Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it bitching when I complained about the 8am for a one round a day players meeting? I KNOW everyone else was thinking it, just cause I said it.. How THIN IS YOUR SKIN? I said I wasn't going to play doubles because I coudn't take the 40 extra holes of golf? Sorry to hurt your feelers there, geez.
    Was the breakdown of the final 10 course the last straw? I've been on this forum for 10 years and I often hear people talking about what they like, don't like about courses and holes.(Poke and hope, tight RBH etc.) I have done so about quite a few courses. All I gave was my opinion which is all it is. If you hear my opinion when you look at the course you can take it or leave it. I made no personal assault towards Gordy, Bob or any other volunteer. BTW Jumanji is in my top 3 courses in the state. 1.Steilly 2. Jumanji 3. Cornwall (green course)
    The one apology I must sincerely offer is the poke I made about not starting 2 tournaments in a row correctly. I realize that running a tournament is not the easiest thing in the world to do and that there is alot of stress that can cause things not to go as smoothly as planned. When I said that comment it was flippant and meant to be a joke because the way I see it is that isn't the sort of thing that happens hardly ever and the way it did happen was kind of like lightning striking twice and that I've never even heard of it happening a 3rd time.. I can't believe how many people aren't showing up for this tourney.. and that all this above really amounts to a DQ.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Well... I sure hope the SDGA hasn't sponsored this tourney.
      If so, I will make sure to make a huge deal about club members being denied entrance to a club sponsored event.
      That would be a MAJOR conflict of interest.

Great, you two don't get along, grow a pair and deal with it during a tourney.
      You two play in completely different divisions, just don't interact with each other.
      And Gordy, you have asked to be a continuing figurehead for the SDGA, you are bound to receive some negative comments, this just sounds like a power trip.

Gordy, you can't take the positive and negative comments as part of the job, you work to undermine club votes and committees, and you won't even interact with your own club members; maybe you should consider stepping down?
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

For the Record

This. Is. Not.Gordy.
        I am the property owner. This is my decision.
        I will NOT discuss my reasons on a forum, suffice it to say this is an action I have been contemplating for years.

Jaymie

Comment

So I am torn between two subjects here. My love for disc golf and my love for people to do whatever the hell they want on their property.

I have never known what happened between Jeremy and the Crafts. I am sure that there is a reason for the bad blood (at least, I hope there's a reason). What I am unsure of is why people in Spokane feel the need to air out all this putrid and disgusting hatred on a disc golf forum used to attract sponsors and new people to the sport.

If I was going to sponsor any event in Spokane, all it would take to deter me is looking at stuff like this. The Spokane Disc Golf Association forum is filled with seething hate between members. Our tournaments get marred by these types of things. We are supposed to be elevating the sport to a higher level in Spokane. God knows we have the courses to do so. Yet we constantly are shooting ourselves in the feet with these disagreements. It's like Facebook. People log on and all of a sudden they just spew out everything in their minds. Most of the time it's doing more damage to those around them then they realize. Most of the time, they don't seem to care.

Gordy, Jaymie, I love you guys. You have always treated me with respect and as family every time I show up to your wonderful courses.

Jeremy, every time I have talked to you, you have come across as a nice guy with great idea's on how to incorporate disc golf in the major leagues.

Can we all just put aside the drama and huck some damn plastic into some metal chains? That's what this sport is all about right?
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
            If so, I will make sure to make a huge deal about club members being denied entrance to a club sponsored event.

You two play in completely different divisions, just don't interact with each other.
            And Gordy, you have asked to be a continuing figurehead for the SDGA, you are bound to receive some negative comments, this just sounds like a power trip.

Gordy, you can't take the positive and negative comments as part of the job, you work to undermine club votes and committees, and you won't even interact with your own club members; maybe you should consider stepping down?
            check the PDGA RULEBOOK .AS for taking the negative and positve comments THAT IS SOMETHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND .. You spew negative vibes EVERYTIME you play a tourny.. how many times have YOU thrown your disc bag jjust because the tourny is NOT going the way you wanted it to go .. i heard about your temper tantrum @ zoo town ARE you going do the same at the COUNTRY CUP if things dont go your way ?

Comment

BTW. JUSTIN whens the GLOBAL tourny i know the SDGA gave you the money to do it BUT there is NO news about it no flyer ?what are you waiting till the last moment to post it then blame the SDGA when your players dont show up ?

Comment

Very odd that every tournament I've played in Spokane has been a nice mellow and pleasant drama free experience, yet the Spokane forums tend to read like a second rate disc golf reality tv drama gone bad.

From my perspective that's good, as I would much rather have the tournaments be fun when I'm there and watch all this other fun stuff from a distance.

I really wish I could play this tournament but the drive is just too far for a short weekend.
                Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                  Very odd that every tournament I've played in Spokane has been a nice mellow and pleasant drama free experience, yet the Spokane forums tend to read like a second rate disc golf reality tv drama gone bad.

From my perspective that's good, as I would much rather have the tournaments be fun when I'm there and watch all this other fun stuff from a distance.

I really wish I could play this tournament but the drive is just too far for a short weekend.
                  i do aploogize for my quotes that sounds like drama. but i am getting sick and tried of ppl IN my own club BELITTLING the things we try and do for the SPORT of disc golf (yes me too) its kinda bad that most of the ppl who post in here are just keyboard warriors . i guess that is not going to change much .. but I am working on NOT letting the WHINNERS/BITICHING/COMPLAINERS get me down!

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                    Very odd that every tournament I've played in Spokane has been a nice mellow and pleasant drama free experience
                    That's because you bring your own nice, mellow, pleasant, drama-free aura around with you. I've been on your card before.

Either that, or the Spokanites are always on their best behavior when Ali G comes to town.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                      check the PDGA RULEBOOK .AS for taking the negative and positve comments THAT IS SOMETHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND .. You spew negative vibes EVERYTIME you play a tourny.. how many times have YOU thrown your disc bag jjust because the tourny is NOT going the way you wanted it to go .. i heard about your temper tantrum @ zoo town ARE you going do the same at the COUNTRY CUP if things dont go your way ?
                      Hmm... I agree that I am not the most positive attitude on the course and I am working on it.
                      As for throwing bags, never have thrown my bag, tourney or otherwise.
                      Zoo Town was an unfortunate example of behavior on my part. Those who were present heard me give myself a warning during the 1st round AND apologize to my card and the TD's for my negative vibe. Christian mulled things over with me (extremely professional) and even talked me into continuing with the following round.

Thankfully I had help at Zoo Town, perfect example of a PRO helping an AMATEUR learn the ups and downs of tourney golf.
                      I am willing to gain experience, learn from my mistakes, and move on. (sounds like golf)

I hope we can all keep this perspective.
                      Last edited by jshrack; July 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM.
                      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post

Just because Shrack has had some issues on the course it really doesn't take away from his post, but it was a side note Psyco. Thanks.
                        The club should not be supporting this ban in any way and if so the club should offer a refund of club members payments that are no longer willing to be part of a club that promotes discrimination. Small claims court is a real possibility here. Either that or the Co-property owner should step down as Treasurer. Gordy has supported Jaymie's decision fully and his ethics have been brought into question several times previous to this.
                        Jaymie. Even weirder that it was your decision to not allow me to play because we haven't spoken in a couple years. Unless you count hiding under the false bravado of your made up internet name Disc Golf Diva. Under this name you clearly showed your feelings toward me and all the while trying to act as if you were just a casual observer. You must have been really holding your stuff in and letting it fester. Not Good. I can't blame you for not talking about this on a forum because you don't want to talk about it at all. Your hoping that it will all just go away. Let me know how that goes for you. Oh wait, we never talk, and your not on this forum... Riiight.
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Sorry to read about all the (seemingly unnecessary) negative interactions going on in these local boards. It is just an unfortunate consequence of the freedom that a keyboard provides when there is no person in front of us to force us to deal with the consequences of our "words".

Everybody has the right to their opinion. Some are right and some are... "their own". It is what it is and we have to make the best of it all by taking in what is right and filtering out the bad. No point in taking garbage to heart. That just makes for more garbage.

I will be sending my good vibes to the Cup from my first trip ever to Farragut tomorrow.
                          SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Just talked with a disc golfer who was at the tournament today and this person was told by Jaymie that she had nothing to do with it and that it was between me and Gordy... This is a picture of somebody lying through thier teeth
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              Don't think I'll play doubles. Can't imagine having to play the "final 10 course" 4 times in 1 weekend. That's 94 holes of golf which aren't really a walk in the park. If I tore up the final 10 course I would shoot 27 and if I'm sucking I would shoot a 30. More than likely I'd prolly shoot a 28 or 29.. to much predictability to be interesting. Hole 1's upshot is poke and hope. Hole 2's a birdie. Hole3s an easy 3 an impossible 2 for me unless I throw it in luckily. hole 4 is a must birdie but has a lucky green because of branches and rocks on the ground. hole 5 is a getable 2 and probably the best hole on the course because of the amount of scoring swing that's possible. Hole 6 is almost exactly the same shot as 5 just longer, I usually try to hit a 60 footer after throwing a safe drive. Hole 7 is a super hard 2 and pretty much a 3. Hole 8 is a thumber layup, throw a hyzer, get my 3. Hole 9 is the prettiest and had some real scoring but with tree's growing up the hole is getting almost impossible to 2 but it's an easy 3. Hole 10 is 2able if you throw a good drive and than get lucky on the green just like hole 1. So pretty much 5 holes that I don't know what I will get on the teepad but 4 of those scores are based on luck. If I wanted to play 40 holes like that I'd play the red twice.
                              Heere it is folks! The post that got me kicked out of four mound.. Please take note of the insults and body slams and the overall general disrespect that this post displays. Please make sure that you do not give your opinion of holes at Four Mound or you to will meet your demise. Of course the owners will not be discussing this with us on this forum or with me, but they will tell golfers this at the tournament. This is worse than Jr. High.
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Well sence it seems that everyone wants to talk shit up at this turny about my basket really look Jeff crum talked to yoduh and told him iv had this basket sence before winter. Anyone else wanna talk shit say it to my face .... And. Again here is my number 5092944263.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X