Clear All

• Showdown in Sheltown Aug 13-14

Mason County Disc Golf proudly presents:

The Showdown in Sheltown

* Aug. 13th-14th, 2011

* Shelton Springs DGC, Shelton, WA

* PDGA sanctioned B-tier, Pro/AM event

* Field limited to 72

Online registration will be through nwsignups.com look for posts on this forum as to the date regs. will open.

This will be the first ever sanctioned event at the new Shelton Springs DGC.

Info will be posted as it it finalized. Questions to chrisgilberts@msn.com or morganrothrock@gmail.com
    Last edited by olydiscgolf; March 19th, 2011, 08:34 AM.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

This is going to be a can't miss tourney. The mason county guys do a great job plus the course rocks!!
    A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Things are starting to shape up for the Showdown! The crew is working hard on the course...artwork is being finalized, sponsorship money is coming in, camping arrangements are lined up, (Friday through Monday). The Chef is lined up for some great grub.

Only 3 1/2 months to go!

Comment

Registration will be opening up for PAID MCDG Members on Thursday the 7th of July through http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...=index&cPath=1.

Open registration will be Monday the 11th of July. Due to the huge response we've had, my advice is to pay up your membership to the club and insure your spot. I will be taking club sign ups this weekend at FSO, or you can pay up at Wed. night doubles.

We will be offering 6 divisions.

Open Men
        Open Women
        Open Masters
        Advanced Men
        Advanced Master
        Advanced Women

All open Divisions = $75
        All advanced Divisions = $55
        Non-PDGA members = +$10
        Ace pot =$5

Primitive Camping is available Friday through Monday for $10. There is no drinking water available, but there will be a porta potty. Camping is about 5-7 mins from the course.

All Amateur's will receive a sweet players pack featuring a custom embroidered pull over wind jacket.

Look forward to a new twist on Final 9 Skins!

Sponsorships are available; $50 tee sign, and logo or business card in caddy book. $100 for 3 tee signs and half page in caddy book.

Contact me for more info chrisgilberts@msn.com
        Last edited by olydiscgolf; July 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Hmm, no camping for the actual weekend though?
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I have a question. Just wondering why Intermediate Men isn't being offered? Not trying to offend, just curious, thanks in advance.

Thomas
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Hmm, no camping for the actual weekend though?
              Yes Tim, camping is available Friday through Monday of "the actual weekend"!

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                I have a question. Just wondering why Intermediate Men isn't being offered? Not trying to offend, just curious, thanks in advance.

Thomas
                Because we can only except 72 golfers, we felt we could better serve the players by limiting the divisions offered. The divisions we chose, will not exclude anybody from playing.

Comment

Please believe me when I say we agonized over this decision. I think we are making the right call and hope next year we will honor all divisions and take 144 players.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                    Yes Tim, camping is available Friday through Monday of "the actual weekend"!
                    Oh, derp, was frantic at work and read "Monday through Friday."
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Because we can only except 72 golfers, we felt we could better serve the players by limiting the divisions offered. The divisions we chose, will not exclude anybody from playing.
                      Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                      Please believe me when I say we agonized over this decision. I think we are making the right call and hope next year we will honor all divisions and take 144 players.
                      No worries guys, just curious. I'm hoping to get to play this. Haven't played the new tee pads yet but looking forward to it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Registration will be opening up for PAID MCDG Members on Thursday the 7th of July through http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...=index&cPath=1.

Open registration will be Monday the 11th of July. Due to the huge response we've had, my advice is to pay up your membership to the club and insure your spot. I will be taking club sign ups this weekend at FSO, or you can pay up at Wed. night doubles.
                        Is there a way to become a club member other than finding someone in person? I checked the website but it just said find a club officer at the next event you attend. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, but I live 2 hours North of you guys and it's hard for me to get down there but I would love to become a member and assure my spot for this!

Also which pads are being used for this? I want to get to play the black pads (pro pads? :\) as much as possible so I'll play which ever division that is. Again sorry for all of the questions I'm just super interested in this event and I haven't time to play much tournaments this year. I appreciate it! Can't wait to play the new tee pads. You guys ROCK!!!

Thomas

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          Is there a way to become a club member other than finding someone in person? I checked the website but it just said find a club officer at the next event you attend. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, but I live 2 hours North of you guys and it's hard for me to get down there but I would love to become a member and assure my spot for this!

Also which pads are being used for this? I want to get to play the black pads (pro pads? :\) as much as possible so I'll play which ever division that is. Again sorry for all of the questions I'm just super interested in this event and I haven't time to play much tournaments this year. I appreciate it! Can't wait to play the new tee pads. You guys ROCK!!!

Thomas
                          Thomas, we are working on getting club member signups online. It hasn't happened yet, but we should have something concrete in the next few days. Keep checking back here for more info.

Most likely, the black pads will be played twice by all divisions.

Comment

Gilby, was thinking i could take the water tank out to the camp area (the one that we have used for the tee pads) for washing and what not? I wouldent drink out of it ??? Let me know

Comment

Registration is now live

HERE

Registration is only open for current club members until July 11th. If you sign up before the 11th and are not a club member, your transaction will be terminated. Current club members are listed on the registration page.

You may pay your club dues and become a club member while registering for this event, and that will keep your transaction from being terminated.

Mike Rideout
                              WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X