Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
    Couple of questions...

1. Anybody looking to carpool from Seattle? Either this evening or at the crack of dawn?

2. Which course do the Advance Women start at? I know it says advance starts at Fairgrounds but I assumed that at Tale of Two Rivers and I ended up at the wrong course so I just want to make sure!!

3. ...there is no #3... Have a great weekend everyone!!!

-Tanya

---I am not opposed to leaving at the crack of dawn. A warm shower, cup of coffee and sleeping in my own bed is worth it!!

Comment

Paul!!

I'm playing and i want to camp at the fairgrounds..... is somebody going to be there (@fairgrounds) in the morning to take entry/camping fees??

Comment

Just got done playing the Bud Pell @ Ross Farm course and it is looking great. All the grass is mowed and the wooded fairways have been cleaned up.

You would have never guessed that the course has only been open for three months. Looks like a seasoned course.

Are you ready to play the 1000' par 5 hole?

Comment

Were exactly is bud pell? Is it at 368 NE waaga way?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
            Were exactly is bud pell? Is it at 368 NE waaga way?
            Yes, 368 Northeast Waaga Way. It shares the address with the northwest paintball park. As you come in the entrance, keep left up the driveway's short hill. You'll see signs for where to park on the left. First time you play, I recommend walking down the path to the field to throw alt 1. That way you have a better idea for where to throw your drive from the regular hole 1 teepad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
              Couple of questions...

1. Anybody looking to carpool from Seattle? Either this evening or at the crack of dawn?

2. Which course do the Advance Women start at? I know it says advance starts at Fairgrounds but I assumed that at Tale of Two Rivers and I ended up at the wrong course so I just want to make sure!!

3. ...there is no #3... Have a great weekend everyone!!!

-Tanya
              Hey Tanya! The ADV women will be starting at Fairgrounds so that is where you should be. See you in the morning.....

Scott Papa
              Team Discraft
              Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Fairgrounds was a pretty cool course. No wining out of me.

THEN a round at NAD. WOW, I used up all my kleenex. Very tight, very few "fair"ways.

We'll see how the new Bud Pell course is tomorrow.

Comment

SCOTT.........WAY TO KEEP THE TOURNAMENT FOR THE PRO AND ADVANCED DIVISIONS RUNNING VERY SMOOTH AND EFFICEINT. IT WAS QUICK, IT WAS SIMPLE, AND IT WAS ONE OF BEST I HAVE SEEN.

THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED SCOTT GET SETUP THIS MORNING WITH SIGN-INS, ECT..............IM SURE IT MADE HIS JOB ALOT EASIER.

I AGREE WITH SEAN.........FAIRGROUNDS COULD OF BEEN A LITTLE NICER, BUT NAD WAS PRETTY BRUTAL......EVEN MORE THAN I REMEMBERED FROM LAST TIME..............

HAVE NOT PLAYED BUD PELL..........NERVOUS..........EXCITED..........OH YEAH!
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Great tournament! Thanks for 2 smooth running days and for introducing me to 2 new courses. Thank you and props to everyone involved.

Comment

Hmmmm......not one to complain, but i think the round rating for bud pell is a little off. I know i did not play as well as i could have, but i am pretty sure it was not a 924 rated round i shot. I shot 2 under par i think the rating on the pdga website is going off a par 54 score........which would be extremely awesome (way to go for those who acheived that).

Is that what it really is or is that going to be fixed?
                      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Dan, I played with you all weekend and that thing about not being one to complain....well....I absolutely agree with you. There is no complaint heard and you are absolutely correct. Actually, all the round ratings will change as the appropriate course info and who was playing which course at which time is not yet totally entered. Sorry about that everyone and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

As for everything else, again I would like to thank all of the competitors for their professionalism and spirit as it made the tournament that much better. Working with Paul is always great as he really strives to put out a great product and I think that the final result was awesome.

That being said, both Paul and I are always looking for ways to improve and be better and make your tourney experience perfect. So if you have any advice, comments or thoughts on things that were good, bad or could have been better, please feel free to share them here or send me a pm, e-mail or whatever so that we can mull them over. This doesn't mean we are taking down 57 trees, but we REALLY do listen to what all have to say. Shoot, before we left the parking lot yesterday Paul and I were already talking about what we ourselves saw that could have been improved on.

So thanks again, congrats to all competitors for fighting the good fight through all the nasty trees and we hope to see you next year!

Scott Papa
                        Last edited by papatart; September 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM. Reason: wrong word
                        Team Discraft
                        Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Thank you to everyone that came out to play this weekend. I enjoyed seeing everyone and I hope you had as good of a time as I did.
                          The ratings issue is one of not having the Bud Pell listed in the PDGA course listings. It thinks it is a par 54. I am not sure why that lowers the ratings, but I will be working on that today to clear things up.
                          As Papa said we are already looking to address some of the concerns about "fair" ways. Not sure we will please everybody, but there is nobody more interested in improving our courses and the game than we are.
                          We only had 2 scoring errors this year...2 that is amazing, and no questions regarding rules issues, OB's etc in the AM division. Thank you all for that.
                          Thanks for all the support from the disc golf community, We are starting to see greater support coming in from people that know nothing about the game and will make a huge difference in the growth of our game, our tournaments, and the payouts.
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Flingin fireman View Post
                            Thank you to everyone that came out to play this weekend. I enjoyed seeing everyone and I hope you had as good of a time as I did.
                            The ratings issue is one of not having the Bud Pell listed in the PDGA course listings. It thinks it is a par 54. I am not sure why that lowers the ratings, but I will be working on that today to clear things up.
                            As Papa said we are already looking to address some of the concerns about "fair" ways. Not sure we will please everybody, but there is nobody more interested in improving our courses and the game than we are.
                            We only had 2 scoring errors this year...2 that is amazing, and no questions regarding rules issues, OB's etc in the AM division. Thank you all for that.
                            Thanks for all the support from the disc golf community, We are starting to see greater support coming in from people that know nothing about the game and will make a huge difference in the growth of our game, our tournaments, and the payouts.
                            Paul

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the par of a course has nothing to do with the rating. Looks like they're skewed because there is no separation of pools. As if everyone was playing the same course at the same time.
                            Read this ^

Comment

Yep, absolutely true.
                              It is now fixed. Sorry for any angst for the low ratings or undeserved excitement over the false high ratings, but the trueand accurate ratings are up now. I actually got a full night's sleep last night and it is amazing how much easier things seem this morning.
                              Thanks for your patience.
                              Paul

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                              I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the par of a course has nothing to do with the rating. Looks like they're skewed because there is no separation of pools. As if everyone was playing the same course at the same time.

Comment

Looks like I had more scoring errors than the 89 participants...oops

Originally posted by Flingin fireman View Post
                                Yep, absolutely true.
                                It is now fixed. Sorry for any angst for the low ratings or undeserved excitement over the false high ratings, but the trueand accurate ratings are up now. I actually got a full night's sleep last night and it is amazing how much easier things seem this morning.
                                Thanks for your patience.
                                Paul

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X