Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results here

Black (PRO) Course PAR 63, SSA = 60
    Red (AM) Course PAR 60, SSA = 52

Really happy with both of these numbers. Great job today Mason County.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
      Results here

Black (PRO) Course PAR 63, SSA = 60
      Red (AM) Course PAR 60, SSA = 52

Really happy with both of these numbers. Great job today Mason County.
      Allow me to be first to compliment The MCDG club for an outstanding tournament this weekend. The Course was simply amazing and challenging, The tourney - perfectly organized and professional. Above all, It was great to hang out and play golf with my cool neighbors to the north ...that is to say, MCDG rocks!
      "Showdown in Sheltown" has definately made my "must play" tourney list.
      Thanks for a great weekend, and look forward to next year!
      -craig nielsen
      Last edited by Fridgecat; August 14th, 2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I echo the sentiments of my fellow competitors this weekend! Excellent job and thank you gentlemen! (and their wives who let them disappear from home in recent weeks!)

Hope to see you all at Whiners in a month where you can relax and play!

Gilbert, I forgot to pick up my Epi-Pen, but I would like it back eventually. No rush, just hand it to any West Sound guy the next time you see one of us. Hope it can give a little "emergency" peace of mind to Mason County in the mean-time.
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

I wanted to thank the club and crew, I don't know names, I just saw faces and lots of them that were there to do nothing but serve us. Your time was very much appreicated.

Chris-- It was obviously a mind boggling amount of effort and time spent getting every detail right, I Hope you are extremely proud of your hard work it was well thought out and executed. It was an honor to play such a challenging course and be treated so well. A BIG tip of the cap, I hope you get some rest sir.

A special thank you to Spider-Dan for all the great plastic, it's always a pleasure seeing that treasures you may bring.
          Last edited by Rolly; August 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM.
          "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
          PDGA # 42821
          Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

nice 1024 Rolly

Comment

Group pic at the Showdown

Comment

Thanks for a great weekend !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
                  I wanted to thank the club and crew, I don't know names, I just saw faces and lots of them that were there to do nothing but serve us. Your time was very much appreicated.

Chris-- It was obviously a mind boggling amount of effort and time spent getting every detail right, I Hope you are extremely proud of your hard work it was well thought out and executed. It was an honor to play such a challenging course and be treated so well. A BIG tip of the cap, I hope you get some rest sir.

A special thank you to Spider-Dan for all the great plastic, it's always a pleasure seeing that treasures you may bring.

Thanks Rolly, and everybody else who came out to support us, I slept like a baby last night!

I can't take the credit though, I just happened to be the lucky guy/ loud guy that got to do the announcements! Morgan was the brains behind the operation. The guy is a computer wiz, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't require sleep!

It was the behind the scenes stuff that made it work so well, niether one of us could have done anything without the rest of the crew....
                  Rich "Bake" Baker, Chris Auseth, Ray "Fish" Rothrock, Rex Grey, Troy Ciganowski, Jason "The Chef", Scotty Flemming, and the rest of the MCDG Crew!

We are already talking about next years Showdown!

Chris Gilberts
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Everyone kept asking, so here it is one more time. Take the salmon filet and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on it. Salt and pepper, then some Dill weed. Let that stand for awhile so the lemon juice will break down the spices and soak into the fish. When you place on the grill, spead on the sauce. Just mix half Stone Ground Mustard with Pure Maple Syrup. YEP, it's that simple.
                    DON"T overcook it!!!!!!

Comment

• Ha Ha Dill Weed thats Funny still the best fish i have ever had !!!

Comment

• Thanks to all for a super smooth tournament experience. Communications, camping, course conditions, food, and everything else was well planned and executed perfectly from a player perspective.

The course is phenomenal and lived up to all of the great things I heard about it. I enjoyed it more each time I played it and more than any other course I've played. Par fours and fives should be mandatory for all new course plans. I expect some very good golfers to be coming out of that area in the years to come.
                        Read this ^

Comment

• How was the "The Shoot- Out” Pro/Am Skins?

Was there any amazing shots / highlights?

Did all eight players get a piece of the pot or did a couple of teams clean house?

Sounds like I missed another great event. Hopefully, next year's Showdown won't conflict with my schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                            How was the "The Shoot- Out” Pro/Am Skins?

Was there any amazing shots / highlights?

Did all eight players get a piece of the pot or did a couple of teams clean house?

Sounds like I missed another great event. Hopefully, next year's Showdown won't conflict with my schedule.
                            Chandler Fry and Paul Wright got teamed up for the final nine skins..

There was some very nice shots and a pretty big gallery. Was an excellent way to finish out the tourney, $50.00 a hole skins.

Comment

• Thank you all!

It was a wonderfully ran event and you made all of us from Whidbey Island/ Disc Addiction feel at home!

We look forward to seeing some of you down here, in our neck of the woods, for the RISING ISLAND OPEN on Saturday!
                              www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                              www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

• Final Nine skins - it was actually nice to see most of the nine being standard layout holes (vs crazy safari, there was one(?) safari version of 16). It works at the Springs since the selected multi-shot holes on the course offered some with scoring spread opportunities, good viewing options, and it served as reference for gallery players who played these exact holes minutes earlier.

I know its never good to be encouraged by the challenges of others... but there were comments of relief by many gallery members when virtually all skins players failed to really get out of the tunnel well on 10 black.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X