Battle of Seattle **WSS B-tier** presented by Chainbanger'z June 11/12 Seatac/Lakewood Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Rideout and Tim. Well done guys. Awesome tourney, smooth and well organized. I also wanted to thank and congratulate Erik Illg. It's great to see you get back for how much you put it to Seatac.
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

WOW, that must have been an interesting final 9?

Comment

I am curious why the Open payout is prominently posted but not the Am side?
        I heard $20 scrip for first in AM II (53 players), $35 for Adv Master (12)

Upon further review:
        Looking over official pDGA results. It seems nearly 85% of all tournaments do not post AM payouts.

I call on all Tournament directors to volunteeringly include the value of scrip/place when posting their results officially. Or post, why they declined to participate ?
        Last edited by LJ Jubner; June 14th, 2011, 07:26 AM. Reason: additional research in bold
        rewindb.com

Comment

"You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Jub, I don’t really care about you, anything you have to say, or anything you call upon. I also don’t really care if people feel that I should expose all the books – it’s not going to happen. If players don’t feel they’re getting their monies worth, they can play a different event.

The number of players in a division has nothing to do with the division’s payout. It's the cost per player you need to be worried about.

Intermediates paid $35 to play. Player's packs & tourney costs were higher than $35. When you combined the loss taken from all 53 intermediate players and make that financial hole even deeper with the $305 total payout for the intermediate division - Intermediate players having nothing but good things happening. They got way more than they paid for.

Advanced divisions had a few buck left after their entry fees & we added cash to all those divisions as well.
            Last edited by Rideout; June 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM.
            WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                Jub, I donít really care about you, anything you have to say, or anything you call upon. I also donít really care if people feel that I should expose all the books Ė itís not going to happen. If players donít feel theyíre getting their monies worth, they can play a different event.

The number of players in a division has nothing to do with the divisionís payout. It's the cost per player you need to be worried about.

Intermediates paid $35 to play. Player's packs & tourney costs were higher than $35. When you combined the loss taken from all 53 intermediate players and make that financial hole even deeper with the $305 total payout for the intermediate division - Intermediate players having nothing but good things happening. They got way more than they paid for.

Advanced divisions had a few buck left after their entry fees & we added cash to all those divisions as well.
                Rock on Rideout!

I have NEVER been disappointed with a Rideout tournament. Sure, I've been disappointed by my play more than a few times... but never by the event itself.

Jub... seriously... give it a rest.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                  Jub, I donít really care about you, anything you have to say, or anything you call upon. I also donít really care if people feel that I should expose all the books Ė itís not going to happen. If players donít feel theyíre getting their monies worth, they can play a different event.
                  This may be my favorite post. Ever.

Comment

I am not saying anything was shady!!!

I realize costs eat up payout it just would be nice to know how much each place got.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

After reading your post, Jub, I deduced that you were implying the payouts were 'Jubberish'. What's that old saying... your mouth is writing more checks than your ass can cash?
                      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Geez Jub do you think all the people on the forum cant see right thru your probe and what your intentions are by doing so? Is the CSI scandal still getting at you? Looks like your just trying to pull someone down to your level...

Comment

Oh and by the way, Great job on the tourney! The player packs were great and everything went smoothly from start to finish... You guys ran a great show and it was fun watching the action packed final 9!

Comment

Tourney was Great

Originally posted by maynard View Post
                            Oh and by the way, Great job on the tourney! The player packs were great and everything went smoothly from start to finish... You guys ran a great show and it was fun watching the action packed final 9!
                            So I was the one who had some things to say about the raymond Seick invitational. Wow the TD for battle of seattle really stepped up and ran a great event from an Am's perspective.
                            My version included playing the Dub's the night before with the gentlemen although new to disc golf who were the ones from natural creations who put in the tee pads and benches. Great playing with them and thanks for all the hard work you put in there.
                            Seatac sucked but hey its seatac. Lakewood was good both days. i like playing the same course but different.
                            The payouts. i finished in like 20th and was happy that i got as much scrit as i did. because again being from the east side its nice to go home with at least one disc (non players pack).
                            Thank you again players pack was awesome. A disc of the event, a mini, cool chainbangers stuff, shirt, and the rest really made my $40 event worth it, even if i were to finish dead last.
                            Event ran smothly except the second round at seatac we were all there like WTF where is the TD.
                            The awards ceremony,raffle, thank yous people needed to speak louder come yell at us.
                            All in All cant wait to play future events held there.
                            Ohh yeah and SQUIRREL!
                            "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
                            -K Gas

Comment

Thatís pretty funny that you guys thought you were waiting such a long time for the TD on Saturday afternoon. The flier said that the second round players meeting would be about 2:15 and that the round would start at about 2:30.

After coordinating all the scores with the other course, I pulled into TC at Seatac at 2:25 and had the round started at 2:40.

I try to run a very tight ship and I am quite surprised at how impatient some of you guys were about me being 10 minutes late on an estimated time. Trust me Ė if you keep playing in tourneys, 10 minutes is hardly a wait.

This is the first time that I have had to coordinate scores between two different course seperated by a 10 minute drive. I think we pulled it off pretty good for you guys.
                              Last edited by Rideout; June 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM.
                              WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

A few PICTURES from the finals.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X