36th Annual Doug Newland Memorial WA State Championships Sept. 17th & 18th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36th Annual Doug Newland Memorial WA State Championships Sept. 17th & 18th

The longest continuously running Disc Golf tournament on the planet is back for the 36th time!

The 36th Annual Doug Newland Memorial Washington State Disc Golf Championships

It's a PDGA "B" tier on September 17th & 18th at the amazing Ft. Steilacoom Disc Golf Course.

Thanks to all of you that bought an Innova CFR disc! There are only a precious few left and we've raised a nice chunk of change for the tourney.

More info can be found right HERE!
    Last edited by Matt B.; July 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM.

Pre-Registration

I'm happy to report that the registration list for the WA State Championships is starting to grow. The custom stamped discs and a few other goodies for the players packs are on their way along with another cool, hard to find fundraiser disc that Innova set us up with.

Tournament time is coming up! I hope you've got the weekend free to play this amazing event.

Comment

Do we have tee-times and player meeting times for this event?

Comment

The Players meeting is going to be at 9:30am on both Saturday and Sunday. It'll be a shotgun start so after the players meeting everyone will head out to their assigned holes. If the tourney isn't fully pre-registered then Gordy will take registrations on Saturday morning from 7:30-9:15 on a first come, first served basis.

Comment

players pack and food

What is in the players pack? will there be food provided or food at the park for purchase?
          Thanks
          Josh

Comment

The players pack currently contains a dx Glow San Marino Roc, a weighted Innova mini and an Innova bottle opener that's shaped like a tiny golf disc. I've still got a bunch of the Disc Golf fake tattoos that I designed, so I'll probably put one of those in there too. We also have a bunch of stuff to potentially have a raffle so I'll talk to Gordy about putting a raffle ticket into the player pack too. The players pack for this event is the same for ALL divisions.

The Glow rocs are really great. I've had the one in my bag all year and it's a go to mid-range for me.

We haven't arranged for any food at the course but the Steilly club is welcome to run something if they want to. There are a couple of convenient restaurants close to the course (I like the teriyaki place) and an Albertsons (with a deli) just around the corner.

I'm expecting the Innova order to arrive before this weekend so Gordy may have some of the custom stamped Star Vulcans & Sparkle Champion Apes with him at the Tale of Two Rivers event.

Comment

Players pack

So you get a glow roc and the custom disc? Will there be tournament shirts for purchase? Food isn't a problem just have to plan for it. sounds like it will be a good one cant wait.
              Thanks
              Josh

Comment

The Glow Roc is the tourney stamped disc in the players pack, sorry about the confusion. There are other tourney stamped discs but they are fundraisers that put $$ back into the event. I'm helping Gordy Kirkpatrick run this one and he likes to keep things simple which translates into a well run event with as much money as possible being turned back into the tourney. I'm thinking that we're going to have $1500 or more of added cash which will benefit all divisions and the coveted travelling trophy will go to the Pro with the best score along with a nice cash bonus. You can also expect scores (w/ ratings) to show up on the day of the event.

Glad to hear you're psyched Josh, we look forward to seeing you there! EE

Comment

anybody coming from up north that wants to car pool, I'm coming fro Everett.

Comment

What's the format?
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

A week away!

The WA State Championships is coming up THIS WEEKEND!

Gordy has put together some great looking trophies and we're going to have some really nice CTPs thanks to Innova and Chainbangerz. Gordy and I decided against the idea of running a raffle which means that we've got more cool stuff to use as CTPs and prizes for the amateur divisions. Then there's the $1800+ of added cash (Wow!) that's going to boost the payout across the board.

As of today there are around 45 players pre-registered for the tourney, which is a great start. I know that there is a tradition of signing up for this one on the day of the event, which is all fine and good, BUT be aware that we're limiting the field to 135 players on a first come, first served basis.

Looking forward to see y'all on Saturday morning! Cheers, Eric
                      Last edited by ericedge; September 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Excited to play my first Washington state championship. Glad this event is no longer a secret!
                        Read this ^

Comment

Women

Will there be any women signing up? My wife wants to play but shes not sure if there isn't any other women playing. Men send your wife out to play so mine can.

Comment

Come and play girls!

Originally posted by couve discer View Post
                            will there be any women signing up? My wife wants to play but shes not sure if there isn't any other women playing. Men send your wife out to play so mine can.
                            i will be playing!!!!

Comment

More women would be great! Right now I know that Jessie will be playing Pro, Samantha C. will be playing Adv and I know of a couple of other women that may be there. I do update the pdga registration page frequently so that's a good place to check.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X