X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Bad Monkey Open - July 9 & 10 - Leverich Park

Registration will open on May 1st, 2011. The link to registration will be available from the BadMonkeyOpen.com web site.

Plans are under way to make this event even better than last year.
    • When: July 9-10, 2011
    • Where: Leverich Park, Vancouver, WA
    • Format: Singles, 2 rounds on Saturday, 1 on Sunday - Final 9 for Top 4
    • Sponsor: Bad Monkey Bikes
    • Sanctioning: PDGA Tier B - Amateur Only
    • Cost: $45 ($10 PDGA fee for NON-PDGA players)
    • Planned Players Pack: 2 Discraft Bad Monkey Open Discs, T-shirt, more!

-- Another Firefly Disc Golf Production

No reason, but just have to ask...(insert finger in eye)
    Why is an AM Only event called an "Open"?

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

No reason, but just have to ask...(insert finger in eye)
      Why is an AM Only event called an "Open"?

If we're splitting hairs here, then why do they call them "The Giants"?
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Because "Bad Monkey Amateur Open" is too hard to say. Open doesn't refer to the divisions available it refers to the fact that it isn't an invitational.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

Sweet! I love the Bad Monkey socks I won @ Pier a couple years ago. I'll be there...with the socks on!

Comment

Out of curiosity...

Final 9 for Top 4
            All divisions or just the top division like tournaments past? FWIW, I vote for all divisions.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              If we're splitting hairs here, then why do they call them "The Giants"?
              Fair question...but the answer is obvious.

They are the CHAMPIONS of the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                Because "Bad Monkey Amateur Open" is too hard to say. Open doesn't refer to the divisions available it refers to the fact that it isn't an invitational.

Thanks for asking!
                Thanks for answering...

Wasnt trying to be an a**, though I am good at it..

It's just in my 20+ yrs.."OPEN" typically is used when an event is "OPEN" to all , not just AMS.

Comment

Originally posted by magilla View Post
                  fair question...but the answer is obvious.

They are the champions of the world...

second that!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Thanks for answering...

Wasnt trying to be an a**, though I am good at it..

It's just in my 20+ yrs.."OPEN" typically is used when an event is "OPEN" to all , not just AMS.

The length of time we believe something has very little affect on reality.
                    sigpic

Comment

Fair question...but the answer is obvious.

They are the CHAMPIONS of the world...

Well Putt
                      The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

well it is my understanding that using the word "open" in a tournament is refering to the division that is playing. most tournaments also include am divisions, but the tournaments are focused around the Open division.

if there is not Open division, how can a tournament be called an open tournament? and along those lines, you cant say its called open because its open to everybody, because its not open to the Open players.
                        Team HOSER:dancing:
                        Team OLY:cheerleader:
                        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                          well it is my understanding that using the word "open" in a tournament is refering to the division that is playing. most tournaments also include am divisions, but the tournaments are focused around the Open division.

if there is not Open division, how can a tournament be called an open tournament? and along those lines, you cant say its called open because its open to everybody, because its not open to the Open players.
                          [TD]: "I'm sorry but you simply don't suck enough to play with us."

I think it goes a little something like that.
                          haha

Comment

Where are all the "friends of animals" out there that are up in arms because we are calling this event the bad MONKEY open. For those of you that wondered this event is not only NOT Open for Open players but we will also be discriminating against MONKEYS. Also, BAD players are also prohibited.

Effectively immediately the BAD MONKEY OPEN will now be called the GOOD PEOPLE AM ONLY disc golf tournament.

Oh yeah, I really came here to remind everyone that registration opens on Sunday May 1st at http://bit.ly/GoodPeopleAmOnlyDiscGolfTournament formerly http://www.badmonkeyopen.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                              Where are all the "friends of animals" out there that are up in arms because we are calling this event the bad MONKEY open. For those of you that wondered this event is not only NOT Open for Open players but we will also be discriminating against MONKEYS. Also, BAD players are also prohibited.

Effectively immediately the BAD MONKEY OPEN will now be called the GOOD PEOPLE AM ONLY disc golf tournament.

Oh yeah, I really came here to remind everyone that registration opens on Sunday May 1st at http://bit.ly/GoodPeopleAmOnlyDiscGolfTournament formerly http://www.badmonkeyopen.com
                              you should just call it the Sir Gawain Open.
                              since i see his face on the website every time i browse.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X