Play Kitsap's Amazing New course!! -Now Two fundraising event dates! June 18 & 25 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Kitsap's Amazing New course!! -Now Two fundraising event dates! June 18 & 25

As originally posted by Paul Wright:

"Mark your calendars for June 18th (and 25th). West Sound Disc Golf Association will be hosting a fundraising tournament and introducing our newest course. We will be accepting the first 90 people at $20.00 to raise money for permanent baskets and tee pads. Each player will receive a Brian Thornton original poster memorializing this event.
    The new course "The Bud Pell at Ross Farm" is possible through the generous use of the land by the Ross family. A special thanks also goes out to Paintball Jim and Kim for their help and vision for the recreational opportunities for the people of Kitsap County.
    The Bud is a challenging par 64 course. It will have 2 par 5's and 6 par 4's. It will have a 1000' hole and a nice mixture of open and wooded holes. This will be a great opportunity to play the newest course to be added to Whiners in the Woods II.
    Spread the word and sign up with me at pwright@wavecable.com.
    Check here for updates,"

Paul

• Tim
    replied
    This course is indeed awesome, it'll definitely be a destination course once its broken in a little more, and has solid tees. Keep up the good work, Paul!

Leave a comment:

• mine all mine
    replied
    I can't wait to get out and play this course. It sounds amazing and it's receiving some good publicity to go along with it.

Leave a comment:

• DiscGolfBirdie
    replied
    More news about the course! Thank you Julie Fergus and The Central Kitsap Reporter http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/c...125188418.html

Leave a comment:

• WestsoundBT
    replied
    Two additional words to set the stage for a fantastic experience at the Bud....

Taco Truck!

Dollar tacos, cold drinks, (cash only) but great - the concessionaire owner has been involved in a lot of the labor on the course - and he's been the one driving the mower tractor. So come play the course and finish with something spicy to support!

Leave a comment:

• EnigmaSquad
    replied
    All Baskets are in! Hope you get to enjoy a round tomorrow!
    We would love to hear your feedback when you are done!

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    Thanks for the info. Please post here when the baskets go in!
    Update on baskets? I'm heading up to the area tomorrow and this will be my first choice if I can get out for a round.

Leave a comment:

• maynard
    replied
    Great article! Really looking forward to spending more time on the Westsound courses. Good job to all involved!

Leave a comment:

• DiscGolfBirdie
    replied
    Check out the latest news coverage in our local Kitsap Sun!

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/j...to-explore-in/

Leave a comment:

• Yardbird
    replied
    The second Fundraiser event is this weekend. June 25th @ 9:00am

Please come out and support the efforts of the WSDGA.

DG course review of the course

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...d=4570&mode=ci

Leave a comment:

• DiscGolfBirdie
    replied
    Current course map and opening day photos are posted on the West Sound Disc Golf Association website, www.wsdga.org. Thanks to everyone who helped get the course ready! Hope those of you who play here will consider making a donation so we can pay our IOUs!

Leave a comment:

• jeffmonty
    replied
    Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
    Does anyone have a guess as to how many turned out for this event? looking forward to getting out there next weekend!
    Brian, I think about 25 or so. The weather may have been a factor as it was rainy in the a.m. Hopefully we have a good turnout next weekend as well. How'd you guys do?

Leave a comment:

• EnigmaSquad
    replied
    Does anyone have a guess as to how many turned out for this event? looking forward to getting out there next weekend!

Leave a comment:

• jeffmonty
    replied
    Great event! Keep your eyes on this course, folks. Once the tee pads get improved and a few other minor tweaks, this place has the potential to be one of the top 3 courses in western Washington,IMO.(At least, for the more experienced player). No joke.

Leave a comment:

• Flingin fireman
    replied
    The baskets are in!!!!!!!
    Hope to see you all tomorrow

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X