Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rideout
    started a topic Fort Steilacoom Open **A-tier** July 2 & 3, 2011

Fort Steilacoom Open **A-tier** July 2 & 3, 2011

The Fort Steilacoom Open will be held on July 2 & 3, 2011.

Course details and maps will be posted by early to mid June. We will be playing the Northwest & Southeast courses with some nice little adaptations included.

The courses should be well marked and laid out by Tuesday June28th. Temp basket placements will be marked with a marker post which should be very easy to find with the course maps.

All amateur players will be receiving a Revolution Mini Bag. I’ve had one for years and it works excellent as both my back-up bag at tourneys and my family travel bag (you know, just in case I can stop by a new course during the family vacation, but don’t want it to look like I’m seriously planning to throw).

Registration for the FSO will open in early April. The field will be limited to 144 players (72 ams & 72 pros).

If you would like to be a volunteer for the FSO, please contact:
    Mike Rideout
    mikerideout@challengediscgolf.com
    (253) 224-5491

I need 10-15 weekend volunteers. Each volunteer will receive a player’s pack.

I’m happy to say that Ryan Gwillim will once again be my co-TD running the tent operations. Like last year, we plan on having scores posted before the players get home (except Saturday afternoon/evening – dinner comes first).

The FSO will be a Vibram Open qualifier in 2011. Pro Open players wishing to qualify for the Vibram Open will need to pay a $10 opt-in fee before their first round.

More info will become available in the next month or two.

FSO Registration

Mike Rideout
    Fort Steilacoom Open Tournament Director 2010 & 2011

Last edited by Rideout; April 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM.

• kurtbayne
    replied
    Thanks for TDing mike and all the other work you do for DG.
    I didn,t hear a single complaint about how the tourney was run,
    The ultimate compliment for a TD

Leave a comment:

• purediscgolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PuttsRrad View Post
    The Readings won their respective Divisions, but Jessie Westphal did great! Also, a shout out to Tom Bontempo, Russell Cannon who tied Tyler Butler, and Andrew Rich for coming in 2nd place in the Open! :O) beating Barry Schultz! :O) congrats....

Where was Kyle Crabtree?
    Thanks for the support. I always have an awesome time playing Steily. I started playing there in 1998 and the course has never looked so good. A big shout out to Mark Kilmer and all the volunteers who made the course prestine. Any time I was in a bush I threw a bad shot, lol. It was an honor to compete with Barry and edge him by a stroke in the end. Congrats to Dion for an awesome Final 9 and obviously to Ricky for his stellar performance all weekend. See everyone at Lake Tahoe!!

Leave a comment:

• Rideout
    replied
    Thank you Scott Papa for coming out and setting up the Discraft Test Drive.

These guys also chipped in -

Russel Cannon
    Kevin Yockman
    James Huestis
    Jeff Hemmerling
    Kyle Sutherland
    Hudson Allard
    Jon Ollis

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Rideout
    replied
    Yes, contributers included -

Chainbanger'z
    Next Adventure
    Paul Larson
    Rick Buttle
    Nancy & Jack Lorber
    Raymond Seick
    Huk Lab

there's more, I just don't have the list in front of me.

thanks to

BMOB
    Ronnie & Kathy
    Sean Alexander
    ChUcK
    Cory
    Paul
    Chris Chick
    Kevin Holland & JB

there's more of these too, but again, I don't have the list in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    Did Chainbangerz contribute to the Fort Steilacoom Open Mike?

Leave a comment:

• Rideout
    replied
    Three of the REVO MINI bags that were given out didn't get their hard plastic insert. If you are the owner of one of these bags with no insert from the tourney, please get in touch with me and I'll get you hooked up.

Thanks to all that attended. I had a lot of help from the club and a crew of volunteers that made all the holes run smoothly. Seriously, I had more volunteers than I have ever had before and that is what will continue to help this event (any event) become more and more successful. Thanks needs to go to Kurt Bayne, Sumo, & Justin for sleeping at the course in order to keep the temp baskets and tourney central safe. Mark Kilmer for organizing work parties and then just showing up with his own mower until the fairways were spectacular.

Thanks to Jay & Des Reading for giving me a lot of helpful feedback on the tournament. That clinic was pretty cool too.

I simply can't run this event without Ryan Gwillim, Kathy Rideout (awesome wife), & Rob Smith. These three are an essential part of the Fort Steilacoom Open team. Don't get me wrong, every job related to the event is important, but this event wouldn't run on time without these guys. It would be sloppy without them. Ryan Gwillim keeps that tent running sharp - I don't know how he gets those cards counted and organized so fast. Kathy checks every single player in and gives me clear data on every little thing that changes or needs attention - then she helps with anything needed the rest of the weekend. Rob took on the ultra confusing tasking of managing this year’s player's packs - wow, three different options depending on when you signed up (due to the REVOLUTION fiasco) and he did it flawlessly while amateur players were lined up growling to get through as fast as they could.

I owe you guys all the success of the tournament.

Thank You

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Rideout
    replied
    Here are the results with the finals included.

Scores

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    congratulations to the following -

The Readings won their respective Divisions, but Jessie Westphal did great! Also, a shout out to Tom Bontempo, Russell Cannon who tied Tyler Butler, and Andrew Rich for coming in 2nd place in the Open! :O) beating Barry Schultz! :O) congrats....

Where was Kyle Crabtree?

Leave a comment:

• Kenny B
    replied
    Great playing Jessie Westphal! Only two strokes off of Des Reading; good luck on Sunday!

Leave a comment:

• Rideout
    replied
    Pools will be slightly adjusted in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Hemmerling
    replied
    Originally posted by DMZ View Post
    Will the round times and pools be posted anywhere online?
    http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...b95369c64f323a

Leave a comment:

• Captain Save-A-Ho
    replied
    Will the round times and pools be posted anywhere online?

Leave a comment:

• ChUcK
    replied
    Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
    Times for doubles? 5 as usual?
    dude, read back like 5 posts or so. I think you will find the answer to your questions.

Leave a comment:

• Mayumoogy
    replied
    Times for doubles? 5 as usual?

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X