Chainbangers Series Northside/Southside Openers - April 9th and 10th - 1-day PDGA C's Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Thomas's (me) first round and a Japanese power plant have in common?

MELTDOWN

In all seriousness I'm glad that we raised some money for the baskets at Seatac and I had a fun time. Andrew and Sheila know how to run tournaments. Thank you everyone.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      I have never been more tempted to play an event! No, seriously, from one anal-retentive TD to another!
      Long lost brothers?...perhaps
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Northside Opener results are in: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64494

Brody Miller took the Pro win in a playoff today at Terrace with Sean Shields who shot a 1050+ rated round in the morning

Thanks to everyone who played yesterday at SeaTac and today at Terrace. I had tons o' fun as usual and was glad to meet a whole bunch of new people. I also want to thank KosherKeith, TommyT, and Monkey for all of your help with the tournaments - it definitely wouldn't be possible without these people.

I also want to thank Tim Baugher and the Whidbey Island Crew for a huge donation of really cool CTP prizes - you guys are awesome and of course big thanks to the Chainbangerz shop for tons of CTP's as well.

Several people are well on their way to qualifying for the series; remember that you only need to play in 3 events, no division requirements and you could DFL every tourney and still win the basket!

Next up is "Calm Before the Battles" best shot doubles tournament on June 10th (the Friday before "Battle of Seattle")
        Last edited by cefire; April 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM.
        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Andrew you are awesome, thank you again for an awesome run tournament and a really fun time. It was really cool meeting some new people from all over the place and I really enjoyed my time playing with Kellen, Tom and of course our wonderful TD Andrew, that was an excellent group. I can't wait until the next Chainbangerz event!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Sounders vs Tac same entry but sounders fed me! It looked like you had a pretty good turn out both days. These types of one dayers certainly fill a need in our community for the more time constrained players.

The 150 will be the killer!

Any weight guidelines yet IE strict 150 and below or Japan Open >=159.9. Good luck finding modern >150 putters and a tip you might want to practice with'em too.
            rewindb.com

Comment

From everything I've been hearing it will be 159 and below. Yeah putting is going to be the hardest thing but there some putters out there that light including Aviars, Wizards, Magnets, Rhynos, Pigs, Birdies, Polecats, Omegas and probably some others I can't remember or don't know about. It's going to be fun and interesting I can say that. Kelly (my step dad) was wondering why it would be so hard for everyone when I mentioned to him that not everyone throws 150g discs like he does.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                I can say that. Kelly (my step dad) was wondering why it would be so hard for everyone when I mentioned to him that not everyone throws 150g discs like he does.
                great now we have to kill you tom
                rewindb.com

Comment

hehe.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Both tournaments were ran really well. Andrew, you're a naturally good TD. Keep it up and don't get burnt out. I think Brody, Josh and I will be traveling up north a lot this summer. So we'll probably see you again.

Comment

Oh, I gotta say Terrace Creek tested my mental game and I failed.

1st round I started slow 3ing along keeping my patience. Had a couple close putts spit out on me. It was the first time I've ever played this course so I couldn't expect much. Then my patience started paying off. I started hitting some putts and getting some birdies. I had holes 5-10 left and I was 4 down or so. Throw a hyzer eagle at hole 5 that skips up to 10' short of the basket, flips around and rolls down the hill. It rolls all the way down 60+ feet past the walk way, OB!!! Shrug it off, line up my 50' uphill 3p putt, hit the broken stump in front of the basket and roll right back down the hill, OB!!!. Take a SIX. Sort of shake it off and throw a nice roc shot up the gut on the next hole, sliding up to the basket, bumps the tree that is 15' in front of the basket and slides half way down the hill. Miss the putt, miss the putt on the next hole, three putt the next hole, then birdie hole 10 to finish even par

Then the story sort of repeats itself the next round. Feeling solid, crusing through the course with a handful of birdies. Then I add 4 bogey strokes to my card in the last 4 holes. If I had parred out, I would have tied for 1st.

That course is a little tricky with its elevation and wind.

Comment

I had a really good time at Seatac despite my utter lack of skill.

CT

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                          The 150 will be the killer!

Any weight guidelines yet IE strict 150 and below or Japan Open >=159.9. Good luck finding modern >150 putters and a tip you might want to practice with'em too.
                          159.9 and under Jub.
                          Putters were a problem for me so I asked Steve Dodge if he could run some 150 class Ridges, and he did !
                          Should be in the stores soon.

Comment

Well run tourney(northside)and thank you to everyone who had a part in it.

Comment

Pics from the Northside Opener
                              http://chainbangersdiscgolfclub.shut...m/pictures/214
                              Thanks Chainbangers for a fine tournament!

Comment

Thanks CrazyDriver!
                                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X