X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    Thats weird they were commercially done. What color did you get? We even joked about how much smaller they were to begin with multiple washes and dries part of the process.

wash the shirt alone and add some vinegar to the water say 1/4 cup to med load not a lot just enough to really set the dye. then it should wash with like colors.
    Thanks for the tip. Mine is green.

The tournament was fun, thanks for all your work.

Comment

Jubs got that lucrative laundry career to fall back on if the whole DG tourney thing doesnt pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
        Jub,

The course looks marvelous. Not sure of the bench situation, but apparently they are somewhere in the park. Only the benches on Hole 2, 3, and 8 were affected. If we get them back, then I willl install the cable locks on them as to aviod future relocations.

The CSI 2011 is going to be the bomb!

Now I just have to beg for time off to register.
        We found the benches, they are in the Laurel bushes behind hole two. We were playing and heard laughing so I made my way into the Laurel Layer and discovered all the benches strategically placed literally up in the laurel with a bunch of teenagers? in them. I asked them politely to please return the benches by Friday. If we had more man power we would have done it then and there, but those benches were tied six to eight feet up in the laurels.

Comment

Thanks for the update about the benches. Children had to sit on the ground for crying out loud. It was a travesty. Cable locks in hand and on the way.

Thanks again for all of the work on the course. Best I've ever seen it.

Comment

Seatac is a different course now.

4 years ago it was intimidating to try and play a round at this time of year.

I was joking with Jub and Erik yesterday about how the grass on #4 was so tall back then, even if you threw your disc dead center fairway, you still had to look for it. I lost a disc on 14 years ago, short and right, it disappeared into those prehistoric giant cabbage plants and I never saw it again.

Now, for most golfers, finding anything resembling rough will take a really really bad shot.

It looks like a golf course out there now, not the abandoned subdivision it used to be. Except for some of the rubble poking out of the ground on 16 and 17, thats gonna get fixed next.

With so many people now contributing to the effort, Seatac will hopefully never again be that scary disc eating monster it used to be.

Still not a 60 though, I think its about a 57 now.

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
              We found the benches, they are in the Laurel bushes behind hole two. We were playing and heard laughing so I made my way into the Laurel Layer and discovered all the benches strategically placed literally up in the laurel with a bunch of teenagers? in them. I asked them politely to please return the benches by Friday. If we had more man power we would have done it then and there, but those benches were tied six to eight feet up in the laurels.
              Stadium style seating for CSI, I bet you could see play on a few different holes from up there. You could serve drinks & food and charge $10 a seat this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                Still not a 60 though, I think its about a 57 now.
                Which of the final four holes isn't par 4 in the longs?

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  Which of the final four holes isn't par 4 in the longs?

Is this a trick question? There are no "longs".
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                    Is this a trick question? There are no "longs".
                    I have played multiple pin positions on at least a few of those holes. If they have been pulled out and now only have 1 pin placement, please excuse my ignorance. I only get to play that course a few times each year...

Comment

• List updated 58 Registered Open players 40 Open men 13 Open Masters

The only two pins that have moved are 14 100ft longer and 16 about 75ft longer.

Jordy, they are all threes I have pared every hole at least once
                      rewindb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        The only two pins that have moved are 14 100ft longer and 16 about 75ft longer.

Jordy, they are all threes I have pared every hole at least once
                        So they were actually moved and the shorter pin placements no longer exist?

Whether or not you have 3'd those holes is not the point, have you ever 2'd those holes with a putt from inside the circle? If not then the hole par should be 4. But I know that this is a sore spot for you Jubby, so I won't continue with this line of inquiry.

I love that course! Have a great time this weekend and give Sandy some crap for me.

Comment

• 1st round leaders:

Feldberg 52
                          Crabtree 52
                          Brody 53
                          Morris 54
                          Anderson 54

Andy Faris shot 56 in Masters but I had to leave before all the scores were posted. All the players I talked to said the weather, which was light rain at times, wasn't a factor.
                          Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

• CSI Groupings and Tee Times

1st group out - Open Group 2
                            J. Morris D. Ross C. Waugh
                            2nd group out - Masters
                            M. Werth A. Faris TC Todd M. Cook K. Holmes
                            3rd group out - Open Group 3
                            A. Holley C. Fry B. Cook
                            4th group out - Ladies
                            J. Westphal Melo M. Drews M. Bailey
                            5th group out - Open Group 4
                            L. O'Driscol B. Penny S. McClain
                            6th group out - Open Group 1
                            Borg K. Crabtree B. Miller J. Anderson

Everyone else, shotgun start at 8 a.m. Players meeting at 7:45 a.m.

Tee Times meeting at 10 a.m. at tourny central.
                            1st group out will probably tee off around 10:15 or so at hole 16.
                            2nd group out will probably tee off around 10:20 or so at hole 8.
                            3rd group out will probably tee off around 10:25 on hole 16.
                            4th group out will probably tee off around 10:30 on hole 8.
                            5th group out will probably tee off around 10:35 on hole 16.
                            6th group out will probably tee off around 10:40 on hole 8.
                            Last edited by BigBubbBelly; March 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the shotgun start

Comment

• RewindB Podcast. DG World Scenario interview with Dave Feldberg at the CSI. It comes in around 29 minutes.

http://www.rewindb.com/audio/3.26.11.mp3
                              www.rewindb.com

Comment

• Anybody wanna help me shoot some video of the lead card tomorrow? So as a moderately skilled videographer I was able to shoot some nice footage at CSI today. For the 1st round I parked my miniDV camcorder/tripod and shot all the groups driving on 6 and some other throws on 3 and 5. For rnd 2 I followed the lead card with my little handheld HD FlipCam and got some good stuff...However, it'd be great if I could get someone to shoot footage of where those big anny shots they throw actually land. The FlipCam is super easy to use...point at the subject, press a button, layoff the zoom, hold it still. Either way, I'll be able to edit a nice little video for the chainbanger'z site/youtube, etc. Cheers
                                PDGA 42602
                                Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X