Greenfest - Leverich Park - May 7th, 2011 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greenfest - Leverich Park - May 7th, 2011

    Stumptown Disc Golf is partnering with the Vancouver Watershed Council to introduce the sport of Disc Golf to an expected crowd of over 500 people coming to Leverich Park on Saturday, May 7th, 2011. We will be setting up a 3 hole demonstration course on in the field near hole 6 incorporating holes 6 and 7 along with a portable basket so families can try out our sport. We need about a dozen volunteers to come out as disc golf guides to help people learn how simple our sport is to start playing. Lunch will be provided by the event.

    Following the event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. I'll be hosting a Stumptown Bag Tag Challenge for all bag tag holders. We may even have some discs to give away or other swag.


    The artwork will be available on exclusive "Green" discs (Innova Rubberwood discs). We will ONLY have 25 Rocs and 25 Aviars available.

    If you are available to help out as a Disc Golf guide, please contact me and let me know you'll be there so I can assign you a job. We'll need guides to go with groups as they play, a couple people to sit at the Stumptown and Firefly booths to talk to people and sell the discs, a couple people to run a putting skills station and a couple people to do an introductory etiquitte talk to small groups. You do NOT need to be an professional or advanced player to volunteer for this event.

    Facebook Page
    Official Event Page

  • #2
    Sounds like fun. Sign me up as a volunteer, but i can only stay until 2:30. If that works, put me on the list!
    Nihilists! F@#$ me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by whalekillah View Post
      Sounds like fun. Sign me up as a volunteer, but i can only stay until 2:30. If that works, put me on the list!
      I'll put you down for the early shift! Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Correction: After meeting with the folks from the Watershed council we are going to be doing the disc golf exploration on the north side of the creek. We'll drop baskets in all three anchors on the "island" for hole 10 and set up three short holes for families to play. The Stumptown Booth will be on that side of the creek also. Most guests will be parking in the far north parking lot anyway so this will work out well for them to walk right past the booth and have a chance to play on their way to the main event/band/food and booths on the south side of the creek.

        BTW: Hole 6 and 7 will be closed during this event as they will have booths set up throughout the field area.

        I still need a few volunteers to help out.

        Comment


        • #5
          I want to help out....only that I am Deaf and I want to get that disc!!! any idea?

          Originally posted by Wog View Post
          Stumptown Disc Golf is partnering with the Vancouver Watershed Council to introduce the sport of Disc Golf to an expected crowd of over 500 people coming to Leverich Park on Saturday, May 7th, 2011. We will be setting up a 3 hole demonstration course on in the field near hole 6 incorporating holes 6 and 7 along with a portable basket so families can try out our sport. We need about a dozen volunteers to come out as disc golf guides to help people learn how simple our sport is to start playing. Lunch will be provided by the event.

          Following the event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. I'll be hosting a Stumptown Bag Tag Challenge for all bag tag holders. We may even have some discs to give away or other swag.


          The artwork will be available on exclusive "Green" discs (Innova Rubberwood discs). We will ONLY have 25 Rocs and 25 Aviars available.

          If you are available to help out as a Disc Golf guide, please contact me and let me know you'll be there so I can assign you a job. We'll need guides to go with groups as they play, a couple people to sit at the Stumptown and Firefly booths to talk to people and sell the discs, a couple people to run a putting skills station and a couple people to do an introductory etiquitte talk to small groups. You do NOT need to be an professional or advanced player to volunteer for this event.

          Facebook Page
          Official Event Page

          Comment


          • #6
            How about volunteering to assist other deaf disc golfers? Wog, can you help this player out?
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nwdeafdiscgolfer View Post
              I want to help out....only that I am Deaf and I want to get that disc!!! any idea?
              I would love to have you there! It is awesome to know that we will be able to communicate with future players that may be deaf. It is also good for other people to see how popular disc golf is with the deaf community. See you there!

              Comment


              • #8
                If you still need help, Randy and I can be there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
                  If you still need help, Randy and I can be there.
                  We do still need help. They are expecting 500 people at this thing and I don't think we can have too many people helping out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    plan on me being there.... I'll do whatever you need bud.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                      plan on me being there.... I'll do whatever you need bud.
                      Thanks Mr. Sines!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You can pre-order a RubberWood commemorative disc at the Firefly Disc Golf store.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So, Randy and I will be there a little before 11. I assume we should go find the booth, and someone will be there to give out jobs. Any other general instructions for volunteers? Does it matter where we park?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
                            So, Randy and I will be there a little before 11. I assume we should go find the booth, and someone will be there to give out jobs. Any other general instructions for volunteers? Does it matter where we park?
                            We'll be in the Hole 10 area of the course. The best parking will be found in the far north parking lot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks to those that came out and volunteered. Steve, Nate, Randy, Karen & Ross

                              The organizers estimate that approximately 400 people braved the weather to attend the event. We had about 50 people play our 3 hole challenge course with borrowed discs and guides. It was great to see the young kids throwing discs and then running up to keep throwing till they made it the 165' to the basket. The Watershed Council was very happy with our involvement and is making plans for next year already.

                              There are still a few of the Commemorative RubberWood Greenfest discs available. You can contact me directly or purchase online if you would like to help out with these fundraiser discs for the Vancouver Watershed.

                              www.FireflyDiscGolf.com/store

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X