Chainbangers Series Northside/Southside Openers - April 9th and 10th - 1-day PDGA C's Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainbangers Series Northside/Southside Openers - April 9th and 10th - 1-day PDGA C's

We’re about a month out so I wanted to share with everyone details regarding the upcoming Opener tournaments at Mountlake Terrace and SeaTac.

First up, info about the summer series:

Both tournaments are going to be part of the “Chainbangers Club Summer Series”. What exactly does this mean you ask?

1. If you play in at least 3 of the 7 Chainbangers Summer Series events, you will be eligible for the end of series raffle in which you can win a new Innova DisCatcher Sport Basket, an Innova Traveler Basket, an Innova Mini DisCatcher Basket, or a number of other really cool prizes!

2. If you play in more than 3 events, each additional event will give you another ticket in the raffle! So if you play all of the events, you get 5 chances to win – no points, no divisions, no qualification – You play, you win

3. In addition, $5 from entries into each series events will go to helping the club buy-back the baskets to keep SeaTac in the ground! With the transition to a club-owned course, things are really moving along with discussions of additional holes already in the works.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Southside Opener Details!

Here are the details for the Southside Opener on Saturday, April 9th at SeaTac DGC

Divisions: All divisions will be offered, remember that you can play in any division for inclusion in the series finale and raffle

Entry: $30-All divisions (no $10 PDGA non-member fee) – Pros will play for cash, Amateurs will receive a cool players package, and will play for scrip. $5 from each entry will be put towards the SeaTac basket fund and the rest will go towards payouts.

Registration/Players Meeting: Registration will run from 8:30-9:30am both days and we’ll be starting the first rounds at 10am

Where: At SeaTac, meet up at tournament central by hole 8

Logistics: Two rounds with a lunchbreak. At SeaTac, we’ll have a couple of interesting alternate pins to mix things up a bit!

These are going to be way fun, so I hope you’ll all come out and support our effort to keep SeaTac one of our premiere area courses!
    Last edited by cefire; March 7th, 2011, 09:05 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Northside Opener Details!

Here are the details for the Northside Opener on Sunday, April 10th at Terrace Creek

Divisions: All divisions will be offered, remember that you can play in any division for inclusion in the series finale and raffle

Entry: $30-All divisions (no $10 PDGA non-member fee) – Pros will play for cash, Amateurs will receive a cool players package, and will play for scrip. $5 from each entry will be put towards the SeaTac basket fund and the rest will go towards payouts.

Registration/Players Meeting: Registration will run from 8:30-9:30am both days and we’ll be starting the first rounds at 10am

Where: At Terrace Creek, meet up at tournament central by hole 8

Logistics: Two rounds of 18 with a lunchbreak

Again, these are going to be way fun, so I'll see you there!
      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Right on-- looking forward to the many fun events you guys have scheduled... if I can't get out of work that weekend, can I donate $5 or more to the basket fund and be entered into the raffle? Just an idea to increase donations... I'm hoping to play the South-side opener if I can trade a shift. Are you planning to switch things up at all for the NS opener at Terrace?
        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Hmmm...I'll have to think about extra donations, perhaps a second basket raffle is in order or maybe something like the PretzelBowl patch, except with a SeaTac scene? Any ideas out there for what people should get for helping out with extra donations?

At Terrace we'll probably just stick with the regular layout because it is so rarely used for tournament play and there just isn't all that much room to move things around.
          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

When will they be open to sign up?
            www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
              Hmmm...I'll have to think about extra donations, perhaps a second basket raffle is in order or maybe something like the PretzelBowl patch, except with a SeaTac scene? Any ideas out there for what people should get for helping out with extra donations?

At Terrace we'll probably just stick with the regular layout because it is so rarely used for tournament play and there just isn't all that much room to move things around.
              They should get the satisfaction of knowing they donated to a good cause....

BUY BACK THE TAC!!!!!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I'll probably open sign-up next week but I've got to talk with Keith to make sure we do it in a coordinated way. We'll max at 72 for Terrace and probably 64 for SeaTac.

When I do open it up, it will be posted here and signups will be via paypal, in the shop, or via the shop's website. I'll be out of town until Monday just in case anyone contacting me doesn't get a response right away.
                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Check out the flyer for the Chainbangers Series Opener tournaments! Next up, disc designs

Comment

Registration Open!

Registration is up and going for both of these - to ensure your spot, there are several ways to register.

1 - Go to the Chainbangerz Shop website and signup here for the Northside: http://www.chainbangerz.com/product/northside-opener
                    or here for the Southside: http://www.chainbangerz.com/product/southside-opener
                    2 - Send me paypal for $30 ($3 off for members) to cefire@sbcglobal.net
                    3 - Head down to the Shop and tell Keith, Adam, or Thomas that you want in!

Remember that it is $30 for EVERYONE for either tournament and $5 will go towards making sure that one of our favorite courses stays in the ground
                    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Andrew, why is it charging me $57 dollars?
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        Andrew, why is it charging me $57 dollars?
                        Should be good to go now.
                        Sorry weird gliche

Comment

Are you accepting cash morning of the event?

Comment

Yes indeed - we've only got a few registered thus far so I'm hoping for several to show up on the day of each event.
                            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Andrew, I hope to make it out but it's 50/50 ATM.
                              Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X