X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live bait

[QUOTE=General Scales;98897]I had a blast yesterday with Scott W. Your guy's hospitality is always tremendous.

Just a heads up for all the players that are playing this year. The mosquito's are out in abundance. Downriver and Highbridge aren't that bad. Four Mounds is terrible. Standing water in the swampy sections means you are going to get eaten alive. Bring bug spray.
    ' It wouldn't be so bad if Stuart wasn't such a tasty treat. ' Gordy. And besides, look on the bright side: it just helps keep play moving. Watch out for Mr. Moose, Christian, those swamps just make him drool.

Comment

Found Discs from 2010 City Cup

Double Dees, Aaron Holly and Bill Clark. One buck only and your disc comes off The Wall of Shame and back to you.

Comment

Rolling Acepot

The Acepot from The DRO has rolled forward to the LCO. That acepot combined with the ace money collected so far for the LCO is in excess of $430. If no one aces at the LCO the pot will roll forward to the Country Cup at 4-mound in July. If uncollected then, it will continue to roll forward throughout the INWS, ultimately to be paid out at the INWS Finals at Farragut in October.

Comment

All I have to say is nobody better hit my ace!
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Need to rethink hole 6 at Downriver.. The new hole is bad at best. Marking an ob line between 6 and 9 would take care of the small issue that has never been one in the last 10 years at Downriver. An ob line would make hole 9 tough again like it used to be when we didn't have boss's wraiths and destroyers that make that hole so easy to par. The new hole is an atrocity. I feel sorry for anyone that ends up on the hill right or can't throw over 280 feet through the non fairway. O.B. on the left of hole 6 would also punish a lefty similar to how righty drives get punished on the mysterious OB hole 2.
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Misinformed

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
              Need to rethink hole 6 at Downriver.. The new hole is bad at best. Marking an ob line between 6 and 9 would take care of the small issue that has never been one in the last 10 years at Downriver. An ob line would make hole 9 tough again like it used to be when we didn't have boss's wraiths and destroyers that make that hole so easy to par. The new hole is an atrocity. I feel sorry for anyone that ends up on the hill right or can't throw over 280 feet through the non fairway. O.B. on the left of hole 6 would also punish a lefty similar to how righty drives get punished on the mysterious OB hole 2.
              I played the LCO layout for Hole six on Saturday and was very surprised. I thought it was great. I was expecting it to be horrindous from the comments from a few peeps here. It's a creative use of terrain and solves a big problem.

Keep in mind I'm a 814 rated player who drives in the mid 200's...

I kept my eye on where I usually see (better players') drives land for hole 9 and I didn't see a conflict. Maybe I'm missing something....

I enjoyed the hole and look forward to playing it in the LCO.

Comment

Creative? um ok. I stand corrected. I know I'm planning on throwing it as hard as I can and hoping to hit my 50 footer
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I played the new layout of six a few times now and it's about 50/50. I have parked it with my Wasp and I have failed to park it with the same Wasp. Seems more like a Merry Christmas/chance type shot. I think it will be a nice break in the layout to have a hole that doesn't require arm power more than it requires technique and luck. Much like hole 4 to me at Downriver.
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

O.B. on the left of hole 6 would also punish a lefty similar to how righty drives get punished on the mysterious OB hole 2.
                    As a lefty, I can attest to the fact that we lefties get punished enough when it comes to course layouts (especially OB markers and tees). With that said, I am very cognizant of the fact that the courses in Spokane are set up quite well for a predominately LHBH dg'er. Wish I could make the tourney!
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Hole 6 @ DR

Wow that is a perfectly thrown together A-tier hole there. I hope the safety factor outweighs the suck factor. Not a big fan of that move. I will play it like I'm playing night golf just throw and hope I don't hit trees in the wide open rhbh hyzer route only shot. I can guarantee more people are in danger from 9's tee now than ever before, lets wait and see. Just my 2 cents worth on the new tee, I have a bunch of change left but that hole only deserves 2 cents now.

Comment

rhbh hyzer route only shot
                        suck
                        not a big fan of that move
                        What he said. Haven't seen the hole yet, but I completely agree with this sentiment.

Ever notice how all of the smileys are left-handed?
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                          What he said. Haven't seen the hole yet, but I completely agree with this sentiment.

Ever notice how all of the smileys are left-handed?
                          Yeah I noticed that but never commented on that due to not wanting to seem especially lame. Perhaps it's a sign of how the emoticons want to see courses designed?
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

The emoticon on the right is a righty. All of our courses are more than lefty friendly. Tom Stephens threw a LBH on that hole and had the same 45 footer I had.. What a lame hole
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              The emoticon on the right is a righty. All of our courses are more than lefty friendly. Tom Stephens threw a LBH on that hole and had the same 45 footer I had.. What a lame hole
                              Ummnnn....well don't ever play Brown Deer or any of the courses in Flagstaff....

Differents strokes I guess...

Comment

Not sure what the courses in flagstaff have to do with the public courses in spokane... Are you saying that our courses are not lefty freindly? I'd love to hear anyone make that case.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X