X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
    So why was the park not entirely closed? I thought the park was all rented out
    Usually the course is reserved, but not the park. It would probably take an exponentially higher amount of money to reserve an entire park.

Nice job, Sam!
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Thanks, Chuck!
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
        So why was the park not entirely closed? I thought the park was all rented out
        Our permit was a NON-EXCLUSIVE Special Use Permit which gave us EXCLUSIVE USE of the disc golf course, the ability to advertise our event, and permission to use the south lot and lock the upper gate.

We also rented the picnic shelter but the trails, picnic tables and other park areas are still open to the public. I can't imagine how much it would cost to get exclusive use of the entire park.

We may want to "reserve" some of the picnic tables closest to the shelter during future events which happens on a first come, first served basis at the park and would be as simple as taping a reserved sign on the tables.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          You only get that Read More link if you are logged in, by the way. You get nothing of the sort other than a "Log In" link, otherwise.
          Fixed it... problem was permissions for users to "View file downloads". Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I want to thank you, Steve... and you as well, Ryan... for a fantastic tournament. And to Pinkal and Dan Carpenter and everyone else who helped put on this great event. It was a ton of fun.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

See Sam Fly at the BMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                See Sam Fly at the BMO!

Foot fault.

Second?

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                  See Sam Fly at the BMO!

<dead horse>

Imagine how much higher he could jump if he was not overladen by so many....

</dead horse>
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Inconclusive. Not saying he didn't, but that picture does prove a foot fault does it? The disc isn't in his hand.

Comment

That is some serious lean into that jump! Great win Sam

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                        Inconclusive. Not saying he didn't, but that picture does prove a foot fault does it? The disc isn't in his hand.
                        Well, I'm joking around of course. BUT, if that red disc on the ground is his marker or close to his marker, you can compare how far past that his feet are to how far out of his hand the disc is.

Comment

because those distances should be the same?

...why am I defending Sam anyway? FOOT FAULT!

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                            because those distances should be the same?

...why am I defending Sam anyway? FOOT FAULT!
                            Not necessarily, and I'm not saying that that is the marker either. BUT, if the disc is 4 inches out of the hand, and the foot is 18 inches past the marker.....of course, the hand is moving forward as fast as the disc...and we have to consider the average speed of an African swallow laden with one medium sized coconut....it's all very complicated.

Comment

Are you suggesting Sam migrates?

Comment

That's not my marker. Always mark the disc and put it behind me. Anyway, I barely got off of the ground because of all of those bags... wait...

FFS... I need a tan!
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X