Official Announcement: CSI to split weekends Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I also wanted to mention that between the two weekends CSI contributed $315 to the repayment of the SeaTac basket purchase to it's lenders. Thats nearly 10% of the total cost.
    rewindb.com

    Comment


    • You can also try charging them $20 for the trophy they won fair and square in a division you decided to hold. I know for a fact you didn't have to pay out scrip to one first-place finisher, so you got to pocket that payout. Cool Shoez would've hung you by the balls, for sure.

      Still, I had a great time playing 3 rounds with some new pals and managed to throw or match personal bests in all 3 rounds.


      Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post


      Second, I wanted to thank the Am's who used their scrip as entry into the Open weekend. As a TD I have choices to make one of which was to allow Am's to do just that scrip for entry. I could have very easily made them take plastic and then pay again to play the following weekend but I did not.
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

      Team Deucebag

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Getty View Post
        You can also try charging them $20 for the trophy they won fair and square in a division you decided to hold. I know for a fact you didn't have to pay out scrip to one first-place finisher, so you got to pocket that payout. Cool Shoez would've hung you by the balls, for sure.

        Still, I had a great time playing 3 rounds with some new pals and managed to throw or match personal bests in all 3 rounds.
        You raise some interesting points
        How many players need to be in a field to offer a trophy? Not the division but actual number of players? 2?,3?

        My trophies come in two parts the actual trophy and the custom top.

        Getty I could have just as easily gave you the custom top ONLY and had it count as a trophy. As far as scrip goes you can still cash it in.
        rewindb.com

        Comment


        • It is refreshing to see a TD be candid about payout/finances for an event. Any TD deserves to take their full share of entry fees. This should never be a point of contention, especially for those of us who have not run our own tournaments. To all TDs out there: THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

          With that said, much respect is due to the SeaTac course and those who have done such an excellent job of maintaining it. May the future of our sport head in this direction...the days of pitch and putt golf is over!!!
          For those who have not played SeaTac, do yourself a favor and see if you are as good as you think

          Comment


          • I dont see why the person running the event should be paid more than the person winning the event in Open. PERIOD.


            I would like to give Jub a congrats on winning the CSI.

            Comment


            • Correct me if I'm wrong but I though the Maximum event management fee for a "C" Tier event was $100 dollars.

              http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/TourStandards.pdf
              sigpic

              Comment


              • 65x57=3705
                8x57=456
                12x57=684
                45x57=2565
                456/2565=.17.7%

                fees are not part of the prize pool.
                -----------------
                20x57=1140

                this is to much money out of the prize pool.
                -----------------

                Total prize pool= 2556 on the pdga site.

                Open Men=1741 38x45 1710
                Open Women=185 4x45 180
                Master Men=630 14x45 630

                according to Jub math there is added money.
                ----------------------------

                if you can read and understand what i just did here you will realize that it doesnt make sense. ive always got along with Jub and dont hold any ill will! I feel this is something that might help people realize that playing pro is pointless.

                edit*fixed
                Last edited by DoubleDees; March 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but I though the Maximum event management fee for a "C" Tier event was $100 dollars.
                  I am not sure if there is a limit or not I used the standard service industry tipping percentages. I heard the pDGA might insist TD's take a cut (8%)then hold them responsable for the results. IE It's hard to bitch out a volunteer but it's easy to critique someone who was compensated.

                  Thanks Ed that means a lot coming from you. I wanted to thank all the entrants who compensated me for the work on the course that benefits everyone the other 24/7, 363.
                  rewindb.com

                  Comment


                  • I guess it just depends on if Tour Standards are more like guide lines than actual rules.

                    http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/TourStandards.pdf
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • I'm curious what the hourly wage would come out to, if you took all of the hours Jub put in working on the course (for these tournaments) and running both weekends compared to the amount of money he actually pocketed after.

                      I'm guessing it's not a number very many of us would work for.
                      Read this ^

                      Comment


                      • My guess, $0.05 per hour - good point Dan!

                        Another interesting figure:

                        Number of people playing CSI that were at the last two workparties = 0

                        Certainly not expecting those living far away to come as they have their own courses to tend to but this is still an interesting stat (edit: this is neither a justification for Jub or the tournament payout or anything but an interesting figure regarding average workparty participation in the area)
                        Last edited by cefire; March 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM.
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                          I feel this is something that might help people realize that playing disc golf for money is pointless.
                          and fixed this
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

                          Comment


                          • There is also the 50$ sanctioning i left out. as well as the 50$ insurance.


                            Andrew you made me lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                              65x57=3705
                              8x57=456
                              12x57=684
                              45x57=2565
                              456/2565=.17.7%

                              fees are not part of the prize pool.
                              -----------------
                              20x57=1140

                              this is to much money out of the prize pool.
                              -----------------

                              Total prize pool= 2556 on the pdga site.

                              Open Men=1741 38x45 1710
                              Open Women=185 4x45 180
                              Master Men=630 14x45 630

                              according to Jub math there is added money.
                              ----------------------------

                              if you can read and understand what i just did here you will realize that it doesnt make sense. ive always got along with Jub and dont hold any ill will! I feel this is something that might help people realize that playing pro is pointless.

                              edit*fixed
                              Ed I too bear no ill will thats why I posted them early and online. If you really feel playing pro is pointless then running a pro only seems really pointless After all is'nt it just a glorified ace pot?

                              Here are the totals $1140-$228 (INWs)=$912-$165 (Club)=$747-$171(pDGA)=$576-$112 (Ace)=$464 left /57=$8.10
                              rewindb.com

                              Comment


                              • im curious what the pdga will do if a td takes more than the tour standard amount. im also curious what the feelings are of the other pros who played this event.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X