X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Patty's Classic 3/12 - 3/13 Four Mound

We will be hosting the St. Patty's Day Disc Golf tournament out at 4 Mound Disc Golf Reserve.

The tournament will be two days Mar 12 & 13, 2011.

We will play three rounds on three courses

Event shirts for the first 50 paid entries.

The Flyer/Entry is attached below.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

What are the courses?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      What are the courses?
      We will be playing the Hawk, Porcupine and Cape Fear courses.

Please spread the word about this tourney out in the Spokane Valley and if possible would you print and post a flyer out at Corbin?

Comment

I will do my best Bob, I haven't exactly been around the courses much this year. I have been mentioning it as much as possible though. I'll see if I can sneak out to Corbin later today and post a few fliers. Drag some of them Idaho boys out to the Mounds.
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Derek and crew and Gordy have been getting the courses straightened out and cleaned up.

Gordy was out at the Cape Fear hole and thinks that we'll be able to keep it in the layout.

There will be some water hazards that are not normally present during warmer and drier conditions.

Please PM me if you plan on attending.

This is going to be a fun tournament.

Comment

Water and OBs

There are a lot of seasonal ponds right now and several connecting rivulets. There are also all the string-line OB situations in place dating back to the '10 City Cup.......For the water situations I propose that a player be allowed to play from where it lies (wet) or take relief under the rule for a stroke. This way we will not have to initiate a debate over what is 'casual' water and what is a water hazard. ...For the string line OBs; they are in force. They were in force when we played handicap a few weeks ago so deal with it. Some of the string is broken and we are making repairs. If you encounter broken string during play use a line-of-site from stake to stake. Also the 2m rule will not be in force.
            I will be clearing more tees on Wed. If you want to help call me in the morning 363-1056. Thanks, Get in the Game! Gordy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
              There are a lot of seasonal ponds right now and several connecting rivulets. There are also all the string-line OB situations in place dating back to the '10 City Cup.......For the water situations I propose that a player be allowed to play from where it lies (wet) or take relief under the rule for a stroke. This way we will not have to initiate a debate over what is 'casual' water and what is a water hazard. ...For the string line OBs; they are in force. They were in force when we played handicap a few weeks ago so deal with it. Some of the string is broken and we are making repairs. If you encounter broken string during play use a line-of-site from stake to stake. Also the 2m rule will not be in force.
              I will be clearing more tees on Wed. If you want to help call me in the morning 363-1056. Thanks, Get in the Game! Gordy.
              Why not play the overgrown puddles as casual water?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                Why not play the overgrown puddles as casual water?
                To keep it simple, that's why.

I would recommend boots, goulashes or maybe even hip waders for the bigger puddles.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  To keep it simple, that's why.

I would recommend boots, goulashes or maybe even hip waders for the bigger puddles.

okay Seems the rules for casual water are pretty simple though

It appears that it will be a great event...regardless of boot sucking mud and the body snatching puddles.

Comment

Casual water vs. water hazard

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                    okay Seems the rules for casual water are pretty simple though

It appears that it will be a great event...regardless of boot sucking mud and the body snatching puddles.

There is a lot of water that is definitely NOT casual. The big problem would be distinguishing between each and every puddle and pool and stream; hence a blanket solution; play it or move it for a stroke, you make the call. Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                      There is a lot of water that is definitely NOT casual. The big problem would be distinguishing between each and every puddle and pool and stream; hence a blanket solution; play it or move it for a stroke, you make the call. Gordy
                      works for me...thanks for the work you put in Gordy.

Comment

Wet

Mud Bog races after?

Comment

Which one of the courses has the most new water hazards? Just curious to see what course I'll be taking the most stroke reliefs on :P
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm bringing a snorkle

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                              Which one of the courses has the most new water hazards? Just curious to see what course I'll be taking the most stroke reliefs on :P
                              Gee, that's a tough one. How about Porcupine?........Hole 18 on Hawk is a land of lakes down by the big tree, so you might want to back off on you're drive.....The depression up the middle of Hawk #1 is about a foot deep.....The OB off the left side of Porky #18 is a lake. The tractor is stuck in 3' of mud off the left side of Cape Fear #5. That area was solid until today, so I couldn't get a basket down to Hawk #10. Do not try to take vehicles out and about. From the mounds the landscape looks like Minnesota . I need a volunteer to carry the Basket down to Hawk #10.......If it stops raining the parking lot at Tourney Central might dry out some. I hope so. The smoking ban is lifted but throw no butts or I will bury you in the hole I pulled the tractor from. G.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X