X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
    I was also told by another TD that if I start in FW1 that I have to complete the series in FW1. This came up because my official rating is based in one tourney but my updated rating will be in the intermediate range. Who do I talk to in order to find out for sure.
    The state series allows you to stay in your division regardless of rating if you played one event (legally) in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaT View Post
      From the rule book: "...the director shall offer for competition any division which has four or more players that are eligible and wishing to compete. TDs may offer divisions with less than four players at their discretion." (Section 2.1.J)

It seems crazy to me that we would push women out of playing in their own field for the entire WSS just because there aren't 4 or more of them.
      I am attempting to fix this for the 2012 series by having "x" divisions no matter the turn out. For the 2011 series news should make its way out about the decision to treat circumstances such as not having the "4" for a division.

As soon as I know what we are talking about is final I will post here
      -kris

Comment

I signed up on the 8th but it hasn't gone through do I still get a shirt?! Med if so.
        "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
        -K Gas

Comment

Can we get the registration updated, please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
            hate to say it but you do need 4 to make a div.
            i think sheila responded quite well to this statement (thank you, sheila, for posting the official rules)... also wanted to say, if this were true, i would have had the opportunity to play in very, very few tournaments... i am very grateful that the td's of the tournaments i have signed up for have used their discretion in my favor, thus making me feel welcomed and encouraged to play in their events, even if there's only 2 or 3 of us in the division, and as a result of this welcoming and encouragement i then will encourage as many other gals as i know to play in more events... kinda of a snowbally type effect thingy...
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              i think sheila responded quite well to this statement (thank you, sheila, for posting the official rules)... also wanted to say, if this were true, i would have had the opportunity to play in very, very few tournaments... i am very grateful that the td's of the tournaments i have signed up for have used their discretion in my favor, thus making me feel welcomed and encouraged to play in their events, even if there's only 2 or 3 of us in the division, and as a result of this welcoming and encouragement i then will encourage as many other gals as i know to play in more events... kinda of a snowbally type effect thingy...
              We at Ft. Steilacoom want more women to play. We have trophies for you even if you have to play with the boys, we even had women's shirts offered in the player packs. Just understand from the planning stage to the event there is alot of uncertainty with your divisions and we have to plan what is good for all players, so please get more women to play and we all win. some of the wss questions need to be answered by the wss board members I do not know. see you this weekend
              We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                We at Ft. Steilacoom want more women to play. We have trophies for you even if you have to play with the boys, we even had women's shirts offered in the player packs. Just understand from the planning stage to the event there is alot of uncertainty with your divisions and we have to plan what is good for all players, so please get more women to play and we all win. some of the wss questions need to be answered by the wss board members I do not know. see you this weekend
                the point was you don't have to have 4 players to make a division. i myself am not terribly intimidated by the idea of competing against boys... i would rather play within my division but am simply happy to play at all...

... also, i should butt out as i won't be playing any wss events nor were these initially my questions... just tryin' to stand up for the ladies...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  the point was you don't have to have 4 players to make a division. i myself am not terribly intimidated by the idea of competing against boys... i would rather play within my division but am simply happy to play at all...

... also, i should butt out as i won't be playing any wss events nor were these initially my questions... just tryin' to stand up for the ladies...
                  Hey ASC was a WSS event

Thank you for standing up for the ladies and I will attempt to maintain my stance in regards to supporting not only ladies but a few other divisions that always seem to get squished to other divisions within the WSS board.

-kris

Comment

TEAM www.DiscAddiction.com will be showing up for 3 different divisions!

Danni and I can't make it (I am currently out of the country for work), but we sent along some custom discs, swag, and disc golf apparel! Not sure if you have a raffle, but if so you're welcome to include the items for it or if you have a CTP.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Bring the island back some trophies guys!
                    www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                    www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

To all the people that helped with this event i would like to say a big THANK YOU!!! it was a very well run tournament, and i couldnt be happier(well except for the rain on sunday).

mark did a great job TD'ing and i give a huge thanks to the ladies in the tent, the work they did made things run very well! the courses looked great this weekend.

and above all, i want to thank Raymond Sieck for investing 25 years to this sport and this course. without him this course would be just another course, he has helped make it one of the better courses in the state.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Ratings for RSI

I realize that the RSI scores as they are posted now are unofficial tourney results but I just wanted to mention that I thought it was strange that the two courses were rated the same.. For example, each person who shot a 59 the second round got a 925 rating, regardless of what course they played. This seems odd because I was under the impression that tournaments with two courses have separate ratings for each course, each round. Especially since the par for the NW course was supposedly a 56, it doesnít seem possible that the ratings could be the same for someone playing the SE par 54. If Iím wrong, please let me know, Iím just trying to understand why things are they way they are. Thank you!!

Comment

As for the round ratings, it does appear that all the players' scores were submitted for one course. Hopefully, the TD will get this fixed and we will have accurate round ratings for each course played.

The par for the courses doesn't really matter. That being said, the NW course does seem to play a couple of throws harder.

Comment

You are correct, the courses have not been seperated yet. I will be talking with Mark later and it will be a quick fix.

Scores are right
                            Ratings are wrong
                            WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

I was pretty sure that would be the resolution. Thanks everybody who helped with this, i always LOVE playin steily!

Comment

Are you guys going to post the all of the 3rd round scores?
                                www.rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X