X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
    Bring lots of water. A guy who joined up with us ran out of water mid-round.

Agreed.
    I brought 3.5 hours of hydration, which I figured was enough, but spent 5.5 hours on the mountain.
    Needless to say I had the cramping jimmylegs last night.

Took the new CFR Vulcan to Terrace today, its a nice flyer.

Oh, and Tom, we talked to the guys that helped Dee put the course in, I'm pretty sure they won't pull the baskets until the first snowfall, so as long as we don't get a freak storm, you should be good on the 29th.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Originally posted by mountainhigh View Post
      Camping is in the parking lots at Crystal Mountain Resort. There are plug in spots for RV's-$20/night.
      Tent camping is pretty much free and is help yourself. There are no designated tent spots.
      There are NO SHOWERS OR RESTROOMS in the camping area. Public Bathroom is open 24 hours in the main day lodge. 5-10 minute walk from the main camping area.

There are several USFS campgrounds in the area along Highway 410 with bathrooms. You will need to get there early on Friday to get a spot because they will most likely fill up on Saturday.
      I appreciate the information!

We decided to take advantage of the fabulous dicounted lodging at the Village Inn so I don't have to miss SportsCenter. Not sure how Jaymie is going to fit in a twin bed...but it might make for good pics on FaceBook!

Looking so forward to playing a brand new course :-)

Comment

What is the format for this tourney? 2 rounds of 18? What is the format for the long drive comp?
        PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
          I appreciate the information!

We decided to take advantage of the fabulous dicounted lodging at the Village Inn so I don't have to miss SportsCenter. Not sure how Jaymie is going to fit in a twin bed...but it might make for good pics on FaceBook!

Looking so forward to playing a brand new course :-)
          Glad to hear you're coming!

Comment

Mountain High Format

Originally posted by prospect View Post
            What is the format for this tourney? 2 rounds of 18? What is the format for the long drive comp?
            Basic Format is that each division will play both the Summit Course and Lower Course. 1 round of 18 holes each day.

Distance Drive Comp. format was explained just a few posts above..

I played most of the Summit Course with Bro, Tim and Mike yesterday. It just keeps getting better.. The flowers and wildlife are simply mindblower.

Comment

Is hiking up the only way to get to the Summit during the week, or are any of the lifts running? A few of us were going to come up for a casual round tomorrow, but my buddy's knee is only in good enough shape to play down.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Toby can you check the lost disc bucket for me. I lost 6 discs up there last year. The name on the back is CMC. Please and Thank You!
                www.rewindb.com

Comment

Basic Format is that each division will play both the Summit Course and Lower Course. 1 round of 18 holes each day.

Distance Drive Comp. format was explained just a few posts above..

I played most of the Summit Course with Bro, Tim and Mike yesterday. It just keeps getting better.. The flowers and wildlife are simply mindblower.
                  I guess what I meant by "format" is how many throws do I get for $5?
                  PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                    Is hiking up the only way to get to the Summit during the week, or are any of the lifts running? A few of us were going to come up for a casual round tomorrow, but my buddy's knee is only in good enough shape to play down.

From the following site: http://www.mtrainiergondola.com

"We are open daily until Sept. 11 and weekends until Oct. 2 for scenic rides on the Mt. Rainier gondola, mountain-top dining at the Summit House, hiking, horseback rides, disc golf and other fun summer activities. See you in the mountains!"

Comment

Directions from Spokane

So according to the CM website, Google and Mapquest the best way to travel from the East is Follow Hwy 12 West towards Naches. Turns into Hwy 410 and crosses over Chinook Pass (closed during the winter). Turn right onto Crystal Mountain Blvd. just after exiting Mount Rainier National Park.

Is there a short cut out of Ellensburg?

Is it better to stay on HWY 12 through Rimrock and meet up with HWY 123/410 on the South side of Rainier?

Just curious about the best way to get there...

Any advice is appreciated ;-)

Comment

Ready To Go

The courses are set and your time is here.

We are ready to LAUNCH another great Mountain High. Some of the crew was up at Crystal today getting the holes dialed in.

Thanks to everyone who helped get the courses ready. We have a great group of golfers registered but there is plenty of room. Make some last minute calls so we can increase the numbers.

We are really excited to see some of you from Spokane. Hope you bring a train of folks from the east side. From Ellensburg you can take the standard route to Yakima via hwy 97 or the scenic route on the Canyon Road #821. The Canyon road is a little slower but not much but much more scenic and offers some nice places to pull off and take a dip to cool off.

From Yakima take hwy 12 west to 410 west over Chinook Pass and through Mt. Rainier National Park (did I say scenic?). Stay on 410 west until you exit the park and turn right onto Crystal Mountain Blvd. Do not take 12 over White Pass because there is a lot of construction.

See ya tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
                          I guess what I meant by "format" is how many throws do I get for $5?
                          Depending on time we are looking to give everyone 5 shots within 5 minutes. We might reduce but hopefully not.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
                            From the following site: http://www.mtrainiergondola.com

"We are open daily until Sept. 11 and weekends until Oct. 2 for scenic rides on the Mt. Rainier gondola, mountain-top dining at the Summit House, hiking, horseback rides, disc golf and other fun summer activities. See you in the mountains!"

Doh!! Well, it was definitely worth it to play Shelton Springs, but I was pretty stoked to play Crystal. Next week for sure!

Thanks Ben!

Comment

Mountain High Wrap Up

Scores are up.

What a great weekend. Thanks to all that came up and participated.
                              This was a great bunch and it was a pleasure to meet all the new faces. Great to see the familiar ones also.

Awesome friends, weather, golf, fun and all the good stuff.

Hope everyone had fun and those that missed are getting siked for next year.

We still have a lot of mountain golf to play this year.

C'mon up.

Comment

Scores are up.

What a great weekend. Thanks to all that came up and participated.
                                This was a great bunch and it was a pleasure to meet all the new faces. Great to see the familiar ones also.

Awesome friends, weather, golf, fun and all the good stuff.

Hope everyone had fun and those that missed are getting siked for next year.

We still have a lot of mountain golf to play this year.

C'mon up.
                                I'll be heading up Wednesday with a few friends-- woohoo!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X