X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    It was good although the ghost group and was very annoying to get stuck behind. Serious back ups all around the course because of it. Overall great, liked hole 2 (probably one of the few). Will be back next year to seek revenge.

One question, I heard and was around people that had heard that some of the basket positions were going to change on Sunday since there are like 4 or 5 collars still in the ground. What happened there?

After much 'disc'ussion the TD and staff opted to keep the course in the same configuration to get a solid three rounds on the same course for the course rating. When all of the new pins are in (hopefully before LCO) and measured and ready to go, we will hopefully go to a rotation system similar to High Bridge.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Well that makes sense. Thanks Bob and great tournament.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

A little more about ratings

Another 'disc'usion the TD and the officials had was over whether the Final "9" would qualify as a rated round since there were 22 propagators going out. It was brought up that the PDGA sets a minimum of 13 holes of play for a round to be rated so we concluded the '9' would not be rated....During that round I was asked by a player if the round was to be rated because they were having a terrible time and would rather drop out, forfeit their winnings, and not have this event affect their player rating. I assured them the round would not be rated based on the conclusion above. In the meantime I see there are ratings for the'9' on the results page so I potentially have an upset player to answer. The only consolation I have to offer at this time also comes from the PDGA; Players who withdraw or fail to turn in their scorecards at the end of play in order to protect their player rating are subject to separate penalties and/or sanctions from the PDGA. (see Competition Manual, section 3 under player misconduct,3.3,#13. .....I'll wait to see if the ratings for the '9' stand and if so I'm sorry for giving the player information that I thought was accurate. In light of the player's clear intent to protect their rating from a high score, however, I think the 'letter' of a high level of player conduct remained intact. ....This issue of withdrawls and player conduct came to my attention during the final counting of cards at the Officials table when it became known that other players had not turned in their cards and thus had raised the 'suggestion' that an attempt to protect individual ratings was afoot.

Comment

"withdrawls" asks an interisting question the comp manuel states
          < 14 full refund -10% cash
          14-7 half refund *
          >7 no refund *

*disclaimer TD discression is always first choice to amount or type of compensation (PP)
          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            "withdrawls" asks an interisting question the comp manuel states
            < 14 full refund -10% cash
            14-7 half refund *
            >7 no refund *

*disclaimer TD discression is always first choice to amount or type of compensation (PP)
            any reason that this is here? is this for DRO or just some random infomation? just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
              any reason that this is here? is this for DRO or just some random infomation? just wondering
              Jub is talking about withdrawls prior to the event. I'm referring to withdrawl during the event. Maybe it would be better if I called it 'did not finish'. G.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                Another 'disc'usion the TD and the officials had was over whether the Final "9" would qualify as a rated round since there were 22 propagators going out. It was brought up that the PDGA sets a minimum of 13 holes of play for a round to be rated so we concluded the '9' would not be rated....During that round I was asked by a player if the round was to be rated because they were having a terrible time and would rather drop out, forfeit their winnings, and not have this event affect their player rating. I assured them the round would not be rated based on the conclusion above. In the meantime I see there are ratings for the'9' on the results page so I potentially have an upset player to answer. The only consolation I have to offer at this time also comes from the PDGA; Players who withdraw or fail to turn in their scorecards at the end of play in order to protect their player rating are subject to separate penalties and/or sanctions from the PDGA. (see Competition Manual, section 3 under player misconduct,3.3,#13. .....I'll wait to see if the ratings for the '9' stand and if so I'm sorry for giving the player information that I thought was accurate. In light of the player's clear intent to protect their rating from a high score, however, I think the 'letter' of a high level of player conduct remained intact. ....This issue of withdrawls and player conduct came to my attention during the final counting of cards at the Officials table when it became known that other players had not turned in their cards and thus had raised the 'suggestion' that an attempt to protect individual ratings was afoot.

Gordy,

I was the guy questioning you about the Final 9 being rated. After being assured I was a little surprised to see that the final 9 was rated.

After reading that "players who withdraw or fail to turn in their scorecards at the end of play in order to protect their player rating (which was my intent) is against pdga rules"..... I have no hard feelings

I would much rather shoot bad and be legit then brake the pdga rules and be penalized for doing so.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that if you're rated round (837) is 100 points lower then you rating (953) that round would not count towards your rating.

Is there still hope afterall???

Matt-

Comment

On another note,

You said "This issue of withdrawls and player conduct came to my attention during the final counting of cards at the Officials table when it became known that other players had not turned in their cards and thus had raised the 'suggestion' that an attempt to protect individual ratings was afoot"

If I had known the round was going to be rated I would have dropped out! Know question about it!!! Of course this is prior to my knowledge of the rule.

So, as an official would you have reported me to the PDGA for doing so?

Just curious....

Comment

My interpretation of the rule - as a certified official - would be to say that if a player intentionally quit during a round by either purposely playing poorly to drop a rating so much that it would fall 100 point or more than 2 Standard Deviations below their rating, or intentionally did not play their last shot so as to not officially finish a round, or not turn in their scorecard for a completed round then yes that would be in violation of the above rule that Gordy mentioned and would be reportable to the PDGA (as I think it should be, you are only cheating your self and falsely inflating your rating by doing so). I am not sure how this would apply to a final 9 playoff situation though. It would probably apply as long as the final 9 layout was announced in advance then it would be up to the player to decide whether or not to enter the tournament at all because the finals layout was announced in advance. Just my interpretation of the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                      at last minute it was decided it would go against the PDGA`S rules
                      It's not against PDGA rules to use different course layouts, so I'm not sure where this came from.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                        My interpretation of the rule - as a certified official - would be to say that if a player intentionally quit during a round by either purposely playing poorly to drop a rating so much that it would fall 100 point or more than 2 Standard Deviations below their rating, or intentionally did not play their last shot so as to not officially finish a round, or not turn in their scorecard for a completed round then yes that would be in violation of the above rule that Gordy mentioned and would be reportable to the PDGA (as I think it should be, you are only cheating your self and falsely inflating your rating by doing so). I am not sure how this would apply to a final 9 playoff situation though. It would probably apply as long as the final 9 layout was announced in advance then it would be up to the player to decide whether or not to enter the tournament at all because the finals layout was announced in advance. Just my interpretation of the rules.
                        this seems to make a lot of sense ...

parks , that`s what i was told .. i can be wrong some times. ( i hope 85% of the time i am right or .. could that be wrong .. my math is not really good lately )

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                          So, what your saying is he should report me for shooting 100 points under my rating?

Comment

Originally posted by mcbentz View Post
                            So, what your saying is he should report me for shooting 100 points under my rating?
                            If you did it deliberately.
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by mcbentz View Post
                              Matt, You did nothing wrong. Your tough time in the Final Nine was in no way intentional. I only brought up your particular situation because it seemed to me relative to the instance of other player's cards not being turned in. As I was not the Director, it would not be up to me to rule on disqualification. As a marshal or as an official I do report back to the Director but in your case there was no cause for action; .... In my own rounds we had some lively rules discussions among ourselves and my objectives as a player include continuing to educate myself and my co-players about standards of play, and not to be on a mission to hand out penalties.......The rules keep changing and it is difficult for players AND officials to keep up with what's expected of them. Our first Super Tour is coming up over Memorial Day and I'm sure we'll all be in the cross-hairs. Come play with us again. Gordy.

Comment

Good ole DR

Can I talk about what a great weekend I had with youall yet? For me, I did my best and then I did my worst. It was great while it was going good and when I collapsed I took it in stride. Its just way to nice at Downriver on a spring day to 'blow up' and and spoil such a good time. Thanks to everyone who came out and who helped out and especially to Bob who pulled this event out of nowhere, got it on the schedule and put it all together in about three weeks. Gordy

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X