Play Kitsap's Amazing New course!! -Now Two fundraising event dates! June 18 & 25 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Kitsap's Amazing New course!! -Now Two fundraising event dates! June 18 & 25

As originally posted by Paul Wright:

"Mark your calendars for June 18th (and 25th). West Sound Disc Golf Association will be hosting a fundraising tournament and introducing our newest course. We will be accepting the first 90 people at $20.00 to raise money for permanent baskets and tee pads. Each player will receive a Brian Thornton original poster memorializing this event.
    The new course "The Bud Pell at Ross Farm" is possible through the generous use of the land by the Ross family. A special thanks also goes out to Paintball Jim and Kim for their help and vision for the recreational opportunities for the people of Kitsap County.
    The Bud is a challenging par 64 course. It will have 2 par 5's and 6 par 4's. It will have a 1000' hole and a nice mixture of open and wooded holes. This will be a great opportunity to play the newest course to be added to Whiners in the Woods II.
    Spread the word and sign up with me at pwright@wavecable.com.
    Check here for updates,"

Paul

So here's some of the updates:

After much thought, we've decided to have two events! Double the fun! June 18 as originally posted, and again on June 25th. Hooray! For our friends down in Mason county - get that concrete poured on the 18th, and then come play the 25th.

It's what we are terming a "Poster Tournament". I'm making the poster, and I'll submit that you'll like it. Hopefully frame worthy for this Inaugural event. Have the proof to say you were there on opening day!

Whats a Poster Tournament? Every entrant at $20 receives the art grade poster as a thank you for supporting the course. It's a fundraiser event!

Payout? Getting to play this tract is certainly payout for sure. Plus, for those playing Whiners in the Woods, this is a great way to see and play one of the courses being used this year.

Farm golf, woods golf, meadow golf, rolling elevation... there's like 4 or five different zones on this course.

Can I play both weekends? Sure! $20 entry for one or both.

Format? I'll let Paul chime in on his playing format. The goal of course is to let the peeps have their first looks at this place.

I know that those of us here in the Westsound that have seen this come together are really excited about this place, and we are just as excited to get playing it. Fundraising is an integral part of any good project, so consider joining us for two weekends of fun, fundraising, and first looks.

Brian Thornton
    member,
    West Sound Disc Golf Association

Comment

Paul says.. "Come Join us here! yupp, right here." Or maybe a little to the right if you can...

Comment

Comment

We will start at 9:00 sharp on both the 18th and 25th. First round will be random doubles each day. This will give everyone a chance to see the course and share the fun. The second round for those that want to hang out will be singles.
          The course is open now. Please respect the rules for this new course. NO DOGS. The property owners have cows and peacocks and the neighbors have dogs so it was determined not to allow dogs on the course. NO NIGHT GOLF you must be off the course by 9:30.
          There are cows on the course at times. Be nice to them. Oh yeah, bring an extra towel as there are cows on the course at times..nuff said. Boots and Gaiters are also a very good idea, Maybe we won't need them by August but it is a bit wet out there.
          The final course has 1 par 5, 7 par 4's, and 10 par 3's for 63 total.
          We encourage your feedback on the course, please let us know what you think of the holes, distance, tee and pin locations. We want to adjust before putting permanent placements in.
          So, come on out and we look forward to seeing you to help raise the funds to finish this course.

Comment

The address of the new course "The Bud Pell at Ross Farm" is
            368 Northeast Waaga Way
            Bremerton, WA 98311
            There are maps at the Kiosk to help guide you, please return them after your round.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flingin fireman View Post
                We will start at 9:00 sharp on both the 18th and 25th. First round will be random doubles each day. This will give everyone a chance to see the course and share the fun. The second round for those that want to hang out will be singles.
                The course is open now. Please respect the rules for this new course. NO DOGS. The property owners have cows and peacocks and the neighbors have dogs so it was determined not to allow dogs on the course. NO NIGHT GOLF you must be off the course by 9:30.
                There are cows on the course at times. Be nice to them. Oh yeah, bring an extra towel as there are cows on the course at times..nuff said. Boots and Gaiters are also a very good idea, Maybe we won't need them by August but it is a bit wet out there.
                The final course has 1 par 5, 7 par 4's, and 10 par 3's for 63 total.
                We encourage your feedback on the course, please let us know what you think of the holes, distance, tee and pin locations. We want to adjust before putting permanent placements in.
                So, come on out and we look forward to seeing you to help raise the funds to finish this course.
                I'm going to be in the area over the fourth of July and will check it out! Thanks!

Comment

Looks amazing! Great work out there Paul and the WSDGA. This is yet another great addition out there. I listed the course on DGCR and listed the fundraising dates in hope of more getting out there to lend a hand and support your cause. Thanks again for all that you guys do out there to make the NW such a wonderful place to play dg! The land from the photos reminds me some of HH in North Plains. I will for sure be making the trip over there sometime this summer, hopefully sooner.

JR S
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Papa thinks... "How could I help make this look enticing, be fair, but dastardly frustrating all at the same time?..."

Comment

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post

Papa thinks... "How could I help make this look enticing, be fair, but dastardly frustrating all at the same time?..."

Does the water come into play? (I sure hope so!) Looks great WSDGA, you guys never cease to amaze! I can't wait to see it.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Water in play?....
                        There's a few ponds like the one pictured around the course, but I think they are all actually at the property boundaries of the course area, thus "out of play". Maybe you could consider them "seen,and enjoyed, but not trouble"

However, the one pictured above is actually ahead of Papa and down the grade to the right in the first picture. He's standing in the left flyway of 14. There's a right flyway for 14 that could lead to a tree kick, which could lead to some wetness in said pond... but I wouldn't expect it.

One of the other ponds has little floating docks with peacock nests on them.
                        ..and so perhaps the Horning similarities continue...

BT

Comment

And here's first look at the poster! The real thing is art grade ready to frame and display. Come get yours at these fundraiser events!

Brian Thornton
                          member, Westsound Disc Golf Association

Comment

Course map?
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

There are still adjustments being made to the course. Now that people are playing there are some obvious tweeks that need to be made. I have put some course maps at the course to use if you go there to play. After these next few adjustments I will post a course map.
                              Nice poster Brian!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X