• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holdin8
    started a topic Battle At The Barracks Ft. Vancouver April 10

Battle At The Barracks Ft. Vancouver April 10

Battle at the Barracks II

It’s that time of year again. Is everyone ready to get their feet wet for our second opportunity to play at Fort Vancouver National Park? Last year went off without a hitch. We had a pretty good turnout, and the park service had nothing but good things to say about us. So, here we are again! After everyone’s input I have decided to change things up a bit this year.

Pool A- All pro divisions including advanced Ams
    Pool B- All other Amateur divisions

We will be playing two rounds for each division. Pool B will start in the morning, and Pool A will start when Pool B finishes their first round. This will go on into the afternoon with the course continuing to rotate between Pools. There will be room for 40 players in each pool. This will be singles only, for each division. Like last year we will have ctp’s and long drive prizes. We will be serving lunch again this year and I am happy to have Disc Golf Depot doing the script for the ams. Also, if the weather is good we will have a long drive competition at the end of the tourney. It will be by division only $1 a throw. (Unless you want to throw against the big arms and test out your distance)

This again will be a “fundraiser” tournament. The tournament is scheduled for Sunday April 10th. The money will be going to help some local disc golfers with there expenses in traveling to Michigan for the 2011 ASADGC. There will be payouts, lunch and prizes.

World Champion Dave Feldberg will be playing and putting on a clinic at the end of the tournament. There will be no-charge for the clinic, however we will be taking donations of any kind to help out Dave and his time spent teaching.

Schedule:

7:30-800 Player check in for Pool B
    8:15 Player’s meeting (Pool B)
    8:30 Tee off (Pool B 1st round)
    9:30-10:00 Player check in for Pool A
    10:15 Player’s meeting (Pool A)
    10:30 Tee off (Pool A 1st round)
    12:00 Player’s meeting (Pool B)
    12:15 Tee off (Pool B 2nd round)
    1:45 Player’s meeting (Pool A)
    2:00 Tee off (Pool A 2nd round)
    4:00-5:00 Dave Feldberg clinic
    5:00-5:30 Long Drive competition and Awards

This tournament will be pre-registration only. The cost of the tourney is $25.00 per player. All divisions must have at least 3 players. Sign-up’s are located on www.northwestsignup.com. You can find a map of where the park is located here http://www.nps.gov/fova/planyourvisi...d/FOVAmap1.pdf See you at the park!!
    Last edited by holdin8; March 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM.

• PhilStomp
    replied
    Had a great time. Thanks to all who helped make it happen. Thank you to all of the sponsors.

Phillip Kurtz

Leave a comment:

• Mayumoogy
    replied
    Thanks to everyone that made the tournament possible. I had a great time, and learned a lot about wind both in the clinic, and on the course.

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    Hope noone is going to let a little rain ruin the day. It should be decent with some rain but anyone that has not registered yet may show up in the morning to sign up. first come first serve. I have 56 spots for each pool, which intermediate should fill first, if it does then we will allow anyone else to play up to a higher division to get in...none can play down though!!!! See you bright and early

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
    I registered online but noticed there is a staggered start. How do I find out what time to come? Thanks
    The flyer clearly states the check in times and start times. It all depends on what division your in. The course should be set up by 7:30. Anyone can play it at that time however check in for intermediate and masters is 7:30-8:00 with players meeting at 8:15 and start time of 8:30

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Just be there at dawn like the rest of us, and if the government doesn't shut down, we'll have a great time (or even if they do)!

Leave a comment:

• Mayumoogy
    replied
    I registered online but noticed there is a staggered start. How do I find out what time to come? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    There will be day of registration for those of you who were unable to sign up online. The cost of the tournament the day of will be $27. This will help cover the last minute food and permit costs. Also, bring extra cash for the long drive competition and for the raffle. There is some good plastic, mini basket, and lots of other swag to raffle and give away. Thanks to Disc Golf Depot, By The Bottle, and Athletes corner for their donations. See you Sunday...Pray for no rain!!!!

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    Battle at the Barracks is less than a week away. Registration closes tomorrow. Those of you who choose to wait till the day of the tournament to sign up will be charged an extra $2.00 for the tournament. We have been trying to order trophies and lunch for the current list which means that someone will be inconvenienced (we may have to run last minute to get more food and potentially extra for the permit depending upon how many people are late comers) Sign up tonight to insure your spot!!!!

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    registration

Battle at the Barracks is getting close to the closing deadline. If any spots are still available, then I will be taking cash only the day of the tournament. If you do not sign up online you will need to come early--before your pool check in time. Again registration closes April 5th, 2011 The divisions will be set April 5th. That means if you play in a certain division but wait to sign up the day of, then your division may not be available. I am doing this because we are going to be having trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for each division however I need to order the trophies early enough to have them for the tourney. Tell Your Friends!!!

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
    wish i could go to this it was fun the first time i did it
    Me too. You can always volunteer!!

Leave a comment:

• chris7graham
    replied
    wish i could go to this it was fun the first time i did it

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    Originally posted by 907miller View Post
    weird question: im a 936 rated player, but i dont need more script, and since the prices are the same, i think ill play open. would it be possible to throw distance on the am side but play singles on the pro side? or is that too confusing? thanks, looking forward to it
    Im ok with you entering the long drive competition as an Am as long as your rating is below a 970. This is a tourney that is meant to be a lot of fun and it gives people a chance to play up if they so choose. However, if I hear a lot of people complaining then It will be according to the division that you play in during the tourney with an option of competing in a higher category for the long drive competition. Also remember in order to make the long drive worth wild, it will cost a dollar a throw per person per division winner takes all (in your division).

Leave a comment:

• 907miller
    replied
    weird question: im a 936 rated player, but i dont need more script, and since the prices are the same, i think ill play open. would it be possible to throw distance on the am side but play singles on the pro side? or is that too confusing? thanks, looking forward to it

Leave a comment:

• holdin8
    replied
    Still looking for volunteers. Anyone interested please contact Jason Back

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X