X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha Sushi Classic April 30-May1st

The classic has returned to Walla Walla in 2011.
    Online registration will be available atnorthwestsignup.com

We will be the second stop of the 2011 Washington State Series.

Thanks to the city of Walla Walla for letting us add enough holes so that we will be able to accommodate 144 players for this event.

It is Whitman Alumni weekend which has a tendency to pack hotels.

I would suggest that everyone use the "PDGA" sponsored hotels for their rates are much better than what I was just offered.
    Super 8 (60something a night 2 queen)is about 8 mins from the course and is right on the highway near quickie marts, fast food, and a grocery store.

Follow this to get the codes you need to have CLICK ME
    I am working on a camping location as well, but it is going a little slower.
    Tent and/or RV camping CLICK ME I am waiting on answers to see if we can get a better rate, but I will advise against holding ones breath.
    It's a little further of a drive (15-20miles from course) but Harris Park CLICK ME Not sure how or if you can reserve the sites.
    Of course thanks for the interest in the Aloha Sushi Classic.
    Last edited by Cerrgurry; February 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM. Reason: More useful stuff

So what layouts are we using? Black/Blue/Black?

Comment

Originally posted by douglaselvis View Post
      So what layouts are we using? Black/Blue/Black?
      We will be using black and the other course will use the blue course on the east side of the park (1,2,14-18) and 11 temp holes utilizing the rest of Fort Walla Walla Park.

The exact which division playing which course etc will be determined later. I expect open will play black, hybrid, black and intermediate/jrs will play hybrid, black, hybrid. The advanced divisions are up in the air at this time but I assume they will mirror the open players.

Obviously this may change based on turn out to each division for I am pretty rigid about having no five-somes.

I guess i cannot answer your question completely at this time

Comment

Thanks!! Me and my posse and stoked for this one!! And for the Kick butt Sushi!!

Comment

Can you say...SAKE BOMB...sure I knew you could...
          educate your thinking

Comment

As an Intermediate Player I am looking forward to playing the Black course. Oddly, at the FWWO that is course I did the best on.
            Throw What You Know.
            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Can you say "2 slices of pizza" J-man?

Hope you're signing up for this one!!

Comment

wouldn't miss this one, put in for a few personal days as well, that way we can get in a round or two on the new course in Pendelton. And I can say "2 slices at least!!!" See you there D!
                educate your thinking

Comment

So I noticed the flyer says 3 rounds of 18, yet only two T times are mentioned...Kris??
                  educate your thinking

Comment

Judging from previous experiences with Kris, I believe that the second round will start 1 hour (or there about) after the last card from first round is turned in.
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Is anyone from Spokane going? And if they are, do they have room for a tagalong with gas and beer money (for after the rounds). I'm trying to get down there, but alas, getting a camping spot and a ride are troublesome for me at this moment.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                        Judging from previous experiences with Kris, I believe that the second round will start 1 hour (or there about) after the last card from first round is turned in.
                        I just wondered as last time (2009) it was 2 rounds of 27=3 rounds of 18. The 27 a day was a great format. Well, we'll see...
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Now if we can just keep those Spokane and Oly boys calmer at the hotel...
                          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                            So I noticed the flyer says 3 rounds of 18, yet only two T times are mentioned...Kris??
                            I just ran out of room on the flier to make it look good. I figured most would know that there would be a round after lunch.

I typically give 50-80 mins after the last card is turned in for "lunch". I will post the start time at Tourny Central etc.

Thanks for mentioning this for it had slipped my mind to mention it myself.

Comment

No worries, can't wait...
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X