Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Disc Shootout - following the third round of the Showdown in Sheltown

The top four players from the Open divisions paired with the top four players from the Am divisions. $50 a hole alternate shot doubles skins played on a final 9 layout unique to 70+ acres of madness we call Shelton Springs.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
      Olympic Disc Shootout - following the third round of the Showdown in Sheltown

The top four players from the Open divisions paired with the top four players from the Am divisions. $50 a hole alternate shot doubles skins played on a final 9 layout unique to 70+ acres of madness we call Shelton Springs.
      That sounds like a much better idea than a raffle.

Is there any idea to stop the intentional missed short putts to get the pro driving for the next hole. Maybe a payout bonus for top two overall scores?
      Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
        That sounds like a much better idea than a raffle.

Is there any idea to stop the intentional missed short putts to get the pro driving for the next hole. Maybe a payout bonus for top two overall scores?
        Everybody drives.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I take that to mean that each successive hole will be driven by all 4 Pros, or all 4 Ams, in alternating fashion? So for example Pros might take the tee shots for all the odd-numbered holes and Ams would take the tee shots on even-numbered holes? I assume that's how it would work, since in skins some pairs don't even need to putt out if the hole has already been won or pushed...

this is an incredibly exciting format, guys. Bravo! I mean come on, pairing the top 4 players across ALL Open divisions with the top 4 across ALL Am divisions?? Brilliant! (specifically, I'm envisioning how cool it'd be to see a lights-out Paul Wright/Jeff Elliot helping a red-hot Mike Werth/Scott Papa/Kurt Bayne take down a $300 skin...)

congratulations and nice work on the latest, greatest sponsor!
          anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

I think it would be more in the line of all four pros and all four ams tee off on every 9 holes then the next shot after that would be in alternating fashion until hole is finished.

For example, S. Papa and C. Gilberts are a team and they both tee off on hole one. C. Gilbert's tee shot is obviously a little better than S. Papa's so S. Papa would then take the next shot from C. Gilbert's lie. Then after S. Papa throws somewhere in a different direction and they spend 2 minutes and 59 seconds to locate it C. Gilbert would then throw from S. Papa's mistake......I mean lie...... and so on and so forth until the final putt is made (more than likely by C. Gilbert). Then on hole two both players would then tee off and rely on C. Gilbert to carry the team once again.

This example in no way reflects any actual disc golf players or how the outcome could be determine. The names in this example is purely fictional and any living persons with the same name would be coincidental and not use in any intentional manner..............
            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Hilarity!

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                I think it would be more in the line of all four pros and all four ams tee off on every 9 holes then the next shot after that would be in alternating fashion until hole is finished.

For example, S. Papa and C. Gilberts are a team and they both tee off on hole one. C. Gilbert's tee shot is obviously a little better than S. Papa's so S. Papa would then take the next shot from C. Gilbert's lie. Then after S. Papa throws somewhere in a different direction and they spend 2 minutes and 59 seconds to locate it C. Gilbert would then throw from S. Papa's mistake......I mean lie...... and so on and so forth until the final putt is made (more than likely by C. Gilbert). Then on hole two both players would then tee off and rely on C. Gilbert to carry the team once again.

This example in no way reflects any actual disc golf players or how the outcome could be determine. The names in this example is purely fictional and any living persons with the same name would be coincidental and not use in any intentional manner..............

You are correct Dan, all players (both Pro and Am) will tee off on every hole. It will play out as alternate shot after the tee.

Are you sure that example is fiction? I think I know that Papa guy.....

Comment

I hope everybody likes fresh caught Alaskan Salmon, because courtesy of Ray "Fish" Rothrock, that's what we are grilling up for lunch on Saturday! How much will this delectable meal cost you say, how about we include it in the cost of admission!

It just keeps getting better.......

Comment

I like the skins format. and I like salmon. holy smokes! or grills, or frying pans or whatever
                    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Last concrete pour will be Wed July 27 @ 3:00 so come early to dubs and help out if you like.
                      sigpic

Comment

Registration is up and will be updated every few days until the event.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/67776
                        sigpic

Comment

Tee Signs Shelton Springs

Comment

Almost done !!!

Comment

Tee signs Shelton Springs

Comment

Sorry pic's are a little fuzzy

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module