whole thing fall through last week.

Maybe we can talk Kris Bland and the Walla Walal crew into stepping in and saving the day with a Fall event to fill in the gap :-)
                Kris and Crew are going to be having the Fort Walla Walla Open tourny in october not sure of the date . last years was the 23,24
                PDGA # 52916
                CRDGC
                TCDGC
                FWWDGC
                PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post

Working on a date but we will have a Fort Walla Walla Open again this year

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X