Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job Kris, Scott and all of FWWDGC! Ya'll made it well worth the long journey for so many.

This tournament was so smooth, so well run - FANTASTIC JOB!

There was fantastic camaraderie on the courses & at Aloha Sushi Saturday night. Good frisbee spirit was bountiful in the beautiful sunny hills of Walla Walla!

It was great to meet new people & see some old friends too. (Emma you are even sweeter in person)

The courses were clean & well groomed.

Congrats to all the winners.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! See ya'll next year!

Comment

• This was a great event for me to be in. It was my second tourney in the washington state series, as well as my 2nd PDGA torney ever. The players pack was Awesome! I'm from the Tri-Cities and I must say You Fort Walla Walla Disc Golf Club and mainly the TD Kris made the Windy River Tourney look bad. I know I am Clowning on the Tri-city Disc Golf Club but really you set the bar high. I will actually look into Helping run the tourney in Tri Cities to make it better than yours. Thanks to Kris again for allowing me to pass out in his back yard for an hour or so and then in his recliner. Thanks for all the memories. Btw i was the one who won the Basket in the Raffle! One more thing......

SAKE BOMB!!!!!!!
      "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
      -K Gas

Comment

• Originally posted by kylesmart View Post
        This was a great event for me to be in. It was my second tourney in the washington state series, as well as my 2nd PDGA torney ever. The players pack was Awesome! I'm from the Tri-Cities and I must say You Fort Walla Walla Disc Golf Club and mainly the TD Kris made the Windy River Tourney look bad. I know I am Clowning on the Tri-city Disc Golf Club but really you set the bar high. I will actually look into Helping run the tourney in Tri Cities to make it better than yours. Thanks to Kris again for allowing me to pass out in his back yard for an hour or so and then in his recliner. Thanks for all the memories. Btw i was the one who won the Basket in the Raffle! One more thing......

SAKE BOMB!!!!!!!
        So its your blanket (the one you slept with anyway) that was left here.

Comment

• Outstanding

Kris,

I hope you are getting some sleep and recovering from putting on such a fantastic event. The course was amazing, the players packs were loaded, I heard the pay-outs were thick, and I totally scored at the raffle :-)

The tourney was very well run and completely enjoyable.

Thank you for your efforts and thank you to the folks who helped you put this event on.

Already looking forward to next year!!!

LKY

Comment

• Once again Kris and the FWWDG crew out did there self . that was the funnest by far !!! finished in the money once again and threw my best round ever .. Thanks ALOHA SUSHI, KRIS, SCOTT, TONY,AND FWWDG CREW
            PDGA # 52916
            CRDGC
            TCDGC
            FWWDGC
            PDGC

Comment

• I will echo the sentiments noted above...another classy event put forth out there in Walla Walla. If there were any hiccups, you did a fine job of making it look like it was part of the show. I haven't missed an Aloha Sushi Classic yet, and don't see me missing one in the future.

The course looked as good as it ever has and it is obvious that significant time was logged. Well done.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

• Great tournament. I could repeat many of the other players' accolades, but I'll just focus on a few of my strongest impressions: HUGE payout, awesome title sponsor, and I'm a big fan of the final 9 skins & accompanying raffle format. I hope this becomes more prevalent. Thanks, Kris!

Another highlight of my weekend was when I had the good fortune of sitting next to Walla Walla country commissioner Perry Dozier and his wife (Darlene?) at Aloha Sushi on saturday night, and siezed the opportunity to introduce them to our sport. They are recovering ball golfers, so it was a pretty easy pitch. We hit it off quickly (their oldest son is also named Kyle and has also spent considerable time in Germany) and made genuinely nice small-talk for a solid half hour, covering topics like parenthood, international travel, local politics, the education system, and of course some of the finer points of the disc golf community - both casual and professional. I talked up the sport, Walla Walla's club, their crown jewel of a tournament, the title sponsor, and the positive impact of dg courses in public parks.

I enjoyed talking to the commissioner, and I think it's safe to say that Disc Golf made a good first impression. Here's hoping one of our local politicians might head out to FWW Park and catch the bug.
                anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by killa View Post
                  Great tournament. I could repeat many of the other players' accolades, but I'll just focus on a few of my strongest impressions: HUGE payout, awesome title sponsor, and I'm a big fan of the final 9 skins & accompanying raffle format. I hope this becomes more prevalent. Thanks, Kris!

Another highlight of my weekend was when I had the good fortune of sitting next to Walla Walla country commissioner Perry Dozier and his wife (Darlene?) at Aloha Sushi on saturday night, and siezed the opportunity to introduce them to our sport. They are recovering ball golfers, so it was a pretty easy pitch. We hit it off quickly (their oldest son is also named Kyle and has also spent considerable time in Germany) and made genuinely nice small-talk for a solid half hour, covering topics like parenthood, international travel, local politics, the education system, and of course some of the finer points of the disc golf community - both casual and professional. I talked up the sport, Walla Walla's club, their crown jewel of a tournament, the title sponsor, and the positive impact of dg courses in public parks.

I enjoyed talking to the commissioner, and I think it's safe to say that Disc Golf made a good first impression. Here's hoping one of our local politicians might head out to FWW Park and catch the bug.

Thank you

Comment

• Aloha Pics

I finally made some time to edit and post some pictures from the ASC on my flickr page. Just click the thumbnail if you want to see a bigger version of a particular pic.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X