X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
    I do not agree with TD's getting paid for x-c-b tiers !!!!!
    All the players that are at the work parties are not getting paid so why should the TD? There are other players helping out like the club members should they be paid also?
    This is a problem that we are coming up against and i think we as players should END it this year.
    We need to make these TD's that are going to take money for themselves make that known before we sign up and pay, not Sunday morning when we have no say to change it. We are there to golf and compete not dicker with the TD over payout.
    WE AS PLAYERS NEED TO CHANGE THIS!!!! STAND UP AND SAY NO MORE
    Ask all TD'S before you sign up if they are taking money out to pay themselves. better yet lets make them post it in the flyer or online so we know.
    Is this a standard for all inland series events?
    JUB THIS STINKS and most players at your event all agreed that it is you and the way you run your event is hokey to say the least. to bad they can only complain to other players and not the guy stealing their money and setting a standard for greed and crappy payouts. The more this happens and TD's get away with it the harder it will be to change it later. WE AS PLAYERS CAN STOP THIS

MAY 14TH & 15TH STEILY EVENT WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY MONEY FOR THE TD. Will be donating my time for the growth of disc golf in my community.
    Here are the TD guidelines for the INWS.

Without sponsorship a tournament is destined to fail. This seems to be the real issue concerning the Pro weekend of the CSI. Finding tournament sponsorship has become increasingly harder in the economic climate that we are living in right now. Then when you add the fact that you have to find sponsorship for two weekends in a row really creates a challenge for a TD.

If you are unhappy with a specific event you may always exercise your option to choose not to play in the tournament. Most events will fill up anyway. I personally prefer to not have whiners play in the events that I direct.

I commend you on donating your time and effort for the upcoming Steili Event, but the days of "Thanks for a great tournament." as payment for all the work that goes into directing a tournament are over. The PDGA recognizes this fact.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• LJ Jubner has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Okay WHAT is going on here?

I have tried on several occasions to get the details CORRECTED for me on this tournament... Jub listed me with an incorrect name AND incorrect PDGA number... not sure how or why this happened, but I have asked it to be corrected several times but to no avail... now JUB is banned from PMs? Not taking PM's... what gives here? This is his duty as a TD.
      www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
      www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

• Originally posted by Yammits View Post
        LJ Jubner has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I have tried on several occasions to get the details CORRECTED for me on this tournament... Jub listed me with an incorrect name AND incorrect PDGA number... not sure how or why this happened, but I have asked it to be corrected several times but to no avail... now JUB is banned from PMs? Not taking PM's... what gives here? This is his duty as a TD.
        Forum communication is never the 'official' venue for contacting the TD of an event. Either call him directly or e-mail him directly if you need to contact him. This forum is a convenience that some TDs provide and Jub is one of those, but since he is serving a one week ban for certain comments, posting here is like standing on your porch and yelling about how your water bill is too high. Nobody but your neighbors hear your complaints...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

LJ Jubner has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Jub will be able to receive your PM once his suspension is over. In the mean time, a phone call would probably work best.

Comment

I resubmitted the AM weeknd paperwork, Remmeber the Offical socres are done at the National level and on thier time schedule it's not like CSI was the only event since the begining of the year so be patient. NOW!!!!
            rewindb.com

Comment

• adventures in avoiding sandbagging: confessions of an intentional blow-up

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
              I find the blow up scores more entertaining than the good ones for seatac tournaments. I wonder if a couple of those real high scores became intentional so the round rating would drop. I always seem to play not quite bad enough to have a round drop when I blow up.
              You're on to something, Danny boy. I showed up late Sat. morning (er, kind of...), so I was penalized 8 strokes for missing 2 holes. At the end of that first round I made the tough decision that I probably hadn't played well enough to overcome the deficit and cash even if my next 2 rds were tourney-P.R.s for me at the SeaTac... so I 10-putted the last hole, making sure it would be bad enough to not affect my rating.

I've "thrown" a round intentionally one other time (withheld a scorecard... also at the 'Tac, coincidentally), but I didn't like the feeling it left me with. I felt like I was deceiving myself and trying to live in a fantasy world, and I told myself I'd never do it again on principle, despite the potential embarassment of a bad score/rating being posted online. This time around, though, it seemed more deceptive to turn in a card with 7s for the two holes I hadn't actually played; it didn't feel right that such sandbagging-by-default should affect my rating. So I bit the bullet, decided the end result of the the tourney was a lost cause, and focused on playing my best golf for rounds 2 and 3. (side note: they did indeed turn out to be my two best sanctioned rounds at SeaTac, but I would have been a few strokes shy of cashing)

I stand by my decision, and hope that my memory of this experience helps motivate me to be substantially early for future events, both in disc golf (to have more time to warm up, but also because the TD can apparently choose to start 20+ minutes earlier than what the flyer says...) and life in general.
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by killa View Post
                You're on to something, Danny boy. I showed up late Sat. morning (er, kind of...), so I was penalized 8 strokes for missing 2 holes. At the end of that first round I made the tough decision that I probably hadn't played well enough to overcome the deficit and cash even if my next 2 rds were tourney-P.R.s for me at the SeaTac... so I 10-putted the last hole, making sure it would be bad enough to not affect my rating.

I've "thrown" a round intentionally one other time (withheld a scorecard... also at the 'Tac, coincidentally), but I didn't like the feeling it left me with. I felt like I was deceiving myself and trying to live in a fantasy world, and I told myself I'd never do it again on principle, despite the potential embarassment of a bad score/rating being posted online. This time around, though, it seemed more deceptive to turn in a card with 7s for the two holes I hadn't actually played; it didn't feel right that such sandbagging-by-default should affect my rating. So I bit the bullet, decided the end result of the the tourney was a lost cause, and focused on playing my best golf for rounds 2 and 3. (side note: they did indeed turn out to be my two best sanctioned rounds at SeaTac, but I would have been a few strokes shy of cashing)

I stand by my decision, and hope that my memory of this experience helps motivate me to be substantially early for future events, both in disc golf (to have more time to warm up, but also because the TD can apparently choose to start 20+ minutes earlier than what the flyer says...) and life in general.
                Check out section 3.3 b (13)

Comment

• Makes sense Killa, the reasoning seems perfectly sound to me. I'd feel kind of ashamed if I purposefully 'threw' a round but if you are late, the rating is already going to be incredibly inaccurate.

Pick on those who actually are circumventing the rules...there are plenty of them
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X