X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fernburner returns!

After a much needed year off, The Inn at Lucky Mud is happy to announce the return of the Fernburner tournament on Saturday, August 27, 2011. This will also be the unveiling of our new tee signs with the money raised at last year's "FernEarner" fundraising tournament (thanks Tim).

This year we will open roughly 30 spots to the general public but they will go fast as we cap the field at 72. Differences in this year's Burner will be a second round safari nine (some long par 4's and EPIC!) complete with tee times. These are all new holes and anyone who has played there knows Mud was built for this knd of thing so it should be sweet! We will also be doing a throwbot competition for added fun/chaos!

If anyone out there has ever wanted to attend this tournament this is your chance as it's really the first time we've opened it up! For the record, all the ladies that throw will get special consideration on getting in as at some point we want to hold a very upscale and large women's only tournament, so please sign up ladies!

If you show up Friday there will be random draw doubles beginning at 5 or 6pm.

some other details......

CHECK IN begins @ 8:00 am Saturday
    playerís meeting @ 9:30 am
    $40 per player, $2 acepot
    $15 for optional basket fundraising dinner
    Rooms available through the inn (luckymud.com) 2 night minimum
    Camping $10 per tent PER NIGHT in designated areas
    Make checks payable to Sara Fletcher and mail to 17811 83rd ave NE Kenmore, WA 98028
    or Paypal fletchy5fingers@yahoo.com, please include name, division, phone # and detail of total $
    For more information saralmp8608@yahoo.com or call Adam or Sara (425) 408-1077

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Adam

WOO!!! I haven't been playing much lately, especially tourneys, but I'll gladly dust off my discs for this.

BTW, anyone registering by paypal (for any tourney, or friendly transaction, really), make sure you send the money as "Payment owed" under the Personal tab. That way TDs don't get dinged with paypal fees.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

5 or 6 of our Hagg Crew has played the Mud a few times and would definitely love to attend this one!!!
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Wow... same weekend as NAAC.

Sorry, folk. I will miss this one again. I hope in some year to come that this is not scheduled on the same weekend as other major tournaments. Have fun, everyone. Hope to get back to the Mudd for a tournament some day soon... so I can knock the trophy table over again.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'm seeing a scheduling conflict here as well-- my son's 7th birthday is on the same day...

I suppose I could sneak in a self serving gift: Legos, nerf gun, wii game, and 2 nights stay at the Inn?
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

We will be there Adam. This is my "can't miss" tourney!
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Question - I'm a girl that wants to play...

Question - I'm a girl that wants to play, but I would really need my husband to be there, play too. Is there room?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Wow... same weekend as NAAC.

Hope to get back to the Mudd for a tournament some day soon... so I can knock the trophy table over again.

Just be sure to thank your sponsors when you do it

Comment

Oh you know it.... but I am losing my main sponsor (Phillip Morris) when I go to sleep tonight. That will still leave other sponsors like Millstone, Bridgeport, Rogue, Deschutes Brewing, Lagunitas, Russian River, the Cascade Barrel House, Jimmy's Bar, Ninkasi, Plaid Pantry and some others...

It's good to have these sponsors without them knowing it. Saves them some money but ends up costing me...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Just an update on the Burner we are down to 20 or so spots so if you're thinking about it, do it now or miss out!

Some big news, some of the best damn Sicilian pizza in Portland will be doing lunch this year. Al Forno Ferruzza (alfornoferruzza.com) will be slinging pies after the first round. BIG thanks to Steve for everything!

Sara and I put a solid 10 hrs. weedeating the course last weekend. Bob has been playing catchup but seems to have turned the corner on the mowing and the course looks great! Also built the teepads for the final 9. SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me it's gonna be fun! The teesign are being printed this week and they look sweet!

Dinner menu will Tri-tip, coconut shrimp, pork tenderloin, Doug's famous BBQ chicken, , seafood and veg. linguini, Tasty vegetarian stuff TBD, salad, asparagus, etc. etc. YUM.

Looks like we MAY be doing poker night friday at the cottage if we can line up a few dealers. Either way there will be a red sauce and pasta dinner friday for $5. This will go down after dubs.

So send in those registrations. For the record, it's open to EVERYBODY!

Getting excited!
                    Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                      Getting excited!
                      Easy boy.

(BTW, I found your Classic Roc)
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice Johnson View Post
                        Question - I'm a girl that wants to play, but I would really need my husband to be there, play too. Is there room?
                        Yes there is still room!

PM sent

Comment

I'm in, hooray!

What's on tap, Ol' Bob?
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            What's on tap, Ol' Bob?
                            Rit dye.

...I blew the keg last night. Withdrawals tonight. Picking up more Vortex tomorrow.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              Rit dye.
                              Not FDA approved.
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X