2011 Lilac City Open - May 28 & 29, 2011 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I went out and took in 4 mound yesterday with Gordy. Man is that place looking sweet. Still some water hazards here and there, Green everywhere with waxy looking yellow flowers and elegant purple flowers growing all over the place.

    I looked at a few of the changes Gordy has planned for the Jumanji Course and really liked what he is proposing.

    The Intermediate and other divisions that will be playing on the Porcupine 13 will be getting a whole new challenge this year. They will play part of the Pro Final 10 course.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

    Comment


    • #17
      The new Super Color Buzzz's came in yesterday. They look good and deserve a place on any disc golfers living room wall. Call me if you would like one. 509 991-1807
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

      Comment


      • #18
        The moose is loose

        WE have a two-year old hanging around the Mound. Jaymie and our boys followed him from Hawk 18 down to the 17th tee of Cape Tear and over to the 'Avenue of the Giants' tee. We got a great pic of Mr. Moose standing on the tee. If we had audio you could hear him say, 'Let's tee off!' I will try to get my boys to post some of the pics here.
        The next day, yesterday, I was re-working the OB line for Porky 18 and was running a new set of stakes up the southeast side of the fairway towards the tee when I looked up and there's Mr. Moose again standing right behind the tee munching on the fresh syringia blossoms. I was on the little roadway in front of the tee about 50' from the 7' BEAST. I whistled and hailed the moose by name....'Mr. Moose, Mr. Moose.... and so forth. Since I was by myself I thought it best to get back to my work, heading in the opposite direction. The moose, left to his own resources, just munched away right there until it was time for me to go. Altogether a very good two days at the Mound.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
          The new Super Color Buzzz's came in yesterday. They look good and deserve a place on any disc golfers living room wall. Call me if you would like one. 509 991-1807
          That's a very familiar looking logo. Like from a past LCO maybe?
          PDGA #42116

          Comment


          • #20
            Similar, but not the same.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

            Comment


            • #21
              Couch Surfing...

              I can't wait for this year's Lilac City Open. It's been on my list of WA events to play for a long time. Great job making it into an A-tier and attracting some elite competition.

              Are there any locals willing to put me up for the weekend? I'm going to be coming up on Thursday with Tim Skellenger. He's going to be getting a hotel with his girlfriend and I'm looking to crash with a local... Thanks!!
              Disc Golf Accessories

              Comment


              • #22
                There's always camping

                If you're the hearty type you can camp at 4-mound for cheap ($7 or 8 bucks for the weekend with free fire wood). You could probably catch a lift into town for the Sat. events with others if you don't have a vehicle. There will be food (for a price) available Sunday afternoon. Wherever you land, we can't wait to see you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've been wondering about this since I signed up. How does the meal deal thing work out? I mean I paid for the two meals that were being offered but how is that being tracked. Does everybody who signed up for the meal get a ticket? Or is it something like the names of those who paid are on a list and the cook will have to check them off as they come through? Just curious.

                  Also, what are the discs for the Lilac City Open this year? Hopefully not another Vulcan or something flippy as such.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    I've been wondering about this since I signed up. How does the meal deal thing work out? I mean I paid for the two meals that were being offered but how is that being tracked. Does everybody who signed up for the meal get a ticket? Or is it something like the names of those who paid are on a list and the cook will have to check them off as they come through? Just curious.

                    Also, what are the discs for the Lilac City Open this year? Hopefully not another Vulcan or something flippy as such.
                    the cook (which is me ) will have a list of the PAID meals AND i will be checking off the list i have MORE food then players . i priced this out with 150 ppl coming out so i should be able to keep track of the paid meals .. but thanks for asking ..

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Preparations and practice rounds

                      Aaron Baker came out yesterday and single-handedly trimmed almost all the tees and greens on both the Porky '13' and Jumanji. My field mower and I are rekindling a relationship that ended last fall and have managed to pilot a fairway through most of the holes. There's more to do. Some fairways will be left 'long' because they won't support my equipment.If anyone wants to do some hand-held work on 'Final 10' #2 and #9 that would give me a big boost.
                      There will be all the fresh cold good water we need. The fire wood is split and the camping areas are mowed. Bring repellent.
                      Practice rounds Through Friday will be available @ $5 per car so carpool . Visitors will also be welcome at $5 per car, especially on Sunday.
                      Thanks to all who have helped along the way and all those who are volunteering for the weekend.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                        Aaron Baker came out yesterday and single-handedly trimmed almost all the tees and greens on both the Porky '13' and Jumanji. My field mower and I are rekindling a relationship that ended last fall and have managed to pilot a fairway through most of the holes. There's more to do. Some fairways will be left 'long' because they won't support my equipment.If anyone wants to do some hand-held work on 'Final 10' #2 and #9 that would give me a big boost.
                        There will be all the fresh cold good water we need. The fire wood is split and the camping areas are mowed. Bring repellent.
                        Practice rounds Through Friday will be available @ $5 per car so carpool . Visitors will also be welcome at $5 per car, especially on Sunday.
                        Thanks to all who have helped along the way and all those who are volunteering for the weekend.
                        I had a blast yesterday with Scott W. Your guy's hospitality is always tremendous.

                        Just a heads up for all the players that are playing this year. The mosquito's are out in abundance. Downriver and Highbridge aren't that bad. Four Mounds is terrible. Standing water in the swampy sections means you are going to get eaten alive. Bring bug spray. Deer ticks are also in abundance. Had four on me yesterday when I went home. Long hair should be in a hat to keep the free riding parasites at bay.

                        See everyone Saturday!
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Lookin' forward to it!

                          Glad to be making it back to the Lilac City Open! Site of my first Open cash ever, back in 2006. Four Mounds always has a special place in my heart! Can't wait to mix it up with the stacked player field that'll be making the trip. Way to go to all those who've stepped up and made this an A-Tier event...I sure know how much work is entailed!

                          I'll have SPECIAL EDITION Big Sky "Zoo Town" Summer Honey, with a just-for-the-tournament label, available at the LCO by overwhelming popular demand. $5 for one (highly collectible!) or $10 for a six-pack. All proceeds to the Zoo Town Open.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by MTChristian View Post
                            Glad to be making it back to the Lilac City Open! Site of my first Open cash ever, back in 2006. Four Mounds always has a special place in my heart! Can't wait to mix it up with the stacked player field that'll be making the trip. Way to go to all those who've stepped up and made this an A-Tier event...I sure know how much work is entailed!

                            I'll have SPECIAL EDITION Big Sky "Zoo Town" Summer Honey, with a just-for-the-tournament label, available at the LCO by overwhelming popular demand. $5 for one (highly collectible!) or $10 for a six-pack. All proceeds to the Zoo Town Open.
                            Put me down for a sixer. I won't be playing the Zoo Town Open but the sticker from what I heard, has the Zoo Town Open logo on it. I will definitely be enjoying this beer.

                            Stuart
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              how come it seems like everytime i have to register online for a tourney the fee seems to go up? literally every time this year it's happened. how has it gotten so high? why does it have to be that way? am i the only one who thinks this is outrageous??

                              it can't simply be the credit card company raising their prices. Because i'm only using one credit card and getting charged $11 to register two players. I'm not even a person who is affraid to spend money, i just don't like being taken.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                A Purse update

                                The net pro entry for the Lco currently stands at $3000 mol. This is the gross fee minus the INWS Standard deductions (Series fee, $4 + PDGA player fee,$4+ Host Fee,$2+ trophy fee,$1 =$11). Our added cash to this Super Tour purse is currently just north of $2600 which means the overall pro purse in the aggregate exceeds $5600. If a dozen more pros signed up this week that would put the aggregate purse north of $6600. We are pleased to be hosting the toughest field ever here in Spokane(we've had some pretty severe competition in the past) and are proud to present to all comers our largest purse ever.
                                Gordy #21004

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X