2011 Lilac City Open - May 28 & 29, 2011 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Great Pictures, as usual.

    Originally posted by ericedge View Post
    Once again, so glad I came out to Spokane to play the Lilac Open! Bob, Jamie & Gordy (& the rest of the LCO crew) had the courses in great shape and things ran really smoothly. I didn't feel like I played very well (arrrrg!!) but cashed none the less and the pro payouts were impressive for sure. Since I played in the final 10 I wasn't able to do nearly as much photography as I usually do but I did take PICTURES of my group during the finals and caught the lead card toward the end of their round as well.

    I still haven't seen a rattlesnake at four mound, hope to someday. Did see a wild Turkey flying down from the top of one of the mounds while we were milling about up there. The pygmy nuthatches are still nesting in the dead tree by Jumanji's hole 25 teepad too. Beautiful weather all weekend made the tourney a real pleasure to play.
    Cheers, Eric
    thanks for the pictures, ERic. You got some great ones.
    Steve

    Comment


    • #62
      Thanks to all who helped out and made this event possible! And thanks for the upcoming video, that is awesome and much appreciated. I know I'm not technically a local, but given that my first PDGA event, first PDGA open event, first PDGA cash, and first PDGA A-Tier win all came at Four Mound, I think I half-count. Plus I'm on Team Stimp

      Courses were much improved since I'd seen 'em last. Nice shootin' to all. Thanks again for the great weekend, I'll be back!

      Comment


      • #63
        Don't tell me how it ends

        Originally posted by General Scales View Post

        P.S. We filmed the final 10 of the lead card with a high def camera. Editing will start very soon and it will be up for the viewing pleasure of all.
        Of all the times I've hoped someone would do this for us you're the one to finally come through. I can't wait to see how it ends.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by MTChristian View Post
          Thanks to all who helped out and made this event possible! And thanks for the upcoming video, that is awesome and much appreciated. I know I'm not technically a local, but given that my first PDGA event, first PDGA open event, first PDGA cash, and first PDGA A-Tier win all came at Four Mound, I think I half-count. Plus I'm on Team Stimp

          Courses were much improved since I'd seen 'em last. Nice shootin' to all. Thanks again for the great weekend, I'll be back!
          I'd say more local than some of our locals. You are well loved in Spokane, I sure treat you like a local! By the by, that Summer Honey was delicious. Sucks I can't play Zoo Town but it's awesome that one of my favorite libations supports Zoo Town. Next time, bring more beer
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
            Of all the times I've hoped someone would do this for us you're the one to finally come through. I can't wait to see how it ends.
            Yeah, well, I can tell you that I was trying to get three camera's all filming. I couldn't get a hold of the other two people that were going to film. Pretty much was trying to make a professional, dvd quality video of Spokane disc golf in full swing. Best part being we just let the camera roll the whole time so we got a lot of off color stuff that, of course, will not be making the final presentation.

            The Country Cup will be filmed with at least three high def camera's. Hopefully by then I have enough money to get each of my friends a couple of extra battery packs so we can film all the rounds and the finals!

            By the way Gordy, it ends with a putt. Much like all tournaments. Thought you would of known that
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

            Comment


            • #66
              LCO

              Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              Yeah, well, I can tell you that I was trying to get three camera's all filming. I couldn't get a hold of the other two people that were going to film. Pretty much was trying to make a professional, dvd quality video of Spokane disc golf in full swing. Best part being we just let the camera roll the whole time so we got a lot of off color stuff that, of course, will not be making the final presentation.

              The Country Cup will be filmed with at least three high def camera's. Hopefully by then I have enough money to get each of my friends a couple of extra battery packs so we can film all the rounds and the finals!

              By the way Gordy, it ends with a putt. Much like all tournaments. Thought you would of known that

              Any progress ever get made on this LCO video?

              Comment


              • #67
                Yeah I am currently buying another video card as trying to convert it from my hi def camera to my old computer keeps crashing the thing. It does look great however, especially some of the tee shots off the top of the rock and you playing from the water on the second to last hole.

                The most impressive things on that video are as follows. The 18 year old from B'ham throwing that crazy side arm hyzer that planted 30 feet from the basket. Feldbergs diving putt through the tree's to save par. And of course, your birdie on the last hole to seal the deal.

                Didn't get to go to country cup however as I was stuck working so no Hi Def video there. We are planning on doing it all over again at the Farragut Open where I will make sure to have at least two camera's running on all shots. Hopefully I can get three or more and cover all angles on all the shots. I'll keep you posted Christian
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

                Comment


                • #68
                  Any chance you could make it to the Global Event?!? August 20th, High Bridge DGC
                  I would be happy to run a camera or find others who will help.
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                    Any chance you could make it to the Global Event?!? August 20th, High Bridge DGC
                    I would be happy to run a camera or find others who will help.
                    I believe that I am going to be playing at the Global so I would say yes, I will make it to the event. My buddy Casey is actually the one who ran the camera the last time. I have a few friends with some really nice hi def camera's so the more the merrier.

                    Schrack, are you going to be at the Vader Challenge? If so we will figure out a game plan there.

                    Peace
                    Stuart
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

                    Comment

                    Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X