Washington SuperClass Championships - PDGA C - July 24th @ Lakewood DGC Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington SuperClass Championships - PDGA C - July 24th @ Lakewood DGC

Washington State SuperClass Championships

Sunday, July 24th at Lakewood DGC

The SuperClassic is back in revised state championship format - the new Lakewood course is perfect-o for SuperClass so get practicing!!!

Divisions: One big division with CTPs and a few giveaways, remember that you can play in any division for inclusion in the series finale and raffle! (see here for details on the Series prizes and basket giveaways!)

Entry: $15 (no $10 PDGA non-member fee) – With this low entry and a SuperClass disc in the players package, we'll have a couple of nice CTP and side-game prizes but no placement-based payout. Folks who do not want a players pack Zephyr will have the option to pay $10 instead

Discs: Zephyrs, Hero 235, Ultrastars (or similar ultimate-style frisbees), and the Te Moko round out the usual suspects although PDGA has a full list posted in case you have something else you'd like to throw

Registration/Players Meeting: Registration will all be done on the day of the event and will run from 8:30-9:30am. We’ll be starting the first round at 10am

Where: Lakewood by the Chainbanger'z concession stand

Logistics: Two rounds at Lakewood with a lunchbreak. We will not be playing the long water hole and will likely bring out a temp basket for an alternate hole or two!

As a reminder/plea regarding our Summer series - Keith and I had to each put up $2,000 of our own money to buy back the baskets at SeaTac to keep the course alive. At each of our series tournaments, we'll be collecting $5 per player which all goes straight towards making the payments towards the baskets so I hope you’ll all come out and support our effort to keep SeaTac one of our premiere area courses!

Last edited by cefire; July 21st, 2011, 08:20 AM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    Discs must be less than 159.9grams in weight and PDGA approved - other than that, go wild!
    Aren't most Superclass discs legal up to 200g?

Comment

Looks like the text announcement format got copied from the Soduku event, and the disc requirements didn't get switched to superclass specs.

Comment

Yep, just a typo! All SuperClass discs will be legal, most do indeed go up to 200 grams

Haha, 150g Superclass would be crazy/painful
        Last edited by cefire; July 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM.
        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Oh now you tell me! I've been looking for a Japan Open Zephyr all morning!
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Just one question. What do you mean you had to buy back the baskets? Weren't they already in the ground? I am confused by this statement.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

They were in the ground but were owned by a local player. The club needed to renew a contract with the City of Seatac so that we could continue to have the course - this required buying the baskets so that the club now owns the targets. Hopefully this is a bit clearer?
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                They were in the ground but were owned by a local player. The club needed to renew a contract with the City of Seatac so that we could continue to have the course - this required buying the baskets so that the club now owns the targets. Hopefully this is a bit clearer?
                Crystal . Anything to keep Seatac in the ground. Only got to play it once and I have been dying to make the return trip.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

All I need is an UltraStar & something to putt with.

Superclass Rocks!

Comment

Sadly I've gotten word from Mr. Pluto Platter that he probably won't be able to attend this year--something about family visiting from out of town that weekend. He is, of course, available at other times for motivational speaking appearances and autograph signings (for a nominal fee, naturally).
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Got an ultra star today and a new champion fastback is on the way. Now I just need to stop trying to hyzer these discs into the basket. Straight lines are hard to visualize when you try to hyzer every shot is disc golf. There is no hyzer in superclass. Looking forward to this one.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Messed around for a few minutes and came up with this. Probably won't go any further or turn into anything else, maybe a dye job. Got the vision out, kind of.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Haha, that is awesome Chris and BTW, you need to try a Zephyr my friend. Fastbacks and ultrastars are a tough match for the broadside rim...
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

wITH A ZEPHYR IN THE PLAYERS PACK i FIGURE I WILL THROW IT A COUPLE TIMES BEFORE THE ROUND AND LEARN IT BEFORE TOURNEY STARTS,
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I heard a while back that the baskets at Seatac were originally given to the 'club' by Full Sail (can't remember the name of Herm's old dg club off hand). Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I'm hoping to trade a shift and make it out for the tourney-- haven't thrown my Zephyrs for a while. While it's definitely understandable, I do have to admit that I was a bit disappointed to see that you won't be playing the longer water hole... that was the first hole that popped into my mind when picturing my Zephyr in flight. Despite that and the fact the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders won't be on hand, I'm sure it'll be super fun!
                              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; July 18th, 2011, 01:40 AM.
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X