Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spokane Country Cup was an awesome event. I had the pleasure of meeting and playing with some awesome people! Jumanji is a wonderful course, as is the final 10. I would have to say that was some of the funnest golf I have ever played! Hats off to all those who pitched in to make this a weekend to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
      Heere it is folks! The post that got me kicked out of four mound.. Please take note of the insults and body slams and the overall general disrespect that this post displays. Please make sure that you do not give your opinion of holes at Four Mound or you to will meet your demise. Of course the owners will not be discussing this with us on this forum or with me, but they will tell golfers this at the tournament. This is worse than Jr. High.
      hey yoduh .. why dont you just SHUT THE HELL UP !!! all i ever hear from you is bitching i used to think you were an ok guy but of LATLY you are no BETTER then a lil girl WHINNING about HOW you cant get your way !!! GET OVER IT !!! So you cant play at 4 mounds .BIG DEAL find some place else

Comment

I dont know any of the history behind the disputes on here, but its a bummer to see them getting aired out in such an ugly manner. I do know that their are not many people as passionate about disc golf as the crafts, yoduh, justin, and joe. All of you donate a lot of time and effort into disc golf (not just playing), and that is a very rare thing. I really hope you guys can put aside your differences, because I would love to see the courses and tournaments put on by your combined efforts. Thanks to everyone who did the work to transform spokane into a great disc golf area, and I hope everyone gets over their differences in order to continue furthing the sport. Joe you have to tone down your wording on here man. It is often far to strong and there is no question that its attacking people, and you guys will never get along with that talk.

Comment

Results????? Did Aaron hold on for the win?
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
            No, Brian Cook came back in spectacular fashion, shooting an 8 under and holding off Big Mike Leslie in the final 10. It was a thing of beauty watching Brian rattle off 5 birds in a row on Jumanji on holes that are not easy 2's!

Comment

Down home good time

Howdy,

The Country Cup this year was one of the best ever!! It's hard to decide what highlights were my fav...

First, the weather was outstanding. The super high winds projected for Friday's Double's never materialized. The Mound was bustling with folks anxious to get out and play. The two top teams had the chance to play on Saturday for $250 worth of skins (donated from Gordy and Jaymie's pocket.) The competition was fierce and there was a sudden death play off for 2nd place.

Saturday morning was gorgeous. There we're plenty of delicious cookies, apples and yogurt for the players to eat for breakfast and take out on the course. In addition Kymmers brought her PA system. They were jamming cool tunes from the porch and no one had to shout at the player's meeting.

I had a phenomenol group. Got to play with Jaymie, Nancy and Kym. I didn't shoot well but had some of the best fun and a smooth pace the entire time.

The tourney provided lunch then opened the PBR keg. It was so much fun following the skins with the beer truck and the huge crowd! Tom killed the skins!

Nothing like ending the day with an hour or so of catch with Jaymie's Zepher. I guess the party continued well into the night after I was home after a long soapy shower tucked away in my compfy bed. Evidently a few bottles of tequila were consumed and a grand time was had by all.

Sunday morning was beautiful again and the day started with good tunes and another player's meeting.

One of the most impressive things in my opinion was how everyone came together and was so respectful and helpful and considerate of one another. We've all read many of the unpleasant posts on this forum. You would have never believed any of it seeing how kind everyone was to one another. Gordy, Bob, Justin, Joe and others...All working together like the real people we've all seen and made friends with in person. It was cool.

We had another delicious lunch provided on Sunday...and yes ANOTHER keg of PBR!!! The truck followed the final five players around the final ten holes. We say some outstanding play out of Mike, Brian, Aaron, Eric and Ray. Great sportsmanship. Great times!!

Kudos to Bob (and his family) for TDing, Jaymie and Gordy for hosting at FourMound, the Verbargs, Van Zost, Jub, Kym, Joe, Justin and all the others that contributed in some way to make this a phenomenal tourney.

If you missed it...do whatever you can to make it next year!!

LKY

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                Results were posted to the PDGA yesterday for your viewing.
                Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                  Howdy,

The Country Cup this year was one of the best ever!! It's hard to decide what highlights were my fav...

First, the weather was outstanding. The super high winds projected for Friday's Double's never materialized. The Mound was bustling with folks anxious to get out and play. The two top teams had the chance to play on Saturday for $250 worth of skins (donated from Gordy and Jaymie's pocket.) The competition was fierce and there was a sudden death play off for 2nd place.

Saturday morning was gorgeous. There we're plenty of delicious cookies, apples and yogurt for the players to eat for breakfast and take out on the course. In addition Kymmers brought her PA system. They were jamming cool tunes from the porch and no one had to shout at the player's meeting.

I had a phenomenol group. Got to play with Jaymie, Nancy and Kym. I didn't shoot well but had some of the best fun and a smooth pace the entire time.

The tourney provided lunch then opened the PBR keg. It was so much fun following the skins with the beer truck and the huge crowd! Tom killed the skins!

Nothing like ending the day with an hour or so of catch with Jaymie's Zepher. I guess the party continued well into the night after I was home after a long soapy shower tucked away in my compfy bed. Evidently a few bottles of tequila were consumed and a grand time was had by all.

Sunday morning was beautiful again and the day started with good tunes and another player's meeting.

One of the most impressive things in my opinion was how everyone came together and was so respectful and helpful and considerate of one another. We've all read many of the unpleasant posts on this forum. You would have never believed any of it seeing how kind everyone was to one another. Gordy, Bob, Justin, Joe and others...All working together like the real people we've all seen and made friends with in person. It was cool.

We had another delicious lunch provided on Sunday...and yes ANOTHER keg of PBR!!! The truck followed the final five players around the final ten holes. We say some outstanding play out of Mike, Brian, Aaron, Eric and Ray. Great sportsmanship. Great times!!

Kudos to Bob (and his family) for TDing, Jaymie and Gordy for hosting at FourMound, the Verbargs, Van Zost, Jub, Kym, Joe, Justin and all the others that contributed in some way to make this a phenomenal tourney.

If you missed it...do whatever you can to make it next year!!

LKY
                  Best tournament EVER!!!! Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X