Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i may have to make a trip up there

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
      Played Summit Course today. So killer! Jeff Smith posted the best score, a 55. I shot a 60. Dee, the course pro, played too. Can't remember what he shot. The Summit Course is similar to last years layout with a few minor changes. The gondola ride got us up there in 9.5 minutes. Took about 4 hours to play down. Get up there and play. Do it!
      There's a gondola at Crystal now? Oh my god, that is awesome!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Get your registrations in

We are getting close to the tournament and need more people to get registered.

NORTHWESTSIGNUP.COM is the quickest way to get signed up. A few people registered in person this weekend and also by mail.

We always need tee sponsors. Thanks Bill Winkler and Jack Lorber for kicking in $25 each.

Disc order is in and we are getting a nice box of Vulcans, KC Pro Rocs, Glow Destroyers and Glow Leopards.

SUMMIT COURSE UPDATE, PHOTOS AND VIDEO HERE

Get registered and your name will be here also. You will be in great company.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
          Played Summit Course today. So killer! Jeff Smith posted the best score, a 55. I shot a 60. Dee, the course pro, played too. Can't remember what he shot. The Summit Course is similar to last years layout with a few minor changes. The gondola ride got us up there in 9.5 minutes. Took about 4 hours to play down. Get up there and play. Do it!
          "Can't remember what he shot". Nice way of saying that my score was out of acceptable range.

I came back the second day and did a much better job of keeping it in the Fairway. +12 on the Summit Course is about as good as it gets for me. Hoping to break into single digits next run...

Comment

I checked the scorecard from round one and Dee shot a 79.

Second round scores are as follows:
            I (Ben) shot a 64
            Jeff shot a 55
            Dee shot a 66

In other words,
            Ben shot twice as bad
            Jeff shot the same
            Dee shot twice as good

Comment

Mountain High 2011 Logo

Checkout our Logo/Disc Stamp for this years event.

We will use this on our discs and t-shirts. Innova discs are on order and players can choose from KC Pro Roc, Champion Vulcan, Glow Leopard and Glow Destroyer as a part of their players pack.

More registrations are coming in. A big thanks to those who are getting signed up.

Let's put some peer pressure on each other to get planned and make it happen..

Comment

2 Weeks and counting

Two weeks to go and things are looking great.

The course is as beautiful as ever.

Additional registrations are rolling in but we still need more.

Make sure you get your registration in soon, all am's who register before August 23 will get an awesome "Corningwear" shirt. Thanks to Turis for setting these up again.
                Last edited by mountainhigh; August 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I haven't had enough giant windy as hell steep downhill shots in my life recently so I've decided playing this tournament is a good idea.
                  Read this ^

Comment

A little more info

We are considering this tourney but could really use a little more info on the camping situation. I found the DG map and can see a parking lot but can't really tell where there's camping available. Is it a free for all? Are there actual spots? And the BIG question...are there restrooms and even possible showers?

Any additional info would be appreciated :-)

LKY

Comment

Mountain High Camping Info

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                      We are considering this tourney but could really use a little more info on the camping situation. I found the DG map and can see a parking lot but can't really tell where there's camping available. Is it a free for all? Are there actual spots? And the BIG question...are there restrooms and even possible showers?

Any additional info would be appreciated :-)

LKY
                      Camping is in the parking lots at Crystal Mountain Resort. There are plug in spots for RV's-$20/night.
                      Tent camping is pretty much free and is help yourself. There are no designated tent spots.
                      There are NO SHOWERS OR RESTROOMS in the camping area. Public Bathroom is open 24 hours in the main day lodge. 5-10 minute walk from the main camping area.

There are several USFS campgrounds in the area along Highway 410 with bathrooms. You will need to get there early on Friday to get a spot because they will most likely fill up on Saturday.

Comment

Mountain High Updates...

Mountain High 2011 weekend sponsorship has reached over $2000 cash plus "non cash" donations.

We have received some great last minute sponsorship and are adding a new side game to the 2011 Mountain High.

Saturday Afternoon August 27, we will launch the First Annual-Mountain High Long Distance Drive Competition.

W.J. Byrnes & Company, Seattle Customs Broker has sponsored $500 designated specifically for this event.

Basic Format is as follows:
                        • Entrants must already be registered for the Mountain High DG Tournament
                        • $10/pro, $5/am entry fee
                        • Divisions to be assigned just like the standard tournament
                        • Purse will be divided by total entrants and then designated as per number of entrants in each division.
                        • Payout 25% of each division.
                        • Pro=cash, Am=script

More support=more games=more fun. Come Join in and bring a friend, wife, girlfriend, son, daughter, brother, mother or a stranger for that matter.

We are still looking for more last minute sponsors so help out and sign up for a tee sponsorship (or three).

Comment

Played the course for my first time today.
                          I have to say, there are very few places in this country where you can experience disc golf like this.
                          I recorded 2300' feet of vertical lost from the first tee on the mountain course, to 18 basket down by the gondola.
                          I know a couple of the holes must be 1000' or more from tee to basket, even downhill, this is still a long way to throw.

Tourons from many nations did swarm around some of the baskets near the top, like the apes around the monolith, circling, grunting, tilting thier heads from side to side. It amazes me that after 30 years most people still dont have a clue what this sport is.

Bottom line, this course is EPIC !
                          If you have the chance to play, dont miss it. The flowers are out in full force right now and the course is snow free.

Just wanna say thanks Dee for putting this all together, I cant get back down for the tourney next week, but I did grab a tasty pearly CFR Vulcan from the bar to support the cause, and maybe next year I can make the time for this tourney.

ps* thanks for the left to right holes, Erick and I are both lefties, so we greatly appreciate the consideration

Comment

So will the course be open the following Monday (the 29th) or is the course pulled after the tournament? Thanks in advance.
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

anyone coming from shelton who could bring me my disc that I lost at shelton springs

Comment

Played the Summit course on 8/20/2011. Simply amazing. Captain Jack is right, the wild flowers and green meadow plants are out in full force. There was no snow on the course. It is beautiful. Bring lots of water. A guy who joined up with us ran out of water mid-round. There is a mini mart next to the gondola uploading area to stock up on snacks and beverages. Oh, by-the-way, the insects were annoying in the shade, so I'm bringing bug repellent for the tourney.

Scores were as follows:
                                Jeff Smith = 57
                                Garrett Schwab = 61
                                Ben Minson (me) = 61

Looking forward to this weekend!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X